Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Voodoo Doughnut (UOR)

I don't see myself ever trying these, unless there's something special about Voodoo in particular? Otherwise, we have something similar in South Florida called Mojo Donuts and I think I've only ever made it through half a donut. :lol:

36b3465b29e723b30afd52dd37e5eb9b--donuts-pine.jpg

I'm all for doughnuts. I remember in RTC 3 (Which I still play) I had Doughnut stands in every theme and they'd do well.

I Don't know what it is but doughnuts seem to be really popular snack food at theme parks? Looking forward to this!

I Don't know what it is but doughnuts seem to be really popular snack food at theme parks? Looking forward to this!
That’s true. They’ll also have some pretty stiff competition against the (Donut King) donuts offered in the parks and Lard Lad. Will be interesting to see how they compare.

My take: these will be fresh and in CityWalk. Never underestimate the power of fresh donuts.
Yeah, Donut King is good, but the Donut King donuts in the park are like buying Krispy Kreme from a gas station. It's not the same as if you go and get it where they're made fresh.

VooDoo will succeed mostly because of it's location, but the fresh, high quality donuts don't hurt.

Yeah, Donut King is good, but the Donut King donuts in the park are like buying Krispy Kreme from a gas station. It's not the same as if you go and get it where they're made fresh.

VooDoo will succeed mostly because of it's location, but the fresh, high quality donuts don't hurt.
I actually went to Donut King recently because I like the taste of their donuts and wanted to try them fresh at the actual location. I actually found the ones in the park to taste fresher. Now the circumstances may have created that. I went in the afternoon and when I’ve had them in the park it’s usually been in the morning. I assume they get their delivery prior to park opening so getting them in the morning they’re probably not that old. Still the location was very busy when I went with a long lone and hardly any parking available. I’m wondering if Voodoo will really be any different. With such a large variety I would assume they make them in batches throughout the day alternating varieties so depending on what you order it could be many hours old.

People walking in will smell them in the morning and be sure to pick one up when leaving if they’re not going for dinner.

I don't see myself ever trying these, unless there's something special about Voodoo in particular? Otherwise, we have something similar in South Florida called Mojo Donuts and I think I've only ever made it through half a donut. :lol:

36b3465b29e723b30afd52dd37e5eb9b--donuts-pine.jpg

wait did you say "half a donut"? I think you meant half a box?

There are plenty of "high end" donut places in South Florida. Jupiter, Rhino, Mojo...however Voodoo was one of the first, and still supposedly one of the best. I mean, I've never had a donut I didn't like.