T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Reading up on the new Terminator film and stumbled across this:

Terminator (franchise) - Wikipedia

The writers' room consists of Josh Friedman, creator of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, David S. Goyer, Justin Rhodes and Billy Ray.[27] The creative team has stated that the new film will feature a young 18 to 21 year-old Mexican female named Dani Ramos, who could potentially lead the franchise should the first film be successful. Cameron neglected to reveal the nature of the new Terminator villain at the event, stating it would "ruin the surprise", but was referred to by Cameron as "he" and "really cool". The director also made mention of creating a theme park attraction akin to T2 3-D: Battle Across Time should the film prove successful.[28] At a fan event in Birmingham, England, Arnold Schwarzenegger confirmed that Linda Hamilton had begun training for the film. He also confirmed that because the series deals with time-travel, the film ignores the premise of other movies and TV show in the series and will not be titled Terminator 6, but will be a sequel to Terminator 2: Judgment Day.[29] The film is scheduled to be released on July 26, 2019.[30]

Edit: Found the video where this is mentioned:

Skip to about 31mins if it doesn't auto start. Pure speculation here but was it unusual that it was Tim Miller who mentioned the Universal ride, not James Cameron hinting that this may have already been discussed at some point?

Last edited:
Reading up on the new Terminator film and stumbled across this:

Terminator (franchise) - Wikipedia

The writers' room consists of Josh Friedman, creator of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, David S. Goyer, Justin Rhodes and Billy Ray.[27] The creative team has stated that the new film will feature a young 18 to 21 year-old Mexican female named Dani Ramos, who could potentially lead the franchise should the first film be successful. Cameron neglected to reveal the nature of the new Terminator villain at the event, stating it would "ruin the surprise", but was referred to by Cameron as "he" and "really cool". The director also made mention of creating a theme park attraction akin to T2 3-D: Battle Across Time should the film prove successful.[28] At a fan event in Birmingham, England, Arnold Schwarzenegger confirmed that Linda Hamilton had begun training for the film. He also confirmed that because the series deals with time-travel, the film ignores the premise of other movies and TV show in the series and will not be titled Terminator 6, but will be a sequel to Terminator 2: Judgment Day.[29] The film is scheduled to be released on July 26, 2019.[30]

Edit: Found the video where this is mentioned:

Skip to about 31mins if it doesn't auto start. Pure speculation here but was it unusual that it was Tim Miller who mentioned the Universal ride, not James Cameron hinting that this may have already been discussed at some point?
I'm sure it was, but after Avatar, I'm sure Cameron's demands were ridiculous

I mean, there is this too

I would LOVE this to take up the space, but I don't think we'll get something like this. I think Universal is going to stray from something like Twister as it is so costly for such fire effects. However, I mean, Universal Studios is in need of a water attraction ever since the removal of Jaws, and this would definitely fill that void.

Reactions: tankart150
Would love to see the Toon Lagoon stage get a show for once. Po lives at Islands, he could use a show...

Or, ya know, this could be in preparation for 4th park entertainment.

The Toon Lagoon Theater could do with some love but I always liked the idea of that area being need for a Marvel expansion if they ever decided to do one. Lost Continent on the other hand...

The Toon Lagoon Theater could do with some love but I always liked the idea of that area being need for a Marvel expansion if they ever decided to do one. Lost Continent on the other hand...
Please don't mention Marvel, I don't want eight pages of questions about the contract

I could see whatever is going into Hollywood's Shrek potentially coming to our Shrek theater....I still believe T2 is something else

Although, an Ancient Asia land in IOA just feels right to me..

Skadoosh might be the Kung Fu Panda martial arts live show they are doing for USH for Lunar New Year. Just saying that now before the hype gets too big.

I was wrong...upon future expansion. It is a kung fu panda ride...

its Kung Fu Panda themed bumper cars at the Dreamworks Experience at Dreamworld theme park australia.

It might share the same name but that trademark is specifically for a live show and it’s a US trademark so it’s not apppicable to Australia.

I don’t think this is where it’s going however.

Reactions: tankart150