Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

Any news at all on this front? We are just about approaching the end of the busy season right?

News comes in waves, we’ll probably hear more about this and other projects when the next set of approvals or meetings concludes.

I wouldn't be surprised if this project was staggered out a year and Universal started on something else instead first. Gotta keep the Potter heads coming after all. Don't want to give them a reason to hold off until both are open.

Just because we don't know doesn't mean they don't know. Come on man.

I think Universal have a plan for what they want to do but I can't tell if they're lucky or unlucky by having to change their plans constantly. It seems like they've been all set to move forward with plans and then new better opportunities keep opening up leading to what we preserve as being incompetent or misdirected.

I think Universal have a plan for what they want to do but I can't tell if they're lucky or unlucky by having to change their plans constantly. It seems like they've been all set to move forward with plans and then new better opportunities keep opening up leading to what we preserve as being incompetent or misdirected.

This is nothing new. Twister going down was the same on and off for a bit.

This is nothing new. Twister going down was the same on and off for a bit.

Twister is one thing but there's 2 massive projects that seem to be in flux (Probably not the right word) right now. Nintendo seems to be getting pushed back while the new park seems to be getting pushed ahead. Universal are juggling some big projects.

SLOP, Potter (Ministry), New Marvel Ride in IOA, Nintendo (how much/where/when), T2:3D replacement, Toon lagoon replacement, Jurassic World, Mt. Crumpit, Lost Continent, "Site B", Volcano Bay expansion, all are "open rumors". Then there's Hollywood, Japan, and Universal Bejing and the new hotels. There's a lot going on across the entire organization. A lot of the rumors here are just speculated to hell on very minor pieces of information, and some are outright misdirection (particularly obvious as of late in the Nintendo thread) One thing I've learned is that these rumors usualyl have some truth to them, but details can be wildly off, particularly with timelines. I.e. things are not as "pushed back" as some people think.

Personally, it would not surprise me if Uni indeed has trouble making up their mind, they have lots of land, money and ideas ... this can actually lead to an inability to quickly make up one's mind.
tumblr_oyknnwFBsk1qfx9mto4_540.gif

SLOP, Potter (Ministry), New Marvel Ride in IOA, Nintendo (how much/where/when), T2:3D replacement, Toon lagoon replacement, Jurassic World, Mt. Crumpit, Lost Continent, "Site B", Volcano Bay expansion, all are "open rumors". Then there's Hollywood, Japan, and Universal Bejing and the new hotels. There's a lot going on across the entire organization. A lot of the rumors here are just speculated to hell on very minor pieces of information, and some are outright misdirection (particularly obvious as of late in the Nintendo thread)

For Orlando right now..

SLoP - Hollywood as of now seems to be the only one getting it, as Orlando may have Villain-Con instead
Nintendo - The one project to rule them all in the terms of fluctuating changes
T2 - We know something is coming, and that it may be Bourne or Bond (but most likely Bourne)
Potter - New DC replacement and possibly Ministry if that's what they are doing
IOA Projects (Mt. Crumpit, LC/TL replacements, Marvel addition, E.T.C) - Seem to be in dead water as they may be accelerating Site B
Site B - Seems to be accelerating progress, has been indicated that Jurassic World will be attached to it and something Nintendo related

As for Hollywood,

SLoP - Hollywood is seeming like it'll have it at Globe Theater
Super Nintendo World - Confirmed back in the day, sounds like work may begin sometime next year
Other things - Some people have indicated Diagon, some have indicated a JW expansion, it's honestly not that clear at this point in time.

And for world wide,

Osaka - 2018 is a very entertainment filled year, as there will be what seems to be an off year as they work on getting SNW done by sometime around the Olympics (it doesn't have to be before, just saying).
Beijing - Has it's own dedicated team, construction is happening in some form
Singapore - Crickets

Back to Ministry, what makes me curious about it is that this project was somewhat confirmed back when Diagon opened I recall, but nothing much came out of it. Where there's smoke, there is fire, and that I actually see this happening more than SNW at this point for USF. It seems to have at-least some form of prior direction, and if they can get it in shape, they could be able to begin work on it after the summer period, giving them a 1.5 year timeframe for a 2020 debut.

Personally, it would not surprise me if Uni indeed has trouble making up their mind, they have lots of land, money and ideas ... this can actually lead to an inability to quickly make up one's mind.
And that with the changing scenarios/directions due to D23, tax laws, south park property situation ....and also, trumping everything, is what the Comcast top Execs may want changed.

Any chance this theater is still standing for HHN and Bill and Theodore come back for 2018? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

They've really cornered themselves with this and even if they wanted to, I imagine they could piss off a lot of fans who made a point of visiting for the last show, upon saying that, there would no doubt be a lot of happy fans to see them return.

Bill & Ted: Back from the Dead does have a nice ring to it though.

Any chance this theater is still standing for HHN and Bill and Theodore come back for 2018? :lol::lol::lol::lol:
I’m sure there’s a good chance that the theater will be there for HHN. I do not however in any way believe that the show was canceled due to the location. B&T was what started this MoM rumor in the first place and that’s the reason I haven’t believed it from the beginning.

Maybe they’ll put Academy of Villians in there.

I would def be more inclined to make a point to see Academy of Villains if i could sit down comfortably.

Yeah although it would be fun to have them back, I fee like they've already ripped off that band aid