Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 106 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's smart. I don't think this is going to be bad, it'll be an upgrade from Dragons (depending on your point of view), but I don't think it's going to be anything groundbreaking.

That’s the danger with announcing something like this. The stakes are relatively low because it’s Potter, it’s going to be popular regardless however, the longer they wait, the higher the expectations but then again, the GP probably don’t care any where near as much as we do.
As long as it's anything that is also comfortable I'll be happy. Those motorbike coasters are not.

I’ve never ridden a motorbike coaster but I think they look awesome but like you, I’d rather be comfortable than something unique that looks cool for an advert only.

I don't know, the idea of an outdoor Forbidden Forest coaster that doesn't even have the distinctive Ford Angelia or Hagrid's motorbike theme doesn't particularly interest me at all. We'll see how it goes, though.

Just because you’re not riding the motorbike or Angelia, done any mean it can’t be involved. Having them ride beside you could add more to the experience.

That’s the danger with announcing something like this. The stakes are relatively low because it’s Potter, it’s going to be popular regardless however, the longer they wait, the higher the expectations but then again, the GP probably don’t care any where near as much as we do.

The GP doesn't care, and when you tell them "Harry Potter Roller Coaster" and maybe show them a scene or two, they won't.

The GP doesn't care, and when you tell them "Harry Potter Roller Coaster" and maybe show them a scene or two, they won't.
Heck, the GP doesn’t even know what a coaster is. If you said “Potter coaster”, they would probably think you’re talking about FJ and try to go to MK to ride it.

You’d be surprised how many people I know keep thinking Potter is at Disney world despite having Hogsmede in their backyard at Hollywood. The GP not only doesn’t care, but they’re totally ignorant.

Heck, the GP doesn’t even know what a coaster is. If you said “Potter coaster”, they would probably think you’re talking about FJ and try to go to MK to ride it.

You’d be surprised how many people I know keep thinking Potter is at Disney world despite having Hogsmede in their backyard at Hollywood. The GP not only doesn’t care, but they’re totally ignorant.

I wouldn't go that far, everybody knows what a coaster is.

I think the removal of DC is going to raise plenty of comparisons once this opens. Obviously it won't please everybody.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I wouldn't go that far, everybody knows what a coaster is.

I think the removal of DC is going to raise plenty of comparisons once this opens. Obviously it won't please everybody.
I know people that consider Indy a coaster because “it goes fast” and don’t consider USH’s Mummy a coaster and call it a “ride” because it doesn’t go fast enough. I know someone who called Drop of Doom at SFMM a coaster.

GP are more clueless than you think.

Reactions: Mike S
I know people that consider Indy a coaster because “it goes fast” and don’t consider USH’s Mummy a coaster and call it a “ride” because it doesn’t go fast enough. I know someone who called Drop of Doom at SFMM a coaster.

GP are more clueless than you think.

I don’t doubt you do but that’s people and not everyone who falls into the GP.

I think Ford Anglia, thestral carriage, and broom are the only realistic RV's. I just can't see Uni doing a bike/broom coaster seat. I think the Ford Anglia is the more logical choice. They can do top off if they want open air, or they can leave the top on the car if they want to limit your sight lines. A multi launch coaster fits that rather well. Can keep it low and use terrain and trees to increase the perception of speed. It also allows them to do multiple stops and launches for show scenes. Doing multiple allows them to create more zones and increase capacity if they want. I think if they did a 6 seat anglia on a motion base, there is a LOT they could do to make it a pretty bad assed ride.

Of course that discounts the whole inverted power coaster rumor that's been floating for a while.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I would assume they'd go for the model seen from last year's Wave Breaker from San Antonio if that was the case..

I've ridden this a few times. Meh.

Would be very underwhelming. The "double launch" is pretty mediocre. I would think Slinky Dog and wavebreaker would be similar.

I've ridden this a few times. Meh.

Would be very underwhelming. The "double launch" is pretty mediocre. I would think Slinky Dog and wavebreaker would be similar.

Keep in mind that I'm referring more to the ride type than what Wave Breaker actually is. I do agree, and that I don't think that it will be like Slinky nor like WB.

EDIT: From Bio,

Last edited:
I also want to point out something relating to the footers. They seem more similar to the Intamin style to be honest, as seen with Wave Breaker, Maverick, and Thirteen as an example. Perhaps that means nothing, but I am starting to think of them more.

The building next to the station is giving me a Thirteen kind of vibe with the drop track idea.

Upon saying that, Thirteen has circle footers and these look square.

4092738618_f376836433.jpg

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
The building next to the station is giving me a Thirteen kind of vibe with the drop track idea.

Upon saying that, Thirteen has circle footers and these look square.

4092738618_f376836433.jpg

A fair point, but upon looking, it seems that Intamin has had other family coasters with squares as opposed to Circle footer's. Perhaps they just look square right now, but that I don't entirely believe that we should be looking at the shape of the supports.

My thought is it’s similar to the original artwork for slinky dog coaster where it goes below grade with rockwork on the sides. Very curious indeed and I am really excited to see this project start to take shape now.

Status
Not open for further replies.