Universal Studios Japan General Discussion | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How is Super Nintendo World going on over there?

As far as the latest, something interesting to note is that there seems to be a lot of infastructure around a few areas in USJ, more on the northern end of Amity leading to Waterworld.

As for the area itself, that I can't find any information of.

I didn’t see this posted here, so:

And the differences between the Hollywood/Orlando and Japan:

Admittedly, given this ride replaced the last version of BTTF (after the last one replaced Terminator 2 in Hollywood, no less), my first instinct was to absolutely despise this, unconditionally. But watching the area and the ride footage, I have to say: I can’t say they didn’t put any effort into this. This easily has the best theming area for the ride compared to the other parks and the OMNIMAX footage looks way more immersive than the 3D curved screen. You don’t see the other riders and the extra bit of footage is a nice touch. Kudos, Universal. I still would’ve preferred to have BTTF, but I can’t say you half-assed this one.

Lots of news came out over the past week....if you are planning to go to USJ, 2018 seems to be the year.

1. FIrst and foremost, USJ will introduce its 9th year in price increases to 7,900 Yen ($70) for adults 12 and up. USJ management doesn't think this will cause any issues and promised to us the increase fees to create more attractions for guests at USJ. The ticket hike goes into effect Jan 31.

2. Following this: Universal has announced basic details about their Sailor Moon Attraction. This will be the first time this anime has been represented in their park and they can't wait to show guests what they have in a form of a quality 4D attraction based on an original story from March 18, 2018 to Jun 24, 2018.

su-2.png

Sailor Moon will also have unique merch and food menu. Food Menu includes: consisting of the Sailor Moon Cafe Plate (with a crescent moon-like croissant, naturally), Sailor Moon Compact Cake Strawberry Rare Cheese (modeled on the heroine’s Tranformation Brooch), Moon Prism Power Cake Berry and Pistachio and Pineapple Cake, and Sailor Moon Strawberry and Lemon Soda (served in a special costumed cup).
su-3.png

You will also get to wield your own weapon and pose with all the Sailor Scouts for a great photo.
su-4.png

3.Now that we got that out of the way...Universal has released more trailers regarding their Final Fantasy Attraction as well as Detective Conan...

4. USJ Also released their first teaser for the Easter Celebration where they plan to turn Wonderland into a lovely easter playground full of flowers and smiles.

main01.jpg

5. Lastly, USJ is opening up a new hotel in conjunction with OREX

TOKYO, Japan - November 29, 2017 - ORIX Real Estate Corporation ("ORIX Real Estate"), a subsidiary of ORIX Corporation, and USJ Co., Ltd. have made an official hotel agreement for its hotel currently under construction in Konohana Ward, Osaka City. HOTEL UNIVERSAL PORT VITA has been chosen as the hotel's name. Hotel construction is scheduled to for completion in April 2018, and it is scheduled to open the following July.

ORIX Real Estate began operating the official HOTEL UNIVERSAL PORT (totaling 600 guest rooms) from August of 2010. As an official hotel, we are collaborating with the park to feature popular characters inside the hotel entrance, reception lobby, communal spaces, the restaurants, guest rooms, and so on. Through the services provided by our hotel staff, equivalent to the level experienced by guests inside the park, we create a space where guests will not soon forget their excitement and enthusiasm, even after they return from the park.

HOTEL UNIVERSAL PORT VITA will have 428 guest rooms in total and a directly operated restaurant. Going forward, ORIX Real Estate will collaborate in every way possible with Universal Studios Japan to create the equivalent environment as if it is integrated into the park.
ORIX | News Releases | 2017 | HOTEL UNIVERSAL PORT VITA Scheduled to Open in Summer 2018 Seventh Official Hotel of Universal Studios Japan

This new hotel, HOTEL UNIVERSAL PORT VITA, ( *VITA is Italian and Latin for "life" in its many forms) is designed to be a vibrant place filled with great blessings from the nature and the sun, and strives to contribute to the townscape featuring the extraordinary element of entertainment at the heart of the Universal Studios Japan theme park.
The hotel logo was designed in the image of the sun’s warmth and the softness of flower petals, and in addition to portraying a sense of uplifting vitality, it expresses the hotel’s sense of security and spirit of attentive hospitality.

image171129ORIXJ3.jpg

image171129ORIXJ.jpg

image171129ORIXE7.jpg

image171129ORIXJ4.jpg

image171129ORIXJ5.jpg

image171129ORIXJ6.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So for 2018, USJ is getting:
1. New Hotel
2. Night Parade
3. Updated Potter
4. Updated Waterworld
5. Curious George Attraction
6. 2 Conan temp attractions, 2 Monster Hunter temp Attractions, Sailor Moon attraction, and final fantasy attraction
7. Easter Celebration
8. Most likely Universal Jump Summer again

That's a lot.

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that some of this new stuff was designed in Orlando. Especially the food items and hotel.

From UC's own mission statement...

Universal Creative is the planning and development division of Universal Parks and Resorts™, which is one of the many businesses within NBCUniversal™. We are ideally situated in Orlando, Florida, which has become widely known as the theme park and resort capital of the world. We are responsible for the design, development, and delivery of all resort and theme park concepts for all of Universal vacation destinations worldwide – Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China.

but again they have their own team and job openings specifically for Japan whereas the other parks don't have specific team.

Today was the press preview for Universal Cool 2018 with IU contributor Haru present and reporting from the scene.

Tomorrow marks the first day of Universal Cool which may show some upcoming concepts/technology/etc that UC has been working on and we make see at other Universal Parks.

A need parade "Universal Spectacle Night Parade" was planning to start from middle of March 2018, but now they are having so many troubles on this new parade.
Starting date will delayed to end of April or May.
There is Golden Week(holiday week in Japan) on first week of May, so at least they wants to start this new parade by that holiday.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Due to Universal's success, The city of Osaka has optioned to make their own amusement park themed on anime/manga year round which may mean Universal Cool Japan will be dead after this year.

クールジャパンパークの概要発表、大阪城公園を「日本一に」― スポニチ Sponichi Annex 社会

I would assume it depends on what is being offered more than anything.

Universal Cool should be a huge moneymaker in Osaka, and depending on what they use for Japanese properties, Universal may still be able to work with partners. It's like saying that just because Warner Brothers using some of their IP's during Halloween on their backlot, means that they can't be used at Universal Hollywood's HHN (which was a fear when WB Studios in Hollywood announced their Halloween event for some of us in the know of some things).

The Osaka park is going to vary on certain variables in my own eyes.

I would assume it depends on what is being offered more than anything.

Universal Cool should be a huge moneymaker in Osaka, and depending on what they use for Japanese properties, Universal may still be able to work with partners. It's like saying that just because Warner Brothers using some of their IP's during Halloween on their backlot, means that they can't be used at Universal Hollywood's HHN (which was a fear when WB Studios in Hollywood announced their Halloween event for some of us in the know of some things).

The Osaka park is going to vary on certain variables in my own eyes.

However lets say Universal and the city both go for the same IP. One has the backing of the Japanese Government while the other doesn't which is now the biggest issue I can forsee from this.
Shareholders | About Cool Japan Fund | Cool Japan Fund

Which is probably why NBCUniversal may be trying to acquire manga/anime properties in Japan for ownership.

We will know more next year February.

However lets say Universal and the city both go for the same IP. One has the backing of the Japanese Government while the other doesn't which is now the biggest issue I can forsee from this.

Which is probably why NBCUniversal may be trying to acquire manga/anime properties in Japan for ownership.

We will know more next year February.

All I would say, is that I would imagine that Universal Cool is enough of a financial gaining opportunity to warrant it still being a event to operate and produce. What I am curious of is what properties are used for the Osaka Animation/Manga park, because I think a good question lies where A-1, Toei, and a few others come to that question..

And even then, look at the Japanese Hello Kitty park's.