Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

If Nintendo isn't coming to USF, then they should get moving on Ministry of Magic. An expansion to Diagon is a no-brainer. The area is fantastic with shops and stuff but needs more rides.
My guess is that'll happen within the year. They probably want to space it out a bit from the HP coaster opening so it opens a year or so after the coaster opens. Better way to sandwich in the GESWL juggernaut.

My guess is that'll happen within the year. They probably want to space it out a bit from the HP coaster opening so it opens a year or so after the coaster opens. Better way to sandwich in the GESWL juggernaut.

"Sandwich SWL" is such a stupid plan, that only Universal could come up with it. You get stuff open people want to see, period. SWL isn't magically gonna stop drawing people after 2019, as Potter has shown. Get people stuff they want to see, so they skip going to EPCOT or DAK. That's how you "combat SW".

Man not even Chidi from The Good Place is as indecisive as Universal Creative right now

Just like the season finally I think they’re very decisive now until the next reset.

"Sandwich SWL" is such a stupid plan, that only Universal could come up with it. You get stuff open people want to see, period. SWL isn't magically gonna stop drawing people after 2019, as Potter has shown. Get people stuff they want to see, so they skip going to EPCOT or DAK. That's how you "combat SW".

I think the idea is to avoid the press and attention SWGE is going to get.

I think the idea is to avoid the press and attention SWGE is going to get.

Ive said it before- the WWoHP/SWGE comparison articles are going to come out- in particular with the new Coaster.

Universal had the opportunity to open MoM and FF simultaneously. 2 new attractions (if MoM is a ride or attraction) to combat SWGE’s 2 new rides.

An expanded London waterfront (with dining?), MoM attraction/ride, Diagon, Gringotts, HE, Hogsmeade, FJ, FF, FotH, 2 unique dining, 5 unique shows, etc.
WWoHP as a whole is still going to be better in comparison at face value than SWGE- no matter what SWGE has to offer- based on scale alone. But MoM/London would’ve truly put it on a pedestal.

One-Two punch. Welcome all, to the new Potter coaster!

Couple months later, an announcement arrives.

Opening next year: Ministry of Magic y'all!

Comparisons to Star Wars in articles will talk of the newly opened coaster AND mention that Universal is not stopping there with another new Potter attraction coming soon. Best of both worlds, and gets Potter Heads to book two trips! Brilliant!

I do think we'll see FFL close and be demolished well before any announcement though.

One-Two punch. Welcome all, to the new Potter coaster!

Couple months later, an announcement arrives.

Opening next year: Ministry of Magic y'all!

Comparisons to Star Wars in articles will talk of the newly opened coaster AND mention that Universal is not stopping there with another new Potter attraction coming soon. Best of both worlds, and gets Potter Heads to book two trips! Brilliant!

I do think we'll see FFL close and be demolished well before any announcement though.

Not to mention, they can have 2020 be a year-round "Celebration of Harry Potter" in celebration of the original land's 10 year anniversary. It'd be asking for a large marketing presence.

The way I think Universal views things is "the more Potter the better". Dropping both of their Potter rides in one year does them nothing. People are coming to Florida for SWGE anyway, they will come for the FF ride, might as well spread out the timeline so that you then give people another reason to come back with a MoM ride.

Also, you guys have to remember, SWGE isn't opening in Orlando until somewhere around October-December 2019... Potter is going to rule 2019 for the most part in Orlando anyway.