Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, we've come full circle. I heard a rumor, posted about it here. Got some opinions and more details from you all. I wrote an article for the Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast all about the rumors. And now Ken Storey has cited my article as the source for this article:

A 'Despicable Me' mini-land is rumored to be in the works at Universal Orlando | Blogs

And with me sharing that link here, the circle is complete.

giphy.webp

Well, we've come full circle. I heard a rumor, posted about it here. Got some opinions and more details from you all. I wrote an article for the Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast all about the rumors. And now Ken Storey has cited my article as the source for this article:

A 'Despicable Me' mini-land is rumored to be in the works at Universal Orlando | Blogs

So funny. And that's why rumors are "just" rumors so often.

Reactions: tankart150

This is what I mean when I refer to "echo chamber".

This is what I mean when I refer to "echo chamber".
That’s why I’ve been trying to track this one as it grows and evolves. And I posted it here before others think that article is new news. Fascinating to see it take on a life of its own.

Personally, my money’s still on SLoP, especially given Hollywood is getting it in such a small space now.

” NBCUniversal CEO Steve Burke said the plan is to have two DreamWorks Animation titles released every year beginning in 2019, as well as another two titles from the Illumination animation unit. The film animation activity is a major driver of consumer products growth and contribute ideas and IP for Universal’s theme parks, Burke said. “Consumer products is a big upside for NBCUniversal,” he said

Seems to add precedence to Shrek becoming SLOP or DM.

Seems like everything is in the air at this point...no final decision on what happens to Shrek, no word on when KidZone will close, no word on when Fear Factor Live will be torn down, no announcement on what's replacing Terminator or Dueling Dragons...it's getting a little frustrating to say the least!! Especially after the bombshell that Disney dropped at D23...
But anyways... :topic:

Seems like everything is in the air at this point...no final decision on what happens to Shrek, no word on when KidZone will close, no word on when Fear Factor Live will be torn down, no announcement on what's replacing Terminator or Dueling Dragons...it's getting a little frustrating to say the least!! Especially after the bombshell that Disney dropped at D23...
But anyways... :topic:

I don’t think any of this is up in the air, Uni just doesn’t announce things until they absolutely have to