Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed) | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hollywood has the best Jurassic Park ride if you ask me. I prefer it over Florida's and Japan's.

Somehow, the shorter version of Hollywood's keeps the ride moving along. In the case of the River Adventure, bigger isn't always better. However, there are elements in Orlando which are very nice to have, such as the shadow raptors and the more immersive feel. Japan improved on the audio where the dinosaur vocals were in a realistic direction instead of being on the same speakers as the narrator. I have no clue what Japan's fascination with the Mummy score in their theme park and why they added it to the climb inside the building. That was awkward and took me out of the JP feeling.

I enjoy Hollywood's version, probably mostly for nostalgia. Sadly, its tough to go on it sometimes when you know the quality of the experience is so low.

Somehow, the shorter version of Hollywood's keeps the ride moving along. In the case of the River Adventure, bigger isn't always better. However, there are elements in Orlando which are very nice to have, such as the shadow raptors and the more immersive feel. Japan improved on the audio where the dinosaur vocals were in a realistic direction instead of being on the same speakers as the narrator. I have no clue what Japan's fascination with the Mummy score in their theme park and why they added it to the climb inside the building. That was awkward and took me out of the JP feeling.

I enjoy Hollywood's version, probably mostly for nostalgia. Sadly, its tough to go on it sometimes when you know the quality of the experience is so low.
What mummy theme

Pretty sure JP redo will involve JW and be the headliner for 2019.

...that is if JW 2 does well enough of course.

I just think it depends on how they market it, along with the critical response.

My excitement for the film is low, even if it's a few days before my birthday. But that I am hopeful that it's atleast good or mediocre.

Food for thought, if JW 2 bombs and they still go through with it, what are the odds of it staying to JP or just using the original JW as the backbone?

If JW2 bombs badly (it won’t and Uni is definitely not expecting that), then this will most likely be significantly reduced to cosmetics only. I don’t see it happening without the franchise still being successful.

Keep in mind that JW in 2015 was only modestly successful with critics and still struck like gangbusters. I personally think the concept is boring and that this will be yet another Lost World but I don’t see it bombing.

The jeep is one of the reasons I prefer Hollywood's versions. It makes more of an impression than the trembling crate...at least when it's working.

Hollywood has the best Jurassic Park ride if you ask me. I prefer it over Florida's and Japan's.

Unfortunately, the way the Jeep is constructed, while very extravagant, doesn't have as much of a lifespan. Doing that 24/7 for the past 22 years seems a bit excessive for that kind, and it's just unacceptable to see the audio go on and off. With that, and Universal's unwillingness to fix the issue makes me think it needs to have a good replacement.

Japan probably used the Mummy music since it's the only Universal park without any Mummy attraction at all, so I kinda think they use it to serve as a reminder that the Mummy is still alive at the Universal theme park.

I’ve been told that once Jurassic Park turns into Jurassic World they might be planning a Jurassic World expansion that might be either A gyrosphere ride with restaurant or just the ride it’s self. I’m hoping the park does go foward with it. What I don’t know for the moment is if will be taking over SS 22-25.