Lower Lot Redesign | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So should we expect a simulator ride or such? I don't go to USH that often since I live in Nor-Cal, but my impression is that the Higher Lot doesn't have as much space as much as the Lower Lot due to the amount of space it has (if the soundstages are torn down to make room).

SLoP won’t be a simulator ride or a 3D ride, SLoP has been on hold for a good while already. it’s going to have alot of animatronics & it’s gonna pull more crowds once it’s built that’s Forsure. The Upper lot has pretty good amount of space left & the lower lot has plenty of space, Once they start removing more sound stages and they remove ROTM they will have lots of work to do on the lower lot layout.

A birdie told me that SLOP will be replacing the Courtyard...Not too sure if he's that trustworthy of a source though.

They just redid a major part of the flooring for the courtyard. If SLOP is replacing anything upstairs I think it will be the Globe. That's because the Globe has a massive basement level that can also be utilized.

That's not to say that the courtyard won't heavily be redone to match the theme of Illumination Square or whatever it eventually is called.

SLoP won’t be a simulator ride or a 3D ride, SLoP has been on hold for a good while already. it’s going to have alot of animatronics & it’s gonna pull more crowds once it’s built that’s Forsure. The Upper lot has pretty good amount of space left & the lower lot has plenty of space, Once they start removing more sound stages and they remove ROTM they will have lots of work to do on the lower lot layout.
I won’t mind SLoP if the screens are done like Potter or GotG where we don’t need glasses. Just please give us some descent AAs. The park DESPRATELY needs more practical.

At least the CSI stages will be left open for something different and we likely won’t get Fallon.

Reactions: Al2020
I won’t mind SLoP if the screens are done like Potter or GotG where we don’t need glasses. Just please give us some descent AAs. The park DESPRATELY needs more practical.

At least the CSI stages will be left open for something different and we likely won’t get Fallon.

Actually this realiable source said that If Universal gets it right SLoP will be one of the best dark rides in the world, which will be better then symbolica from efteling theme park. The ride won’t be a 3D/4D ride since the park has plenty of it.

Yeah Fallon was heavily rumored to come to the west coast in one point but that got scrapped.

Actually this realiable source said that If Universal gets it right SLoP will be one of the best dark rides in the world, which will be better then symbolica from efteling theme park. The ride won’t be a 3D/4D ride since the park has plenty of it.
Yeah Fallon was heavily rumored to come to the west coast in one point but that got scrapped.
...tenor.gif

I wouldn't say best in the world, but it has the potential to be a LOT better than even Forbidden Journey, which is what I would call the best attraction at Universal Hollywood, but more on what it would be offering to the table.

As for Fallon, I have heard more than one occasion of Fallon being a possibility, but I guess it has now been killed of any possibility.

So for now, the Studio Tour will have a Tramtastic day..

What I am hoping comes out of this, is that it gives Universal the ability of space to have a indoor coaster, thrilling enough while also still being compact to work out for the park in the best way to balance out the family attractions coming down there in the LL..

Reactions: ush.hacker
I wouldn't say best in the world, but it has the potential to be a LOT better than even Forbidden Journey, which is what I would call the best attraction at Universal Hollywood, but more on what it would be offering to the table.

As for Fallon, I have heard more than one occasion of Fallon being a possibility, but I guess it has now been killed of any possibility.

So for now, the Studio Tour will have a Tramtastic day..

What I am hoping comes out of this, is that it gives Universal the ability of space to have a indoor coaster, thrilling enough while also still being compact to work out for the park in the best way to balance out the family attractions coming down there in the LL..
Huh?

I’m glad to see Fallon was scrapped. I would love to see a coaster in that space.

Reactions: Al2020
I would love to see a coaster in that space.

With the closure of Mummy, I would hope they'd bring something thrilling to the park that could be even above that level, as it'd be a good way to balance the park out a bit.

And that there are plenty of compact options that they could do, that could even be indoors if they wanted to do so.

I miss Jon Fu

Jon Fu was a great architect, and helped bring IU to a site that has felt professional while also being fan-oriented at that time.

I do miss him, but that I am equally happy for the work that @Brian G. and @Jonathan has done for the main site.

Wild speculation with no sources, but I would be willing to bet money they’re saving that plot of land on the former CSI stages for a Jurassic World expansion. Gyrosphere thrill ride anyone? If they hurry up and build it, that would be a solid rebuttal against Gakaxy’s Edge. They would be missing a good opportunity if that doesn’t open up with JPRA 2.0.

Reactions: alias8703
Wild speculation with no sources, but I would be willing to bet money they’re saving that plot of land on the former CSI stages for a Jurassic World expansion. Gyrosphere thrill ride anyone? If they hurry up and build it, that would be a solid rebuttal against Gakaxy’s Edge. They would be missing a good opportunity if that doesn’t open up with JPRA 2.0.

Honestly, I want exclusivity to be a thing, even though it seems all but confirmed that JW will be coming to Gate 3.

I would honestly love to see 22-25/28 become some sort of Sci-Fi themed land, incorporating Transformers alongside the theming of that.

Galaxy's Edge opens next year. As of right now, it doesn't look like anything will be ready to go by then unless they really push for it.

Galaxy's Edge opens next year. As of right now, it doesn't look like anything will be ready to go by then unless they really push for it.

The only things I could see is that major JPRA renovation being rumored, and SLoP (If they go TFOrlando speed on construction).

2020 I think more should be the bigger year for 22-25/28.

The thing is, Universal doesn’t NEED to open something to compete with SW:GE. Nothing can compete with it anyway unless it was Nintendo.

The reason I say USH doesn’t need to open something is bc with such an influx of people coming to Anaheim to see, USH will naturally benefit from that.