Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So with this move of CITH from Illumination to WAG I would think the look of Seuss Landing would remain steeped in the books then. I can't see them doing a Grinch attraction based on the new film and keeping everything else the same. I also can't see them redoing the CITH based on WAG's new film and then have to pay out more fees to Warners.

So with this move of CITH from Illumination to WAG I would think the look of Seuss Landing would remain steeped in the books then. I can't see them doing a Grinch attraction based on the new film and keeping everything else the same. I also can't see them redoing the CITH based on WAG's new film and then have to pay out more fees to Warners.

If you go back to like before the 2000s, quite a few films were co-produced by multiple studios. That seems to be coming back recently with multiple studios investing or working on certain films and letting one handle most the distribution for something behind the screen...i.e. Universal gave up Kong Skull Island for some financial cut of the Monsterverse. It is quite possible Universal nudged DSE to go with Warner Bros due to the relationships Universal has cultivated within the organization to later being able to make deals that benefit both of them immensely.

Reactions: tankart150

Honestly, there aren't enough Dr. Seuss movies to justify remaking the entire land at IOA due to how expensive it is and would have ruined the guests' experience. Not that it matters anyway, but I don't really see Dr. Seuss Land being reconstructed to match that of the movies. Of course, it would be easier for Universal to build Dr. Seuss Land to match that of the movies they distributed and don't have to share money with anyone, but live actions are harder to sell than animated ones. They might keep the book version the way it is.

Eh... maybe PotC 1 vs. HM.

For the most part, the PotC franchise has been pretty mediocre. Especially On Stranger Tides and Dead Men Tell No Tales.
I meant the first one. It was successful so they adapted another ride and it failed miserably. Same as the Grinch and Cat and the Hat films. Any sequels to Pirates are an unfortunate side effect of the first’s success and are not part of this analogy.

Honestly, there aren't enough Dr. Seuss movies to justify remaking the entire land at IOA due to how expensive it is and would have ruined the guests' experience. Not that it matters anyway, but I don't really see Dr. Seuss Land being reconstructed to match that of the movies. Of course, it would be easier for Universal to build Dr. Seuss Land to match that of the movies they distributed and don't have to share money with anyone, but live actions are harder to sell than animated ones. They might keep the book version the way it is.
I agree. Much like Marvel Super Hero Island, to remain timeless, the land should be based on the books themselves. Movies come and go, but the source material is forever.

I agree. Much like Marvel Super Hero Island, to remain timeless, the land should be based on the books themselves. Movies come and go, but the source material is forever.

I agree, but when a business sees that a new movie is making near a billion in revenue, you step on the gas for synergy while it lasts.

If anything, give CITH a major refresh. Update the animatronics a bit, increase the kinetics of the crazier scenes (they should be overwhelming), and maybe re-record the audio to be from the film without changing the look.

I'd say bring back the overly intense spinning, lol. I always felt like the ride lost a lot of its soul when it was toned down back in 2010.

Seuss Cinamatic Universe confirmed?
I think WAG will try.

But WAG killed the Lego movie concept in just 3 movies with Ninjago losing money, so I'm not sure it's a great thing for Seuss Estate if they try to make 3-4 Seuss movies in rapid succession as they did with Lego movies.

Reactions: tankart150