Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 118 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Okay, but Disney Hollywood Studios. It’s technically a change, requires very little effort on everyone’s part, and there’s precedent for it (California Adventure did it less than a decade ago).

Reactions: tankart150
Disney’s Hollywood Adventure

• Disney because obvious
  • Hollywood because the front of the park is the Hollywood that never was and always will be, while the back of the park is a deep immersion into the environments Hollywood movies create
  • Adventure because it’s no longer a film studio and because the term fits with everything the park contains
It’s not that hard Disney.

Disney’s Hollywood Adventure

• Disney because obvious
  • Hollywood because the front of the park is the Hollywood that never was and always will be, while the back of the park is a deep immersion into the environments Hollywood movies create
  • Adventure because it’s no longer a film studio and because the term fits with everything the park contains
It’s not that hard Disney.

I'm fine with this. The only downside is that it sounds like Islands of Adventure in a way, but MGM Studios and Hollywood Studios sounded like Universal Studios, so I don't really see the problem.

My though process on their process:

Had to remove MGM when their partnership ended to keep branding on point. Replaced with Hollywood because it was in theme at the time.

Now they're feeling that people are confusing Universal Studios with Hollywood Studios. (Plus, the park's theming has moved away from studios, and even Hollywood-style production altogether.)

Can't call it Hollywood Adventure for fear that guests will confuse it with Universal's Islands of Adventure, (or even California Adventure.)

Someone at the top is perhaps obsessed with using a term they can trademark, which is where we get ideas like Storyverse, Cinemagic, Cinemagine, or whatever else they can make by jamming two other similar synonyms together.

And here we are. And it's terrible.

As much as I love Disney's Hollywood Adventure, it'll never happen. It sounds too similar to Islands of Adventure.

We’ve all heard the stories about the people who go to the Magic Kingdom and ask where Harry Potter is. There are people like that in the world. Not as many as we think, but there are some. Honest mistakes happen.

For the sake of easy advertising, Disney wants to avoid situations that make it easy to be confused. This is one of them.

I still don't think DHS is that bad, but that's just me.

If they absolutely HAD to come up with a new name that didn't include the words "Studios" or "Adventure", I would probably like something like "Disney Hollywood Escape". I don't know. I like Hollywood Adventure as it describes the park really well, but it's not going to happen. As I said though, I also have no issue with the status-quo.

Reactions: Joel
I still don't think DHS is that bad, but that's just me.

If they absolutely HAD to come up with a new name that didn't include the words "Studios" or "Adventure", I would probably like something like "Disney Hollywood Escape". I don't know. I like Hollywood Adventure as it describes the park really well, but it's not going to happen. As I said though, I also have no issue with the status-quo.

OH NO NOT ESCAPE, WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME!!!

Spit balling name ideas, it should focus on the fact the park brings movies to life; you walk into the movies. Something needs to be based on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to say it but maybe go with another "Kingdom" for it.

Magic Kingdom

Animal Kingdom

Movie Kingdom

Epcot... Kingdom?
Or maybe Hollywood Kingdom is a better fit. OMG I’m actually talking myself into this.

I hate to say it but maybe go with another "Kingdom" for it.

Magic Kingdom

Animal Kingdom

Movie Kingdom

Epcot... Kingdom?
Or maybe Hollywood Kingdom is a better fit. OMG I’m actually talking myself into this.
Well supposedly Cinemagique Kingdom was a leading candidate at one point. Seems like it morphed into this Cinemagine name.

I believe someone on this thread offered up Disney’s Hollywoodland a few months ago and that’s been my favorite (non) candidate ever since.

Also, I understand the argument that they don’t want the new name to confuse guests, but can we all agree that they’re inherently f’ed by renaming the park in the first place. That stuff confuses the hell out of guests. At this point just choose the best name.

Reactions: Yabbadabba Doh
...but can we all agree that they’re inherently f’ed by renaming the park in the first place. That stuff confuses the hell out of guests. At this point just choose the best name.
This is why I am with just sticking with DHS. Sure it's not an actual Studio park anymore, but what the park is about now is pretty much a mixture of all of Disney's owned STUDIO divisions combined.

We're talking Muppets, LucasFilm, Pixar, Walt Disney Animation, Walt Disney Studios, Marvel Studios, etc. The park is all encompassing of Disney's Studio divisions. The way I see it, "Studios" has just taken on a different meaning now.