Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Kind of funny when back in '16 when they were trying so hard to keep the theme of season 6 underwraps with the multitude of fake commercials, just so they could announce it when the season premiered. Yet several months earlier TMZ basically ruined it by publishing pictures of the Roanoke colony buildings and the carved CROATOAN on a tree, giving it away.

I remember when the pictures leaked I thought the entire season would be set in the Roanoke colony and I was so excited. If Cult is our house this year, then maybe an Asylum house could be the sendoff? Part of me wants to say that Murdy is gonna do Asylum since this year is very fan service, but Ryan Murphy probably wants them to do the most recent season

Edit: Just to make the speculated lineup seem more formal here’s my guesses on locations;

Upper Lot:
- ??? - Waterworld Queue
- Blumhouse’s Halloween - Parisian Courtyard
- The Walking Dead - TWDA

Lower Lot:
- The Thing - Mummy Queue
- IT 2017 - Possible new location

Backlot:
- American Horror Story(Asylum or Cult or Asylum/Coven/Cult) - FDTD Area
- Trick ‘r Treat - Metro Sets
- Stranger Things - 747 Queue

Last edited:
it would be amazing in the thing house they had a dummy in the facade [ like the priest in the exorcist ] recreating this scene

There has to be a way to remake this poster for the facade:

51HIv6TJ8uL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Edit: Just have a dummy standing on a "snowdrift" with a spotlight for a head. I think it could work very well.

Reactions: horrornights789
There has to be a way to remake this poster for the facade:

51HIv6TJ8uL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Edit: Just have a dummy standing on a "snowdrift" with a spotlight for a head. I think it could work very well.

If Thing comes they’d probably just make the American base the facade; however this would also be a good facade option for Universal. Just a quick thought but in a sense there’s sort of a need for The Thing this year, because after Exorcist and Shining the Thing seems like a perfect classic movie follow up

Reactions: chris.g
i wanna know how they can recreate some creatures like the Blair thing or dog thing, and there are only 5 creatures in the whole film [ dog, Bennings, Norris, Palmer, and Blair] so what are the other scares?

So just a question to Chris but have you heard any rumblings around Universal that would indicate our speculation is headed in the right direction?

I wonder if they would use some of the Thing props from the 2011 maze. For example, the Edvard-Adam fused Thing from the prequel, who's charred remains were in the 2011 maze as a static figure could possibly be used at the very beginning to represent Thing remnants uncovered by the American team at the beginning of the 1982 version, when MacReady and some of the other members first see the remains outside the Norwegian base, as well as a return of the ice block the Thing escaped from.

I wonder if they would use some of the Thing props from the 2011 maze. For example, the Edvard-Adam fused Thing from the prequel, who's charred remains were in the 2011 maze as a static figure could possibly be used at the very beginning to represent Thing remnants uncovered by the American team at the beginning of the 1982 version, when MacReady and some of the other members first see the remains outside the Norwegian base, as well as a return of the ice block the Thing escaped from.

That would translate really well. For the Thing house they could easily have 1-2 scenes from the Norwegian base and could reuse the Iceblock Thing and Split-Face thing costumes. The only really new things they’d need for the maze are Spiderheads, Dog-Things, and various other monsters. If they kept the maze short I’d imagine they could easily fit it into the budget

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
That would translate really well. For the Thing house they could easily have 1-2 scenes from the Norwegian base and could reuse the Iceblock Thing and Split-Face thing costumes. The only really new things they’d need for the maze are Spiderheads, Dog-Things, and various other monsters. If they kept the maze short I’d imagine they could easily fit it into the budget

Plus, since last year's The Shining ending proved that The Mummy queue is capable of having temperature's manipulated, it's safe to say they could easily do something similar with the Thing. Vast majority of maze being inside the bases, and the ending somewhat representative of the movie's ending, being surrounded by snow, having cold temperature, just like the hedge maze temp.

Plus, since last year's The Shining ending proved that The Mummy queue is capable of having temperature's manipulated, it's safe to say they could easily do something similar with the Thing. Vast majority of maze being inside the bases, and the ending somewhat representative of the movie's ending, being surrounded by snow, having cold temperature, just like the hedge maze temp.

Except hopefully for the finale there would be less black walls. I’m curious as to how they’re gonna incorporate the Thing screaming scene, as that’s arguably one of the most famous scenes from the movie

I can definitely hear the theme song playing out loud, with the Arctic base emitting fog and monster noises coming from inside. Jeez I really don't wanna get my hopes up for this in case it's not coming.

God I remember when I first went through The Shining the music, hedge maze, and that speaking overlay just made it really creepy and I was so nervous to go in. If we get The Thing and that soundtrack plays and they have the charred Split-Face Thing in front THAT would be terrifying

I can definitely hear the theme song playing out loud, with the Arctic base emitting fog and monster noises coming from inside. Jeez I really don't wanna get my hopes up for this in case it's not coming.

Honestly speaking, I hope they expand on what they did of Shining for Thing, allowing temperatures to go below the typical amount to replicate the ice tundra in a way.

Honestly speaking, I hope they expand on what they did of Shining for Thing, allowing temperatures to go below the typical amount to replicate the ice tundra in a way.

So at this point, just realistically speaking, what do you guys think are the actual possibilities of us getting The Thing(1982 version) this year? Part of me says we will but if it really is as expensive as Murdy says(which I don’t buy since he did AWIL and AvP in the same year and that budget must’ve been crazy) then I don’t think we’ll see it this year

So at this point, just realistically speaking, what do you guys think are the actual possibilities of us getting The Thing(1982 version) this year? Part of me says we will but if it really is as expensive as Murdy says(which I don’t buy since he did AWIL and AvP in the same year and that budget must’ve been crazy) then I don’t think we’ll see it this year
I think it all matters on if the Tram goes away, as that could free up a lot of the budget to allow them to have more to use.

If The Thing comes for HHN, it'd have to be the Carpenter version and not the prequel or the 50s version.

I think it all matters on if the Tram goes away, as that could free up a lot of the budget to allow them to have more to use.

If The Thing comes for HHN, it'd have to be the Carpenter version and not the prequel or the 50s version.

I want the tram to leave since last year(or even the one in 2016) would’ve been a good send off, but if they remove the tram I’d be concerned on how that’d affect crowds. They really need to add another zone & show just to give more room should TT leave

Reactions: Freak
I want the tram to leave since last year(or even the one in 2016) would’ve been a good send off, but if they remove the tram I’d be concerned on how that’d affect crowds. They really need to add another zone & show just to give more room should TT leave

I think the problem lies with Universals ignorance to open up other attractions to keep up capacity. With JP possibly going down in September, and if the Tram is cut from HHN, they have at this point no excuse to keep Potter and DMMM closed, as both can help sustain the high capacity.

And that while I get it on that it causes issues for the flex period between the closing period to HHN, they need to figure something out for this year, atleast until SLoP opens up publicly.

I think the problem lies with Universals ignorance to open up other attractions to keep up capacity. With JP possibly going down in September, and if the Tram is cut from HHN, they have at this point no excuse to keep Potter and DMMM closed, as both can help sustain the high capacity.

And that while I get it on that it causes issues for the flex period between the closing period to HHN, they need to figure something out for this year, atleast until SLoP opens up publicly.

So hypothetically if the new house location is in the DM queue how would they let people in the ride?