Kraken Unleashed | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Kraken Unleashed

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's been what, 7-8 months so far since the VR debuted? It's also January which is SeaWorld's slowest month.

This could be a case of people simply rejecting VR. I'm sure they have numbers on roughly the percentage of guests that use VR per ride and surveys on how much those that used it liked the VR. This doesn't mean it's a full removal, but I could see them tinkering with things seeing as it is their slowest month and maybe doing doing one train with VR, one without or running trains where half is VR and half no VR. They could test doing lines for VR and no VR.

Honestly, it could be as simple as them just taking them off to get the VR goggles professionally cleaned and maintained. Who knows what they're doing, but what we do know is that Kraken's capacity took a major hit by adding VR to the attraction.

Reactions: anihilnation
I’m still not sold on VR. I have the overwhelming feeling that I would feel sick after riding and even if I don’t, my thoughts about it would be self fulfilling and I’d feel sick anyway.

I’m still not sold on VR. I have the overwhelming feeling that I would feel sick after riding and even if I don’t, my thoughts about it would be self fulfilling and I’d feel sick anyway.

VR should be used to expand a space, not contract it. VR on coasters takes a huge, open area with views and constricts it. But something like The Lab takes a small room with VR and expands it into an infinite amount of spaces. That's the true future of VR.

Ironically, Six Flags I thought was starting to drop VR on attractions due to upkeep/cleaning cost.

Honestly, to say this, AR I think once expanded in its form and presence, could be a great aid for theme parks. Not VR.
This is actually a great point

I would have much rather had a retrack of the coaster...Kraken is a great ride

As much as this didn’t appeal to me, the Lego land VR coaster does. Could also have to do with how gorgeous the graphics look.

VR is amazing and can be a great addition. It seems we are not there yet in terms of attractions though with quick loading and a quality experience. At some point I would expect vr to be the standard affordable way to theme regional park rides.

VR is amazing and can be a great addition. It seems we are not there yet in terms of attractions though with quick loading and a quality experience. At some point I would expect vr to be the standard affordable way to theme regional park rides.
This will never really be the case as in 10 years time many people will have good quality VR headsets themselves and their use at visitor attractions will become somwhat irrelevant.

This will never really be the case as in 10 years time many people will have good quality VR headsets themselves and their use at visitor attractions will become somwhat irrelevant.

We also said that about 3D but...

Tim Tracker just posted a new video from Seaworld. He states he spoke to a ride attendant and VR will be unavailable for a few weeks. Leads you to believe VR will be back. This information is at 7:10in the video.

Tim Tracker just posted a new video from Seaworld. He states he spoke to a ride attendant and VR will be unavailable for a few weeks. Leads you to believe VR will be back.

Yesterday I asked a ride ride attendant as well, and I also was told it is just down for maintenance and the VR will return. There also are signs by Kraken, saying that VR is temporarily unavailable.

Reactions: Scott W.