Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

Pretty sure it’s either Halloween or The Thing, Jamie Lee Curtis is one of the listed actors when you look up the movie and Thing is in the movie. I feel like there’s more layers than that though

Unrelated but I just finished rewatching AHS Asylum, have very high hopes for the maze. Hopefully it won’t play out like Roanoke in that it goes from the forest to the main setting(Farmhouse in Roanoke, Briarcliff in Asylum), as that would seem too repetitive. I also hope John doesn’t rely too much on Bloodyface or the Raspers for the scares; as Sister Jude, Sister Mary Eunice, Lana, Angel of Death, & Santa all could make for great scares.

Edit: I feel bad for the actors who are gonna have to listen to Dominique in the Lobby Room for their shift.. that would drive me “insane”(awful pun I’m sorry)

Unrelated but I just finished rewatching AHS Asylum, have very high hopes for the maze. Hopefully it won’t play out like Roanoke in that it goes from the forest to the main setting(Farmhouse in Roanoke, Briarcliff in Asylum), as that would seem too repetitive. I also hope John doesn’t rely too much on Bloodyface or the Raspers for the scares; as Sister Jude, Sister Mary Eunice, Lana, Angel of Death, & Santa all could make for great scares.

Edit: I feel bad for the actors who are gonna have to listen to Dominique in the Lobby Room for their shift.. that would drive me “insane”(awful pun I’m sorry)

I really wanna see the nun that cries black bile from the AHS: Asylum ads as a scareactor... and this song somewhere in the maze lol..

I really wanna see the nun that cries black bile from the AHS: Asylum ads as a scareactor... and this song somewhere in the maze lol..

I have no doubt they’ll do what Orlando did and play The Name Game in the queue

Edit: I’m a little sad Coven hasn’t come to the event, seeing a Stevie Nicks scare actor would be easy HoTY material

If I can make deductions based on my memory of season 2, that layout may most likely start with the forest with the Raspers, enter through the underground tunnels into Briarcliff Manor for the majority of the maze, and enter into Dr. Thredson's lair as the finale for the final confrontation. Basically similar to the Roanoke layout last year with the forest, the manor, and end at the Polk farm. Though we may get an alien final scare for Asylum, like how last year they did the wicker men from the fake commercials for the finale.

Double post, sorry;

One thing I wanted to add way back, but then the topic changed, was regarding how Stranger Things is gonna be laid out, especially in WW queue, was that I feel the show is gonna focus primarily on the horror aspect, meaning we shouldn't be too surprised to not see a lot of memorable moments obviously. I know that this year will attract hardcore Stranger Things fans, and I'm sure a large portion of them aren't horror fans/haunted attraction enthusiasts. I can already see a lot of this demographic complaining about how this maze may not tap into the nostalgia or wit of the show, yet that's the point. Given that the location is a bit of a tight squeeze, it would make sense that they focus on the "pure horror" portions of the show, which means it'll most likely be more monster oriented, less kids focused. Overall I'm still excited to see the Demogorgon in person (and possibly Mind Flayer, if this maze will include the second season, because I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to just do season 1), but remembering how I heard the complaints of AHS fans, when it was first brought in 2016, that the maze focused too much on the horror parts and not the drama/sassy/funny/heart-warming aspects of the show in the attraction, I wouldn't be surprised to hear similar complaints about ST this year from it's attending fan-base.

Last edited:
Double post, sorry;

One thing I wanted to add way back, but then the topic changed, was regarding how Stranger Things is gonna be laid out, especially in WW queue, was that I feel the show is gonna focus primarily on the horror aspect, meaning we shouldn't be too surprised to not see a lot of memorable moments obviously. I know that this year will attract hardcore Stranger Things fans, and I'm sure a large portion of them aren't horror fans/haunted attraction enthusiasts. I can already see a lot of this demographic complaining about how this maze may not tap into the nostalgia or wit of the show, yet that's the point. Given that the location is a bit of a tight squeeze, it would make sense that they focus on the "pure horror" portions of the show, which means it'll most likely be more monster oriented, less kids focused. Overall I'm still excited to see the Demogorgon in person (and possibly Mind Flayer, if this maze will include the second season, because I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to just do season 1), but remembering how I heard the complaints of AHS fans, when it was first brought in 2016, that the maze focused too much on the horror parts and not the drama/sassy/funny/heart-warming aspects of the show in the attraction, I wouldn't be surprised to hear similar complaints about ST this year from it's attending fan-base.
I think they could balance the scariness and funny scenes to make a very well rounded house

If I can make deductions based on my memory of season 2, that layout may most likely start with the forest with the Raspers, enter through the underground tunnels into Briarcliff Manor for the majority of the maze, and enter into Dr. Thredson's lair as the finale for the final confrontation. Basically similar to the Roanoke layout last year with the forest, the manor, and end at the Polk farm. Though we may get an alien final scare for Asylum, like how last year they did the wicker men from the fake commercials for the finale.

For Asylum I could totally see a finale similar to Halloween 2015 but with the Crying Nun from the ads... would be so cool. Hopefully they can make Asylum different enough from the Roanoke format, as even though that maze was good Asylum deserves better

for the thing haunted house i think the facade will be similar to the exorcist with the bennings thing dummy right next to the entrance

For Asylum I could totally see a finale similar to Halloween 2015 but with the Crying Nun from the ads... would be so cool. Hopefully they can make Asylum different enough from the Roanoke format, as even though that maze was good Asylum deserves better

Yeah I can see that. I'm not sure if they'd incorporate the mirror aspect, but I can definitely see a room filled with multiple mannequins and a few live actors. I do think they may try to repeat a similar format, but so as long as they don't do a lot of black walled rooms, I'm fine. The only time I think those are understandable is for outdoor scenes anyways.

Yeah I can see that. I'm not sure if they'd incorporate the mirror aspect, but I can definitely see a room filled with multiple mannequins and a few live actors. I do think they may try to repeat a similar format, but so as long as they don't do a lot of black walled rooms, I'm fine. The only time I think those are understandable is for outdoor scenes anyways.

Roanoke was a really good maze but the over use of the Pig Man & the unnecessary black walls prevented it from being a great maze. I’m curious about if it’ll be Bloodyface, the Crying Nun, and a Rasper on the facade cutouts or just Bloodyface

Briarcliff should be the facade. I really don't like the facade with just cutouts of the characters.

No one does but they’re definitely gonna do it again since they did it for Roanoke & MH, FS, & Hotel. What I didn’t get about last years maze was at the beginning there were hallways of black walls and then the curtain entrance that they used for the anthology maze, it just didn’t make sense.

So anyway I was looking at potential connections that "Terror in the Aisles" would have with properties and I came across one with the most obvious being Halloween. But I thought I would go over my connection.

Hints:
- "I should toss you a hint that will reveal the codename for a Maze at HHN2018 at USH."
- "It will give you a Sporting Chance."
- "Something about that film is the hint."

So John Beal did the Soundtrack for "Terror in the Aisles". "John" is a pretty common name. John Beal, John Murdy, and John Carpenter.

Not only that the Opening Track to "Terror in the Aisles" is a Direct Homage/Nod to the Halloween Laurie Theme and the Halloween 2 Main Theme.

Listen to all three and tell me they don't sound extremely similar or the same. In addition "Halloween" plays in the Documentary. Donald Pleasance is the Host of the Documentary who played Dr. Loomis in the first two Halloween films. This film's first Digital Release was when Halloween 2 came out with a 30th Anniversary on Blue-Ray and "Terror in the Aisles" came as a Special Feature.

Blumhouse's Halloween which is coming out later this year is confirmed to dismiss all of the sequels of Halloween and be a Sequel to the first Halloween. Well the Opening Track to "Terror in the Aisles" is a Copy of the Halloween Laurie Track and the Halloween 2 Main Theme.

Could Murdy be referring to that since the Opening Track to "Terror in the Aisles" is a Copy of the Halloween 2 Main Theme that Blumhouse's Halloween is the REAL Halloween 2?

Last edited: