Teen Titans Go! To the Movies | Inside Universal Forums

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The first half of the trailer, I would be lying if I said it didn't make me chuckle.

The film, looks beautiful on just a background front, and if their goal is to be basically ripping a hole into how Comic Book movies are made, then I would be interested. But my view's on TTG have been for more..negative reasons.

The first half of the trailer, I would be lying if I said it didn't make me chuckle.

The film, looks beautiful on just a background front, and if their goal is to be basically ripping a hole into how Comic Book movies are made, then I would be interested. But my view's on TTG have been for more..negative reasons.
The series tends to rip apart the logical fallacies of comics and television, and gets very meta (a bottle episode where they’re literally stuck in a glass bottle; Teen Justice shows up and tells them they’re too silly, so they get hyper serious and fall apart; Robin house sitting for Batman). Most of the show’s music is ridiculously catchy too.

Giving them 90 minutes to rip apart the “formula” of superhero movies is right up their alley.

I mean don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily believe the movie should be judged by the series, and if someone out there likes the series, that's great! But to me, Teen Titans Go is just a bunch of fart jokes and toilet humor, combined with episodes that call out and make fun of anyone that criticizes the show (not to mention it craps all over the original Teen Titans series). The trailer looks like it will be more of the same unfortunately. Now if the movie can prove me wrong and actually be a solid film, I would be very pleased! Otherwise, I have a bad feeling it's going to be around the Emoji Movie level of bad...

my daughter is obsessed with this show, and it drives me crazy. That's probably why she likes it so much.

Got to attend an advanced screening of the new "Teen Titans Go" movie... It was everything and more.

mMsVhAc.jpg

The screen before the movie was animated so they'd do different poses & Beast Boy transformed into different animals.

0Ho8TAK.jpg

They gave us this comic book & pin as well (the pin served as our ticket lol)

As for the movie itself... yes it has the obvious fart/poop jokes here/there... and of course is also very self aware.

WB/DC take many stabs at themselves, as well as multiple references
Animaniacs, Lisa Frank, Muppets, BTTF, Marvel, STAN LEE, etc

It was hilarious, it was fun, & just overall enjoyable. There is even a mid-credits scene
Transmission from the old Teen Titans saying they think they may have found a way back
a post-credits scene
Challengers of the Unknown & a "To be continued"

If you're looking for a good laugh/escape, go see this movie when it comes out next week.