Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

I bet you all, when they start announcing all the mazes, and the final one gets announced at the end of August, get ready to see more than a handful of complaints from the GA about why we aren't getting anything from The Conjuring. Based off of last year's moanings when HoB was announced last, I guarantee ya you'll see it quite a bit.

I feel like after this year the main extremely popular horror IP they have left to tackle is Conjuring. I’m betting we’ll see some form of it in 2019, mostly due to the fact that Crooked Man & Conjuring 3 come out that year

I feel like after this year the main extremely popular horror IP they have left to tackle is Conjuring. I’m betting we’ll see some form of it in 2019, mostly due to the fact that Crooked Man & Conjuring 3 come out that year
I wonder where they’re going to go from there as there many big horror IPs left. You have that, then Scream and Hellraiser.

I wonder where they’re going to go from there as there many big horror IPs left. You have that, then Scream and Hellraiser.

They also have yet to do Evil Dead 1&2, a few relevant Video Game IP’s(Bioshock, Dead Space, and Resident Evil specifically) and IIRC we have never had Amityville or Paranormal Activity(Amityville could fit under the Conjuring category though)

the only other few i can think of is poltergeist, the blob, and the fly [ 1986 version ]

I mean, if we're just going by "relatively well known" properties, there's still quite a few cool horror IPs they haven't done at all, or at least for a very long time: Tales from the Crypt, Hannibal/SoTL, 28 Days Later, other Stephen King stuff like Castle Rock, The Descent, Fright Night, TWIN PEAKS, Re-Animator, Eraserhead, Suspiria, horror video games like Bloodborne, the Last of Us, Dead Space, the new Resident Evil... I mean, hell, we just spent two pages posting horror comedies they haven't done yet. Where's our Dead-Alive or Killer Klownz maze?

That's to say nothing of what new IPs are coming in the future. Stranger Things came out less than 2 years ago. Insidious turned into one of the biggest horror franchises out there after 4 short years, ditto with the Purge. Who knows what the next big thing is gonna be?

Now, does that mean we should/will get all of these different mazes? Well...probably not. There are rights issues, issues of financial feasibility, issues of practicality, issues of whether or not the GA knows what these properties are... At some point or another, it makes sense to add some new, original themes, especially if they eventually up the house count to 8 or 9. But I don't really foresee a shortage in IPs. There's just too many out there and too many coming soon.

Edit: Almost forgot about Candyman, Phantasm...hell, we haven't had a proper Child's Play maze yet! Terror Trams, HoH reduxes, Scare Zones, but never a real maze.

Last edited:
I mean, if we're just going by "relatively well known" properties, there's still quite a few cool horror IPs they haven't done at all, or at least for a very long time: Tales from the Crypt, Hannibal/SoTL, 28 Days Later, the rest of Stephen King's ouevre, The Descent, Fright Night, TWIN PEAKS, Re-Animator, Eraserhead, Suspiria, horror video games like Bloodborne, the Last of Us, Dead Space, the new Resident Evil... I mean, hell, we just spent two pages posting horror comedies they haven't done yet. Where's our Dead-Alive or Killer Klownz maze? That's to say nothing of what new IPs are coming in the future. Stranger Things only came out less than 2 years ago. Insidious turned into one of the biggest horror franchises out there after 4 short years. Who knows what the next big thing is gonna be?

Now, does that mean we should/will get all of these different mazes? Well...probably not. There are rights issues, issues of financial feasibility, issues of practicality, issues of whether or not the GA knows what these properties are... At some point or another, it makes sense to add some new, original themes, especially if they eventually up the house count to 8 or 9. But I don't really foresee a shortage in IPs. There's just too many out there and too many coming soon.

I’m still amazed they haven’t done Silence of the Lambs or RE7. Both of them have some really amazing environments and good scare potential(and SoTL has “Goodbye Horses” so automatic HoTY). Dead Space would be a great maze too, but would be verryyyyy expensive. Also we’ve technically never gotten a full on Alien or Predator maze

I mean, I liked the first Outlast, but it ain't that well known outside of the video game circles. Unless it gets a massive boost in popularity or gets a big movie tie-in a la Five Nights at Freddys... probably very unlikely.

I’d say that, besides FnaF, the only other two video games I can think of at the moment that were pretty big recent cultural phenomenons were Resident Evil 7 and PT(Silent Hills), especially the latter. I think that if Silent Hills actually came into fruition we probably would’ve seen it as a maze

Edit: System Shock has a Bioshock/Dead Space influenced reboot in the works for later this year, I feel like if it’s a pretty big success we might get it next year

Double Edit: Tbh if they wanted to do a video game with the slashers Dead by Daylight would be perfect; gives new killers, Freddy, Leatherface, Micheal Myers, & Jigsaw a maze without giving them individual mazes

Last edited:
I wonder if they will have a scarezone on London Street? Globe is going under the knife soon to work on SLoP and they do need extended queue for TWD. That’s going to create a cluster

Even though I do admire original concept mazes in that they give lots of room for creativity with environments, creature designs, and more, I personally enjoy HHN being predominantly IP-based. Given that there are literally over a thousand haunted attractions in the entire US alone, and the vast majority are original concepts, I feel HHN gives a unique vibe, being able to project horror films, tv shows and other properties into live experiences that make horror fans giddy.

I mean... personally I don’t think Knotts is good at all so I’ll gladly take an IT Maze over Voodoo

Even though I do admire original concept mazes in that they give lots of room for creativity with environments, creature designs, and more, I personally enjoy HHN being predominantly IP-based. Given that there are literally over a thousand haunted attractions in the entire US alone, and the vast majority are original concepts, I feel HHN gives a unique vibe, being able to project horror films, tv shows and other properties into live experiences that make horror fans giddy.

Love seeing men of culture on these forums...