Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean, if we're just going by "relatively well known" properties, there's still quite a few cool horror IPs they haven't done at all, or at least for a very long time: Tales from the Crypt, Hannibal/SoTL, 28 Days Later, other Stephen King stuff like Castle Rock, The Descent, Fright Night, TWIN PEAKS, Re-Animator, Eraserhead, Suspiria, horror video games like Bloodborne, the Last of Us, Dead Space, the new Resident Evil... I mean, hell, we just spent two pages posting horror comedies they haven't done yet. Where's our Dead-Alive or Killer Klownz maze?

That's to say nothing of what new IPs are coming in the future. Stranger Things came out less than 2 years ago. Insidious turned into one of the biggest horror franchises out there after 4 short years, ditto with the Purge. Who knows what the next big thing is gonna be?

Now, does that mean we should/will get all of these different mazes? Well...probably not. There are rights issues, issues of financial feasibility, issues of practicality, issues of whether or not the GA knows what these properties are... At some point or another, it makes sense to add some new, original themes, especially if they eventually up the house count to 8 or 9. But I don't really foresee a shortage in IPs. There's just too many out there and too many coming soon.

Edit: Almost forgot about Candyman, Phantasm...hell, we haven't had a proper Child's Play maze yet! Terror Trams, HoH reduxes, Scare Zones, but never a real maze.

Theres also non horror properties they could try to tackle.As much as I didn't like This is the End, I always liked the idea of tackling horror adjacent properties. (I'm still holding out for a JP maze)

Reactions: rageofthegods
Plus it's a huge gamble. I understand that Murdy has to get approval from the higher-ups when coming up with a list of IPs to pursue, and they can shoot down any of them and tell him to pursue "popular" IPs. Doing an original house requires more money and resources than an original scare zone, and is similar to doing an IP that hasn't been released yet. It can result in most of the GA scratching their heads, not knowing what happened, thinking it was too weird or didn't make sense. I've definitely noticed this in the past years, with being around people coming out of Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, La Llorona, El Cucuy, or Clowns 3D, saying things like "What the Hell was that?" or "That was just lame man, like why couldn't they just do [insert horror movie that is highly requested, but hard to secure the rights to] as a maze bro".

Reactions: hhnlover
since it's going to be 7 months before hhn opens how about we have fun, try and write a fan maze treatment to one of the leaked houses, don't worry you can make it short.

Reactions: rageofthegods
since it's going to be 7 months before hhn opens how about we have fun, try and write a fan maze treatment to one of the leaked houses, don't worry you can make it short.
  • Walls
  • Doorways
  • Scareactors & Strobe Lights
  • Exit
  • Walls
  • Doorways
  • Exit
  • Walls
  • Doorways
  • Exit
  • Walls
  • Doorways
  • Exit
  • Walls
  • Doorways
  • Exit
  • Walls
  • Doorways
  • Exit
  • Walls
  • Doorways
  • Exit

Last edited:
  • Walls
  • Doorways
  • Exit
  • Walls
  • Doorways
  • Exit
  • Walls
  • Doorways
  • Exit
  • Walls
  • Doorways
  • Exit
  • Walls
  • Doorways
  • Exit
  • Walls
  • Doorways
  • Exit
  • Walls
  • Doorways
  • Exit

So clearly we're not gonna have to worry too much about pure strobe rooms!

Reactions: KreepyKarpy
So you all think that the facade, most likely for UCM is gonna be a movie theater? Because they could save some money on this maze by reusing any saved props from HoH, as well as theater stuff from last year.

Reactions: KreepyKarpy
Double Post I know but Murdy mentioned that there is something about "Terror in the Aisles" that has a hint that will reveal a Codename that ties into the property. Well "Aisles" doesn't Pennywise chase Ben down the Aisles in the "Egg Boy" Scene. Wild guess. The film is a documentary on multiple horror films.