The Future of E.T. Adventure | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of E.T. Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just imagine this on The Simpsons Ride..

Ahhhhh.... Thanks for that link, it's been a few years since I've watched that. I remember riding this when I was young on family vacations. It was my favorite part of the trip. One evening at Universal after a storm went through this was a walk on and we rode 3-4 times in a row. Still remember the smell of the rain in the warm humid air that night walking up the ramp to the preshow, "the future is what you make it!" Such nostalgia....

Ahhhhh.... Thanks for that link, it's been a few years since I've watched that. I remember riding this when I was young on family vacations. It was my favorite part of the trip. One evening at Universal after a storm went through this was a walk on and we rode 3-4 times in a row. Still remember the smell of the rain in the warm humid air that night walking up the ramp to the preshow, "the future is what you make it!" Such nostalgia....

Maybe we should take this to a separate BTTF thread (mods feel free to move this conversation) but man, this was the first ride I ever rode on my first day ever in Universal. For the first time in my life, I came off something completely blown away, so much so that I immediately got back in line to ride it again. And I had such high expectations as well, because like many I am a huge fan of the movies. I literally drove all the way to Florida just to ride BTTF. Skipped Disney completely. Just me and my brother drove all the way for one ride. The fact that it lived up to my high expectations, along with also being blown away by Earthquake and King Kong.....that is when I first fell in love with Universal.

Maybe we should take this to a separate BTTF thread (mods feel free to move this conversation) but man, this was the first ride I ever rode on my first day ever in Universal. For the first time in my life, I came off something completely blown away, so much so that I immediately got back in line to ride it again. And I had such high expectations as well, because like many I am a huge fan of the movies. I literally drove all the way to Florida just to ride BTTF. Skipped Disney completely. Just me and my brother drove all the way for one ride. The fact that it lived up to my high expectations, along with also being blown away by Earthquake and King Kong.....that is when I first fell in love with Universal.

These rides also did it for me. They were internal to my USF enjoyment as a child and as a teenager. BTTF was always my favourite and I still wish it had remained, despite my understanding for it being replaced. Jaws terrified me but I loved it all the same. Sometimes though, I think nostalgia is best kept as nostalgia. I would have hated for these rides to degrade to the point when they were just terribly outdated and not properly maintained.

I never got to experience Back to the Future... I'm sure I would have enjoyed it.
BTTF did for simulators what Spiderman did for dark rides....At the time, BTTF was one of the only screen rides besides T2...I remember getting a real sense of danger from it when I was a kid...

But it started to get rough and outdated...

Reactions: Paulio
Well this is a bit random but from a mislabeled YouTube home video, I bring you grainy but definitely visible footage of the oft-talked about but rarely seen spaceship ride vehicles:

(the video is marked to bring you to the exact moment the vehicle appears onscreen)

Here's a framegrab or two:
upload_2018-1-22_3-19-20.png

upload_2018-1-22_3-19-55.png

The video is chock-full of USF retro goodies, including Nickelodeon Studios!

ET originally had Spaceship ride vehicles? My whole life I never knew this. :saywhat:

What I’m confused about is that the video shows that, yet when they ride, they’re in the bikes. Was the Spaceship a wheelchair accessible vehicle? A bonus vehicle?

Reactions: tankart150
ET originally had Spaceship ride vehicles? My whole life I never knew this. :saywhat:

What I’m confused about is that the video shows that, yet when they ride, they’re in the bikes. Was the Spaceship a wheelchair accessible vehicle? A bonus vehicle?

It was the wheelchair vehicle.

Well this is a bit random but from a mislabeled YouTube home video, I bring you grainy but definitely visible footage of the oft-talked about but rarely seen spaceship ride vehicles:

(the video is marked to bring you to the exact moment the vehicle appears onscreen)

Here's a framegrab or two:
View attachment 5968

View attachment 5969

The video is chock-full of USF retro goodies, including Nickelodeon Studios!

Great find! I can't wait to check out the entire video and get a strong dose of USF nostalgia.

My first visit in 1990 we rode in the spaceship because my dad was in a wheelchair. The old preshow video even said "you can choose a bike or a spaceship." Now he just says you'll be making your journey on these bikes, "but don't worry, you won't have to pedal." Always gets a chuckle out of me.

They added ADA seating to some of the bikes and the bench to back rows, then got rid of the spaceships forever. I do not miss them as now the ride experience can be the same for everyone.