Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

If This does come to pass I would hope they include some of what could have been on the original pitch. (Blue sky wishes though)
Memba when this was gonna have an LED Tower?

Memba when this was gonna have us "breaking" through the Hollywood sign letters?

Memba when this was gonna was going to have a CityWalk entrance so you can ride when USF was closed?

Memba when this was gonna have 2 different tracks?

Memba when this was gonna have a song choice list updated frequently, and have themed choices during events?

I memba

You could speculate wildly on the potential of all this. With the track for HRRR removed and a coaster taking it's place and taking a new direction, it frees up a huge block in the NY area that would be better suited for SLOP and still keep the NY theme that doesn't really fit where Shrek is. It also frees up Shrek for something new and a total revival of the entrance to the park.

hrrr slop.jpg

You could speculate wildly on the potential of all this. With the track for HRRR removed and a coaster taking it's place and taking a new direction, it frees up a huge block in the NY area that would be better suited for SLOP and still keep the NY theme that doesn't really fit where Shrek is. It also frees up Shrek for something new and a total revival of the entrance to the park.

View attachment 6107
Darn, that's an old satellite image. Beetle Juice & Twister is still there.

If HRRR were to be replaced by another coaster I'd prefer something unique to the Orlando area instead of a second B&M hyper. A Mack hyper, like DC Rivals, would be amazing and unique not only to Florida but the entire country.
I don't see a huge need to replace Rockit, ignoring the technical issues and awful queue videos, but I wouldn't argue with a hyper :lol:

I could see this rethemed into a coaster based on Sing if they want to carry on the “music” theme. I’d rather have that than to have that be the replacement for T2 3D. And if they can’t afford Reese Witherspoon, they can always go for the much better alternative: