Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Someone (not an insider) just told me Villian-con is an open floor plan trackless not so dark ride. There would be 12 "vendor booths" surrounding the ride area. The vendors would be AA hosted vignettes demonstrating Villian gear like freeze rays and fart guns. Each ride you visit 9 booths at random.

It sounded a bit like Luigi's at DCA with show scenes. The guy I was talking to said there is an article on the internet (he couldn't remember the site), but they only got it partly right.
I feel we've only heard a piece of this rumor so far..

Sounds a bit like the Hotel Transylvania ride at Motiongate

And it also sounds like they are trying to build a Minion mini-land

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I hope it's not like that. It looks so boring. Also being able to see other cars on the ride just seems weird and kills a bit of the immersion.

Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Mystic Manor called.

Both of them have moments to where multiple ride cars are in one scene, in one way or another. And that both work to great effect.

I would say Hotel Transylvania would be a bad example, and that I would think Universal would put in more quality and time than compared to a minor-league theme park.

Pooh's Hunny Hunt and Mystic Manor called.

Both of them have moments to where multiple ride cars are in one scene, in one way or another. And that both work to great effect.

I would say Hotel Transylvania would be a bad example, and that I would think Universal would put in more quality and time than compared to a minor-league theme park.

Well if it's done well then that's all that matters. Having never been on either of those rides I wouldn't know. The way it's done in that Hotel Transylvania ride video just looks cheap and lazy.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
A Mini-on land?

tenor.gif

Well if it's done well then that's all that matters. Having never been on either of those rides I wouldn't know. The way it's done in that Hotel Transylvania ride video just looks cheap and lazy.

You will be no matter what dealing with an apples/oranges debate on the quality. Universal has the ability to pour in a larger budget than what Motiongate had, and that this should be something that can offer variety for the family if done correctly.

What I am curious however, is if they'll still do something practical in the attraction to balance that part of the park out more.

I’m all for more dark rides, but play areas (similar to the Curious George area) are a staple.

Almost all of the Orlando parks have one (DHS closed theirs, because of course they did). Universal closing KidZone will bring an end to Fievel, Curious George, and even Barney’s indoor playground. A Minions playground, combined with a few small rides (think kiddie drop tower/Frog Hopper or Banana-themed pirate ship) would go a long way toward holding over some kid energy. The films are popular enough, and it’s low-risk for Universal to add. The Shrek building is even set up with two floors, so I could picture a second floor with a little snack shop and tables; something for rainy afternoons and tired parents. They could also finally add the midway games to the outside of the building, that they have in Hollywood (“Space Killer”or something like that? Minion prizes... it would work.)

They wouldn’t have to do much to the building, possibly widen it to take over the outdoor queue space between Shrek and Hello Kitty. Best part? This would be a quick addition that wouldn’t take up a lot of resources. It would make the loss of KidZone (minus ET) easier to swallow for a lot of families (throw in a few more kid-friendly street shows on that side of the park, too)

I’m all for more dark rides, but play areas (similar to the Curious George area) are a staple.

Almost all of the Orlando parks have one (DHS closed theirs, because of course they did). Universal closing KidZone will bring an end to Fievel, Curious George, and even Barney’s indoor playground. A Minions playground, combined with a few small rides (think kiddie drop tower/Frog Hopper or Banana-themed pirate ship) would go a long way toward holding over some kid energy. The films are popular enough, and it’s low-risk for Universal to add. The Shrek building is even set up with two floors, so I could picture a second floor with a little snack shop and tables; something for rainy afternoons and tired parents. They could also finally add the midway games to the outside of the building, that they have in Hollywood (“Space Killer”or something like that? Minion prizes... it would work.)

They wouldn’t have to do much to the building, possibly widen it to take over the outdoor queue space between Shrek and Hello Kitty. Best part? This would be a quick addition that wouldn’t take up a lot of resources. It would make the loss of KidZone (minus ET) easier to swallow for a lot of families (throw in a few more kid-friendly street shows on that side of the park, too)

Nintendo should/will have play areas of its own, though, so the park won't be without one for too long. Space is too valuable in USF to use Shrek for one, IMO

I fear some of the areas of Nintendo will be so fun for the kids they won't want to stop playing.

Yes. For "the kids". "The kids" won't leave. :look:

I could see Monsters Cafe and the Transformers military canopy area being Minion-ized.

Should have happened a long time ago. Turn Monsters Café into "Gru's Lab Restaurant" or something. Won't even have to work that hard to change the theming.

Almost all of the Orlando parks have one (DHS closed theirs, because of course they did).
Epcot needs one. The couple water pads they have just doesn't do it. I love the temporary playgrounds they build for festivals, but they need a year-round play area. Hopefully DHS gets a new one too, not that HISTK was that great actually.

When I visit the parks with kids, the big winners are Jungala and Happy Harbor. Kids love those giant net things. Plus, anything with water is a plus. My favorite is Camp Jurassic, of course.

If this ends up being a Minions mini land, what happens to Rockit? Remove Hollywood from name and move it under New York?
I think Mini-Land.. I think Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem, Villain-Con across the street, and Super Silly Stuff gift shop and that's it. It's "mini" afterall.

Minion Central - A subsection of Production Central: Coming to a USF near you.

A villain con dark ride. Could they think of a more obscure, less marketable and out of touch ride idea? It sounds awful.

Vs SLoP which would fit New York, improve the facade, sell gear and be a solid draw.

It’s apples and oranges turds.