T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disney: we've got the dumbest, more pointless synergistic move ever that nobody will care about, what if California Screamin became the Incredicoaster and we retheme the area around it into Pixar Pier?
Universal: hold my beer

Waterworld is a garbage movie and one of the biggest flops in cinematic history. It's also a great stunt show.

I'll wait to call this bad until I see it.

Waterworld is a garbage movie and one of the biggest flops in cinematic history. It's also a great stunt show.

I'll wait to call this bad until I see it.
This is my sense.

It's a stunt show. Whether it's good or bad won't be predicated on the IP. It'll be entirely dependent on if it's a good stunt show.

Earlier in this thread, we were literally asking for a Kincaid-themed spy show.

And yet Avatar is “a joke of an IP” in your eyes.

Hypocritical much? ;)

I...huh? I'm not saying Bourne is a good IP. It's a bad one. I just don't know if the show will be good/bad until I experience it. Avatar IS a bad IP. I didn't know if it was gonna be good or bad until I experienced the land. I experienced the land and it is monumentally unremarkable outside of its aesthetics.

They're also not spending 750 million dollars on a Bourne land.

I...huh? I'm not saying Bourne is a good IP. It's a bad one. I just don't know if the show will be good/bad until I experience it. Avatar IS a bad IP. I didn't know if it was gonna be good or bad until I experienced the land. I experienced the land and it is monumentally unremarkable outside of its aesthetics.

Avatar is a huge hit. The land is beautiful, people love the ride, the whole area is really transformative and you no longer feel like you are in a theme park! I don't think the ride was "ground breaking" but it's so much fun and everyone seems to love it. As for the IP being "bad"... The movie/delayed franchise def is lacking in cultural relevance compared to heavy hitters like Star Wars, Marvel, Toy Story, Harry Potter etc... HOWEVER as far as creating a unique land that is ripe for theme park use it's a TERRIFIC IP.

Said almost no one else. My point stands.

Reactions: Andysol
Avatar is a huge hit. The land is beautiful, people love the ride, the whole area is really transformative and you no longer feel like you are in a theme park! I don't think the ride was "ground breaking" but it's so much fun and everyone seems to love it. As for the IP being "bad"... The movie/delayed franchise def is lacking in cultural relevance compared to heavy hitters like Star Wars, Marvel, Toy Story, Harry Potter etc... HOWEVER as far as creating a unique land that is ripe for theme park use it's a TERRIFIC IP.

Hey, to each their own. I disagree with nearly everything you said here, but that's why there's chocolate and vanilla.

Dude I have no clue what your point is. Is it that bad IPs can make good theme park lands? In that case it's the exact same point I was trying to make.:bored:
You give Universal much more leeway than you do Disney. A hypocrite.

Universal uses a questinable IP and you wait and see.

Disney does and you laugh and holler till the cows come home.

You give Universal much more leeway than you do Disney. A hypocrite.

:lmao:

Yes, I do give more leeway to Universal than Disney. Because in recent history Universal has done much more that I like than Disney has. That's not hypocritical. That's having a personal preference. I don't have ay obligation to give any megacorporation a "fair shake". They're not giving me anything. Right now I like what Uni's doing more than Disney (for the most part). That might change in the next few years. Don't like it? Tough crap. Deal with it.

Reactions: tielo and RevFreako
:lmao:

Yes, I do give more leeway to Universal than Disney. Because in recent history Universal has done much more that I like than Disney has. That's not hypocritical. That's having a personal preference. I don't have ay obligation to give any megacorporation a "fair shake". They're not giving me anything. Right now I like what Uni's doing more than Disney (for the most part). That might change in the next few years. Don't like it? Tough crap. Deal with it.
And now they’re catching up and improving and imo kicking the crap out of Universal last year and next year.

And now they’re catching up and improving, imo kicking the crap out of Universal last year and next year.

Last year was a Uni win for me. Avatar was better than Fallon (not saying much), but Volcano Bay completely blew me away. Next year was always gonna be a Disney win. SWL+Mickey ride was always gonna beat one ride. But if the Potter coaster is as good as people are saying it'll be, I'll be happy. From what @AliciaStella is saying, the coaster sounds better than either SWL ride to me at the moment for me. But I also don't know enough about any of the rides to say that definitively.

But after SWL, Disney's lineup is fine, but I'm not in love with any of it. Guardians and TRON will be fun, but Rat does nothing for me. Uni Park 3, MOM, Nintendo, etc are all super exciting for me though. If they blow them, then yea, Disney will have probably outclassed them. Way too early to tell at the moment.

If this is truly going to be a live action stunt show, as others have said, I can get past the IP. I would've preferred Bond over Bourne, but it's nice to see Universal using one of its own properties instead of licensing out which seems to be their recent go to. I don't see this as being anything groundbreaking, but if they can make a fresh, entertaining show, I think it's a definite plus for the park.

If this is truly going to be a live action stunt show, as others have said, I can get past the IP. I would've preferred Bond over Bourne, but it's nice to see Universal using one of its own properties instead of licensing out which seems to be their recent go to. I don't see this as being anything groundbreaking, but if they can make a fresh, entertaining show, I think it's a definite plus for the park.
Depends...I've seen some good stunt shows and some really bad ones haha