Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As far as a bus stop, there is a cutout on the bottom right before the entrance which looks to have a walking path, gate access and a pad for a covered waiting area. I am assuming this will be one of two stops to cover both hotels so I am thinking they would just drive down Universal Blvd versus turning in to each resort.

Reactions: Joel
As far as a bus stop, there is a cutout on the bottom right before the entrance which looks to have a walking path, gate access and a pad for a covered waiting area. I am assuming this will be one of two stops to cover both hotels so I am thinking they would just drive down Universal Blvd versus turning in to each resort.

I see it now. Weird area especially since guests will be in a public roadway. It could just be a public bus stop?

I thought the same with Cabana Bay. Cabana Bay Cold have many more rooms if it weren't for the surface parking. But for some reason in Orlando Surface parking is almost like a must with new developments.

I think they hit the target number of rooms they wanted. They could have built taller if they wanted but I think the resort is in perfect proportion for what it is.

That is a hike down to there. I can't see them making guests walk all the way down there to use Uni's transportation. It's also marked as light duty pavement vs the yellow heavy duty pavement. Not likely something you'd do for busses. I wonder if that might be a designated Uber/cab pickup location.

I think they hit the target number of rooms they wanted. They could have built taller if they wanted but I think the resort is in perfect proportion for what it is.
I agree. My point was about putting as many rooms as possible for the height they decided to top out at.
But at the time , I wouldnt have suspected Sapphire or Volcano Bay so the amount of people that Cabana Bay can have is definitely okay with the amount of other people within a block or two.

Reactions: Scott W.
One more small update. Plans were filed with the SFWMD today, so we can now see exactly what they plan on building on the water park side of the site. Not surprisingly, it looks exactly like the concept art released and very similar to the initial documents filed with the City of Orlando. I've also included a brief overview of the project from the geotechnical report.

w59DHU3.jpg

I don't see a bus stop location. Unless they just intend on using the lobby entrance area.

Based on everything there, it pretty much has to be the lobby area, in the garage, or that yellow loop at the left . The busses would have to enter at the South East off Universal. After picking up guests, they would want to turn right on International Blvd. They could be putting a traffic light at the traffic light at Universal, but it still would slow them down on exit.

yup, enlarged cutout of plan here:

bus.jpg

also @Disneyhead and @Mad Dog (even though you'll never stoop low enough to stay here ).. swim-up pool bar?!

poolbar.jpg

Joel; as you said, you'll never see me there. Too far away from the main campus. :lol:....but Disneyhead is another matter. If it has a good bar he might linger at the resort, but not check in . Heck, his townhouse is almost that close to the parks. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel and Disneyhead
It'll likely be like Cabana and offer cafeteria/quick service only.

I could maybe see it if only to get people off I Drive into the hotel to see the place and maybe when they return to stay there instead and get them sucked into the staying on site at Universal bubble.

It could also make the place seem a little higher end. A small pro to outweigh the con of being outside the resort.

I could maybe see it if only to get people off I Drive into the hotel to see the place and maybe when they return to stay there instead and get them sucked into the staying on site at Universal bubble.

It could also make the place seem a little higher end. A small pro to outweigh the con of being outside the resort.
The I-Drive edge of the property is going to be a parking garage. They don't want guests to even know I-Drive is there.

The I-Drive edge of the property is going to be a parking garage. They don't want guests to even know I-Drive is there.

What about the people on I-Drive? I’d imagine it’s in Universal’s interest to get the people on I-Drive to visit the hotel.

I’m going to assume that you will need your key to board the bus going to the resort otherwise the buses will be packed with people staying near by.

Last edited:
The hotel towers are well taller than the parking garage. They aren't hiding a 400" Ferris Wheel and a 420" Star Flyer.

Plus, once the second campus opens - pretty much on I-Drive - I think Universal is going to want people to know about it. If anything, Universal doesn't want people to see the ugly view and neighbors that surround them.