Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So not only does DHS only have four rides currently, but one of them is running on lower capacity, without fastpass, and without an inside queue? Woof.

So not only does DHS only have four rides currently, but one of them is running on lower capacity, without fastpass, and without an inside queue? Woof.
In late 2019, this park should actually be decent again. But until then, it will continue to limp along, practically committing grand theft every time they sell a one day ticket to this park.

In late 2019, this park should actually be decent again. But until then, it will continue to limp along, practically committing grand theft every time they sell a one day ticket to this park.
In late 2019, DHS has a chance of being one of my favorite parks in Orlando. I adore Tower of Terror and enjoy the other three current attractions as well. Galaxy's Edge is shaping up to be amazing and Runaway Railway seems great too.

Right now, though? :sick:

Reactions: Mad Dog
In late 2019, DHS has a chance of being one of my favorite parks in Orlando. I adore Tower of Terror and enjoy the other three current attractions as well. Galaxy's Edge is shaping up to be amazing and Runaway Railway seems great too.

Right now, though? :sick:
Heck, DHS was my favorite Disney park up until 2014. And then, the abyss.....Come late 2019 it will be a good park again. But the downside is that it will be too crowded with still too few rides to be worth going to until about 2022, IF Star Wars crowds let up by then. :)

Heck, DHS was my favorite Disney park up until 2014. And then, the abyss.....Come late 2019 it will be a good park again. But the downside is that it will be too crowded with still too few rides to be worth going to until about 2022, IF Star Wars crowds let up by then. :)

Yeah I always enjoyed the vibe of DHS and loved GMR more than I probably should have. Toy Story is a nothing burger for me, but I could see why the park needed something beyond HISTK Play area. Star Wars and the Mickey ride should be quite enjoyable though.

I was at DHS the other night, and the current queue situation is incredibly awkward. The standby/FP split at the side entrance is so wide open, and you basically only have an S-turn before picking up your glasses and heading up the stairs.

On the subject of costs, there's an accounting practice called "Bathtubbing" that charges costs in future years to current years to make the future years look better.

Any chance that TSL is absorbing some costs of SWL in order to make SWL's opening year's earnings look better? Not saying that that would account for all of the price tag of the land, but sharing some costs (especially in demolition) on a year that might be already considered "down" for parks and resorts seems logical.

New art just got posted:

Reimagining the Future of Disney’s Hollywood Studios: First look at Toy Story Land’s Alien Swirling Saucers | Disney Parks Blog

Also note the comment about the name change. Hopefully it stays that way.
Yes, that's the real headline here!

In response to questions we have been receiving, we also want to let fans know that the Disney’s Hollywood Studios name will remain the same for the foreseeable future since we are immersing our guests in a place where imagined worlds of Hollywood unfold around them from movies and music, to television and theater.

That's a bit of a relief. It's one thing to be stupid, but it's another to be arrogant enough to think anyone out there appreciated any of those "leaked" names.

And then the mushrooms kicked in...

vnbgcfdre.jpg