Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So hypothetically if the new house location is in the DM queue how would they let people in the ride?

They physically can not put a maze in the DM queue. When they redid the queue after T2 closed, they added a glasses cleanup station that now resides over where they would of had that facades for HoTC and GtH. Not to mention, fire codes would have a field day now with that back side of the building if they even touched that during HHN.

The only use I can see DMs queue, is for Minion Mayhem to be open with the two theaters fully used.

Ripping that bandaid before anyone gets ideas.

Reactions: horrornights789
They physically can not put a maze in the DM queue. When they redid the queue after T2 closed, they added a glasses cleanup station that now resides over where they would of had that facades for HoTC and GtH. Not to mention, fire codes would have a field day now with that back side of the building if they even touched that during HHN.

The only use I can see DMs queue, is for Minion Mayhem to be open with the two theaters fully used.

Ripping that bandaid before anyone gets ideas.

Yeah I could’ve sworn someone said it’s a possible location and I was wondering how that’d work. I’m just assuming that the new location is on the lower Lot solely for the fact that it wouldn’t make too much sense for one maze(Thing in Mummy) to be in that whole area

Yeah I could’ve sworn someone said it’s a possible location and I was wondering how that’d work. I’m just assuming that the new location is on the lower Lot solely for the fact that it wouldn’t make too much sense for one maze(Thing in Mummy) to be in that whole area

Crazier things have happened, like half of USH being a construction nightmare for nearly 2 years, and DHS barely passing the Theme Park test.

I don't rule it out, as we did have Mummy be the only venue down there for a period of time until 2011.

Crazier things have happened, like half of USH being a construction nightmare for nearly 2 years, and DHS barely passing the Theme Park test.

I don't rule it out, as we did have Mummy be the only venue down there for a period of time until 2011.

Well at least means possible smaller wait times for whatever maze ends up in Mummy(for right I’m just gonna say The Thing). Just a thought but couldn’t the Terror Tram queue potentially hold a maze? Or even maybe a maze in an area where the tram stops?

Well at least means possible smaller wait times for whatever maze ends up in Mummy(for right I’m just gonna say The Thing). Just a thought but couldn’t the Terror Tram queue potentially hold a maze? Or even maybe a maze in an area where the tram stops?

In the past iteration, when the TT was taken away, they used backstage area next to the maintenance bay. I would assume they would do the same thing but for an exterior tent.

And then, they use the main tram Queue and the road that the trams drop off and pick up people for the queue, while having sanctions already nearby for quick set up.

But that's my two cents.

Reactions: horrornights789
In the past iteration, when the TT was taken away, they used backstage area next to the maintenance bay. I would assume they would do the same thing but for an exterior tent.

And then, they use the main tram Queue and the road that the trams drop off and pick up people for the queue, while having sanctions already nearby for quick set up.

But that's my two cents.

What year did they do that?

USH better have learned their lesson about those damn wheeled out sets in scare zones.

I get it, there was a lot of construction in 2017 but they even had them in 2016! Compare those to USOs beautiful fixed sets......One can pray, right?

Hollywood Harry opening scare zone. Calling it. Anybody else think?

USO even has a better lighting design with their scarezones! Sorry for the rant but arg

USH better have learned their lesson about those damn wheeled out sets in scare zones.

I get it, there was a lot of construction in 2017 but they even had them in 2016! Compare those to USOs beautiful fixed sets......One can pray, right?

Hollywood Harry opening scare zone. Calling it. Anybody else think?

USO even has a better lighting design with their scarezones! Sorry for the rant but arg
There's 3-4 scarezones that utilize mobile sets in Florida (Hollywood, Production Central, New York and sometimes San Fran). Now of course most of those zones do have permanent decorations that are up above the streets, but still, same concept.

Reactions: ush.hacker
I was under the impression the reason they were wheeling out sets is because when they were left out during the day, too many guests (mostly those with young children, obviously) were complaining.

If their excuse for being lazy about the scarezones is that “it’s too scawy for da wee ones waaahhhh”, has it ever occurred to them that you don’t need to have terrifying mannequins or blood and guts splattered everywhere to make a festive scarezone? Orlando faces the same issue, so they have festive sets and let the scare actors do the rest. If there’s a few props that may be a bit much for daytime guests, just cover it up. Orlando does it. Knott’s does it. Why can’t USH do that?

If their excuse for being lazy about the scarezones is that “it’s too scawy for da wee ones waaahhhh”, has it ever occurred to them that you don’t need to have terrifying mannequins or blood and guts splattered everywhere to make a festive scarezone? Orlando faces the same issue, so they have festive sets and let the scare actors do the rest. If there’s a few props that may be a bit much for daytime guests, just cover it up. Orlando does it. Knott’s does it. Why can’t USH do that?

USH is too lazy to think. They'd rather take two steps back than one forward when it comes to this sort of stuff. I'll back up Uni when it comes to certain stuff, but I agree this type of thing makes it hard to put up with

As I understand it, Knott's also has been taking steps backwards in terms of intense haunt decor being up during the daytime hours. Although Knott's definitely focuses on the family/kid demographic during the day, so it makes sense there.

I'm not saying I like it... I actually loved being able to look at the Haunt decor during the day and take pics. I'm personally super disappointed I miss out on that experience now. But I can understand why they'd go the rolling cart way. While I love horror now, it terrified me as a child. I probably would've been a bit traumatized by some of those sights during the day as a kid. To this day, the stomach scene in Aliens still is pretty intense for me because I saw it when I was perhaps a bit too young to fully handle it.

And I think just covering it up invites day guests to sneak endless peaks, perhaps causing unintended damage.

Reactions: marip123
It's kinda sad really. I understand both sides of the argument (I will never forget what seemed to be a sea of complaints from parents and even adults without kids about when in 2014, a week before the event started, HHN Facebook was showing pics of scare zone decorations, one of which being the Dark Christmas Santa in a sleigh with a slit throat prop). I honestly thought the wheel-in sets were because of the the construction. It's depressing enough that Baker and French streets, along with the Lower Lot, have lost their capability to be scare zones, and with the tunnel zone not being able to have decorations, adding it up with the upper lot seeming to face a similar fate, having only the backlot scare zone have decorations now really seems to being going the Knotts route, in treating one of it's most iconic annual events as a hush-hush event that we shield from regular park guests. Makes you wonder how long before it even comes down to preventing any sight of the facades from being shown soon, making HHN updates feel less exciting in the summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rideguy70
i'm gonna make a HUGE guess, what if we ain't getting a classic monster maze but a vs maze like previous years [ avp and freddy vs jason ] how about we get a frankenstein vs the wolfman maze?

i'm gonna make a HUGE guess, what if we ain't getting a classic monster maze but a vs maze like previous years [ avp and freddy vs jason ] how about we get a frankenstein vs the wolfman maze?

I would assume if it'd be a CM house, it wouldn't be limited to just two of the catalog.

As a thought, if Orlando has Hook back on (a HHN Potter show), what would be the chances that Hollywood will also be getting it, but under different ways for HHN? Just curious to know what people over here would think of a Potter show during HHN.

I have been thinking about something for a while. But if IT is coming to the Event this year where would it go? Would they actually do the Neilbolt Facade considering the scale and size? Something I have been thinking about.

Reactions: KreepyKarpy