Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interesting the difference in reaction from those on here comapred to on Facebook. People are excited for this area to open.
I've seen some of those people. Many say they are more excited for this than SWL, which is just utter lunacy and setting yourself up for disappointment.

The difference, Mike, is we actually know what's going on with the land and what the final product will be down to the ride experience pretty much (if you've been on Mater, you've been on Swirling Saucers). I'm just not about to get excited over this.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
It's a garbage land but the Disney public with young kids will eat it up and the crowds will be horrific in the land. And so will the standby lines for those low capacity attractions. This is one of the situations where IP rules.

I mean the lines for the attractions in the land will obviously be insanely long this summer due to the lack of rides in the park, but the important thing is GSAT.

....presumably excited to be in it. Most people know what to except when going to a new area during summer break.
It's not about the crowds on why they will be disappointed...

But that plays into what Nick said right above you. How are they going to react once they actually get into the land?

People seemed pretty happy in TSL in Paris and this is just an improved version of that. I think the GP will eat it up.

I've seen some of those people. Many say they are more excited for this than SWL, which is just utter lunacy and setting yourself up for disappointment.

The difference, Mike, is we actually know what's going on with the land and what the final product will be down to the ride experience pretty much (if you've been on Mater, you've been on Swirling Saucers). I'm just not about to get excited over this.

It's crazy from a theme park perspective but I know plenty of people who don't like Star Wars and will never watch a Star Wars film but love Toy Story.

It's crazy from a theme park perspective but I know plenty of people who don't like Star Wars and will never watch a Star Wars film but love Toy Story.
Ok, but if the same people were to be polled next year after going on the GE rides and TSL rides, I think it would be insane if someone says that TSL is better.

But then again, i'm not naive and I know there's that segment of fans out there that will not only eat this up, but probably hate on Star Wars as you said.

Ok, but if the same people were to be polled next year after going on the GE rides and TSL rides, I think it would be insane if someone says that TSL is better.

But then again, i'm not naive and I know there's that segment of fans out there that will not only eat this up, but probably hate on Star Wars as you said.

I think families with young kids will prefer TSL and even if the adults preferred SWL, they will probably count their kids opinion higher than their own. You're always going to get skewed results and no matter which way it goes, both TSL and SWL will be viewed as a success.

I think families with young kids will prefer TSL and even if the adults preferred SWL, they will probably count their kids opinion higher than their own. You're always going to get skewed results and no matter which way it goes, both TSL and SWL will be viewed as a success.
Yep.

But even for kids...if you're over about 7+, this land isn't really anything all that great. The land is taking aim at the real littler ones that come to Disney.

Here's actual speed B-Roll footage of the coaster... Could be worse.

Not as bad as it looked in that grainy cell phone video way back. Still only about 25mph tops i'd say, but Space Mountain only goes about 25mph (although the ride is slightly made more thrilling by being enclosed).

I'm not really down on Slinky or ASS... my posts today may make it seem like that but i'm not. The rides will be fine. I just think they made a bad decision with how to utilize the plot of land. ASS will be a fun little ride and Slinky will be moderately fun.

The issue is park capacity. If you don't have a FP+ for these rides, the lines will likely be hours this summer to get on.

Concept art of New TSMM Entrance:
TSL-toy-story-mania-entrance-concept-art.jpg

Concept art of New TSMM Entrance:
TSL-toy-story-mania-entrance-concept-art.jpg
It fits in quite well.

It does look a little cheap though. I know that's meant to be the aesthetic, so I won't hold that too much against it. It'll be interesting to see how this looks in the park on a bright sunny day (i.e. without mood lighting)