Next Ride To Go | Inside Universal Forums

Next Ride To Go

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

knokout1

V.I.P. Member
Jun 25, 2009
Tampa
What do you think will be the next ride to be removed at USF? My opinion is Jaws but I cant think of anything that could replace it because of the water and other than that there is E.T. but I want to hear others opinions. Any ideas or thoughts?

What do you think will be the next ride to be removed at USF? My opinion is Jaws but I cant think of anything that could replace it because of the water and other than that there is E.T. but I want to hear others opinions. Any ideas or thoughts?

The odds of you seeing ET go are very slim. Speilberg had a hissy when they removed it from USH for Mummy, and now it's closed at USJ as well. USF is the only remaining ET Adventure. That's not to say it can't close, but it's much more unlikely.

I agree with Jaws being the next to go. Even with the water, it seems that they can drain it pretty easily and then do what they want with the hole. The Orlando theme parks started by being built on swampland and chanced to suitable land. A man made lake should be a piece of cake to turn it into anything they want.

I hope Jaws isn't next. It's my favorite ride at Universal.

I think it's going to be Disaster. The ride sucks.. it sucked as Earthquake. The pre-show is unbearable. Only thing is the building must be so small because the attraction isn't really huge or anything.. atleast it doesn't feel like it.

Twister is #2 on my list.. and I wouldn't be surprised at all though if Jimmy Neutron is next to go.

I can't see them taking away Jaws, because everybody knows what it is, whether you're 8 or 76.

I would probably say Jimmy Neutron, because they will probably change it for a new show that the kids love. (Remember when it was The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera?)

I think it's going to be Disaster. The ride sucks.. it sucked as Earthquake. The pre-show is unbearable. Only thing is the building must be so small because the attraction isn't really huge or anything.. atleast it doesn't feel like it.

Twister is #2 on my list.. and I wouldn't be surprised at all though if Jimmy Neutron is next to go.

Jaws is not ideal unless the plan is to build a new facility from the ground up, and if that's the route, there's very big pieces of unused land sitting behind The Simpsons Ride and MIB: Alien Attack that they might as well develop.

As for Disaster, at one point before the overlay the plan was to replace the ride with someone new, but given it's sort of a V-shaped building, it's very difficult to apply something new to that plot of land.

I can't see them taking away Jaws, because everybody knows what it is, whether you're 8 or 76.

I would probably say Jimmy Neutron, because they will probably change it for a new show that the kids love. (Remember when it was The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera?)

Yeah I will never forget that ride I always did like it more than Jimmy Neutron in fact the only part of Jimmy Neutron I like is the chicken dance.

My opinion is Jaws but I cant think of anything that could replace it because of the water

That never stopped Disney from filling in the 20,000 lagoon and replacing it with Pooh, did it? However, despite its popularity Jaws seems likely, though not #1. From what I hear, they closed down King Kong even though it was popular because it had so many technical difficulties... right? I feel that the ideal solution would be to close it down, give it a nice, lengthy refurbishment that lasts at least as long as Space Mountain's current one is and replaces/updates the ride system, gets at the very least a decent chunk of the bugs out, and voila! You have Universal's answer to the refurbs of POTC and HM.

I'd keep Twister, if it weren't for the fact that the movie has been long forgotten... no matter what you think about DHS, you have to admit that at least they've been trying to keep a good mix of classic and current going, while Universal has classic and quickly obscuring (in a few years, Mummy will be like a much better Twister). Jimmy Neutron is another example of this, seeing as the show doesn't even PLAY on the channel anymore-perhaps a SpongeBob attraction can replace it, or bring Hanna-Barbera back- and we'll find out within the next few years if Shrek stays relevant. The only reason why I'd nominate T2 as a candidate is because of the fact that there's been two movies since then, but the show itself doesn't have any of the problems I've heard people saying it has-it still looks great to me, and is definitely my favorite 3D show (though I guess an update of the queue TVs and that intro video would be nice) in Orlando, in close competition with PhillarMagic.

That never stopped Disney from filling in the 20,000 lagoon and replacing it with Pooh, did it?

Actually the truth of the matter is that is not a very accurate statement. First off of course, just to clarify (I don't think you mean this, but just so no one else gets confused) The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (ride) replaced Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and has nothing to do with the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea site. Pooh's Playful Spot (playground) Really replaced the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea queue area more than it did the lagoon. Part of it, sure, but the bulk of that spot was queue. The lagoon was filled in, and currently sits as a grassy field backstage. One wall of the show building remains as a sort of fence. Kind of odd.

I've heard rumors of Jaws since it recently went seasonal.

I'm going to go ahead and say Fear Factor Live is going to be the next attraction to go, and I think we'd all agree there.

As for the rides, I have a feeling that it will be either, unfortunately, Jaws or E.T.

Twister, Disaster, and Men in Black encountered the LONGEST waits at the park when I went last week. All day, Disaster was 30+ minute wait; Men in Black was 45 most of the day, and Twister was always 15+ minutes (well, 15 minutes is too long for me to wait for Twister...it just sucks). Also I heard that Twister went seasonal, but due to popular demand and complaints, it was reopened just weeks later, leaving it to be a full-year attraction. Unfortunately, it's not going anywhere.

Twister, T2, Jimmy Neutron, and Jaws are highly irrelevant in today's society. Most little kids don't know about these films, and most people don't even know that Twister is a movie, and Jimmy Neutron is old news now.

Replace Twister with some sort of Hurricane simulator. Replace T2 with a Terminator: Salvation attraction of sorts. Replace Jimmy Neutron with Spongebob or Avatar. I hope they don't replace Jaws, but if they did, they could create a Creature From the Black Lagoon ride similar to Jaws, with the new show at USH and the new movie coming out next year.

There's my two cents. Like it or not, take it c um (it blocks out the world put together) grano salis.

Last edited:
I've heard rumors of Jaws since it recently went seasonal.

I'm going to go ahead and say Fear Factor Live is going to be the next attraction to go, and I think we'd all agree there.

As for the rides, I have a feeling that it will be either, unfortunately, Jaws or E.T.

Twister, Disaster, and Men in Black encountered the LONGEST waits at the park when I went last week. All day, Disaster was 30+ minute wait; Men in Black was 45 most of the day, and Twister was always 15+ minutes (well, 15 minutes is too long for me to wait for Twister...it just sucks). Also I heard that Twister went seasonal, but due to popular demand and complaints, it was reopened just weeks later, leaving it to be a full-year attraction. Unfortunately, it's not going anywhere.

Twister, T2, Jimmy Neutron, and Jaws are highly irrelevant in today's society. Most little kids don't know about these films, and most people don't even know that Twister is a movie, and Jimmy Neutron is old news now.

Replace Twister with some sort of Hurricane simulator. Replace T2 with a Terminator: Salvation attraction of sorts. Replace Jimmy Neutron with Spongebob or Avatar. I hope they don't replace Jaws, but if they did, they could create a Creature From the Black Lagoon ride similar to Jaws, with the new show at USH and the new movie coming out next year.

There's my two cents. Like it or not, take it c um (it blocks out the world put together) grano salis.

No offense, but this entire topic is kind of silly and overly negative. Why assume something *has to close* anyway? I'm just sort of surprised at how many people are jumping in to assume as such :shrug:

I dont think they will get rid of Jaws as it has a very high capacity.

and would be like getting rid of POTC at MK.

but yeah, Fear Factor is going soon. I don't know what they could possibly put there. I hope it's not that Creature from the Black Lagoon musical. The Studios lacks a really good stunt show. I'd love to see an awesome stunt show whether it be something like.. the movie Wanted... could lead to some cool hand to hand combat and explosions or a Lights, Motors, Action type show that would be Fast and the Furious... but that arena is nowhere near big enough.

and would be like getting rid of POTC at MK.

but yeah, Fear Factor is going soon. I don't know what they could possibly put there. I hope it's not that Creature from the Black Lagoon musical. The Studios lacks a really good stunt show. I'd love to see an awesome stunt show whether it be something like.. the movie Wanted... could lead to some cool hand to hand combat and explosions or a Lights, Motors, Action type show that would be Fast and the Furious... but that arena is nowhere near big enough.

Kong was equally high capacity and they got rid of that..... I don't think Jaws is going anywhere though. For what it's worth, T2:3D almost did a while back, but plans changed and the intended replacement was cut from the FL books.

While I'm currently on the "hope we don't get Creature" bandwagon, I'll reserve final judgement until I see the show on Monday. I've heard negative things, but perhaps they're over-exaggerated? Perhaps not. I'll keep you posted though.

People STILL ask about the Wild, Wild, Wild West show. Perhaps they should consider that?

I hope that something Hellboy comes in to the parks. I know that they are showing a lot of clips of the second one in the Horror Make Up Show lobby but I really want to see more of him out in the parks.

Last edited:
I hope that something Hellboy comes in to the parks. I know that they are showing a lot of clips of the second one in the HMUS lobby but I really want to see more of him out in the parks.

See - this is why we shouldn't be lazy and just type out the proper names of the attractions. I stared at "HMUS" for a good three minutes before realizing you were talking about Universal's Horror Make-up Show. :bang:

Safe bet is that show is the only place you may see some utilization of Hellboy - if even there.

See - this is why we shouldn't be lazy and just type out the proper names of the attractions. I stared at "HMUS" for a good three minutes before realizing you were talking about Universal's Horror Make-up Show. :bang:

Safe bet is that show is the only place you may see some utilization of Hellboy - if even there.

We had a sticky thread of a bunch of abbreviations. I think it had to be deleted though.

We had a sticky thread of a bunch of abbreviations. I think it had to be deleted though.

Hahahaha, I did that one. It was a bit ridiculous, but most abbreviations are simple when you think about them for a second and the context.

Jaws isn't going anywhere. I don't know why people insist that it is. What the hell are they going to put in Amity?

It's Neutron, the contract is expiring next year, and it's very outdated. Can't think of any cool kids shows to replace it though.

I really wish they'd put a DBZ ride in Neutron's place, hehehe.

Hahahaha, I did that one. It was a bit ridiculous, but most abbreviations are simple when you think about them for a second and the context.

I really wish they'd put a DBZ ride in Neutron's place, hehehe.

You kids and your friggin' abbreviations :p

Abbreviations honestly have always struck me as lazy, but when people start getting really absurd with long strings of random letters, or make *up* letters (Like the tons of fanboys who insist the official abbreviation for Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show is LMX. It's not.) Honesssstly, can't we just type out words? Please? Pretty please? Just to make me happy? :rolleyes:

(BTW - I think Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast is a cute ride.. though I wouldn't be devastated if it was replaced. I can always watch that one on my iPhone too hehe)

Last edited: