Purge 4: The First Purge | Inside Universal Forums

Purge 4: The First Purge

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 14, 2014
Seoul, Korea
5rndi53sy8d01.jpg

Behind every tradition lies a revolution. Next Independence Day, witness the rise of our country’s 12 hours of annual lawlessness. Welcome to the movement that began as a simple experiment: The First Purge. To push the crime rate below one percent for the rest of the year, the New Founding Fathers of America (NFFA) test a sociological theory that vents aggression for one night in one isolated community. But when the violence of oppressors meets the rage of the marginalized, the contagion will explode from the trial-city borders and spread across the nation.

Last edited:
I like it. It really gets to the point. There are people who will be offended, and I say syhey can cram it, because they're the people the movie is talking about.

I wouldn’t go that far, I think people who are offended by the poster probably need to re-evaluate things and that’s people on both sides of the fence.

I can’t see these types of films as anything beyond a parody, not to be taken likely.

[QUOTE="scott_walker, post: 632478, member: 6788]I can’t see these types of films as anything beyond a parody, not to be taken likely.[/QUOTE]

I think at the very least that it's an unintended allegory, like LOTR to WWII. According to Tolkien, there was no intended parallel, but it's near impossible to deny that the parallel exists.

EDIT: How did I screw up the quote? I'm a dummy.

Last edited:
I'm just shocked they made a fourth one in the first place. The third was one of the worst movies I've ever seen and is known as one of Blumhouse's worst. And with them going even more political I can see it bombing pretty hard.

I don't think going political will hurt them...heck the last film was hillary vs Trump essentially and it did quite well and was well received.

Based on the story, this is going back to be more like the second film than the third film.

Simply this series is a fun, b-level, over the top film that essentially points out the trouble with democracy, rebellion, capitalism, etc. Its not supposed to be taken too seriously.

I'm just shocked they made a fourth one in the first place. The third was one of the worst movies I've ever seen and is known as one of Blumhouse's worst. And with them going even more political I can see it bombing pretty hard.

These movies cost about eight dollars to make. The third one, while admittedly uneven, grossed 80 million domestic on a ten million dollar budget. And this one answers the question asked since the first one, which is "how did it start?" They're not going anywhere, ESPECIALLY in this climate.

Reactions: tankart150
I wouldn't expect such a large company like Universal to create a film that has the possibility of becoming so divisive and hostile to nearly 50% of the countries population. Instead of Universal producing lousy films, they should spend their time in creating quality content to put them within their parks.

Depending on how they go with this film, I wouldn't be surprised in seeing people boycott the parks and Comcast.

I wouldn't expect such a large company like Universal to create a film that has the possibility of becoming so divisive and hostile to nearly 50% of the countries population. Instead of Universal producing lousy films, they should spend their time in creating quality content to put them within their parks.

Or realize not every film is made to cater to you and move on. You don't see Atheists and Satanist complaining about studios producing and distributing God Not Dead or the Passion of the Christ films. Inglorious Basterds is offensive to neo-nazi's god forbidden Universal help produce that film.

Or realize not every film is made to cater to you and move on. You don't see Atheists and Satanist complaining about studios producing and distributing God Not Dead films.

I do realize that. Thank God I live in a capitalistic society in which I can decide to not spend money at a company who is literally classifying 63 million Americans as savages because they didn't vote blue.

Or realize not every film is made to cater to you and move on. You don't see Atheists and Satanist complaining about studios producing and distributing God Not Dead or the Passion of the Christ films. Inglorious Basterds is offensive to neo-nazi's god forbidden Universal help produce that film.

As both an atheist and a Satanist, thank you for saying this.