Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 450 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I believe they are waiting for the lawsuits concerning the rest of the property around Site B to be settled. Which should be in April.

Seems likely. I'm sure they have broad overview plans they can release whatever the outcome.

I do think the next announcement will be D23-esque in the amount of info released, if the whispers are be to believed. (Big if)

Reactions: Disneyhead
It was giant failure. Dollywood/HFE removed their's and sued Huss over it. I think there's just one working example of it in operation.
Kennywood had a smaller ride that reminded me of that. It was called the Flying Carpet. I rode it with my nephew. Two teenage girls were across from him. They both projectile threw up all over his pants and shoes. Just barely missed me. I was nauseated all day after getting off. I quit riding those kinds of rides after that.

It better happen this time. It seems like every time an announcement is on the horizon, it gets pushed back.

Never expect an announcement from Uni. We don't like to hear this around here, but to them it's like the least important part of the project. Just keep an eye out on construction starting and things closing. Any actual announcements are icing on the cake.

Reactions: jtsalien
But what I don't understand is (and someone feel free to help me) why couldn't they continue with japan-hollywood and save the
"coup de grace" for orlando? We could have been last to get the installment and still let the other to get what they were getting right? being that space was an issue for those 2?

But what I don't understand is (and someone feel free to help me) why couldn't they continue with japan-hollywood and save the
"coup de grace" for orlando? We could have been last to get the installment and still let the other to get what they were getting right? being that space was an issue for those 2?

Japan is still getting what they were getting.

Osaka and Hollywood will be getting the same thing.

Orlando was always destined to be the superior version, and that's what I've gathered over the past year in that desire.

Reactions: Andysol and Mad Dog
Osaka and Hollywood will be getting the same thing.

Orlando was always destined to be the superior version, and that's what I've gathered over the past year in that desire.
And now it will be even a more superior version, plus some satellite lands/attractions in the other resort parks. Best of all worlds here in Orlando. And....patience is a virtue. :)

For Japan to have been delayed/stalled like it seems to have been, it almost has to be a ride system/engineering issue that affects all of the parks. Pivoting Orlando from Kidzone to Park 3 wouldn't directly affect Japan. I want to say there was mention of a ride system delay on here, but can't recall if it was a legit rumor or just board conjecture. If they did indeed come across a problem in the MK ride system during R&D that would require changes, stopping all construction makes sense. Don't want to pour footers just to find out a month later that they need to be moved somewhere else. Depending on how significant the changes would be, that could also be part of the reason that they'd move from Kidzone to Park 3. If the building needed to be bigger, maybe it wouldn't fit the plot as is. And if you are going to have to redesign the whole plot anyway, moving to a new spot isn't as big of a deal.

For Japan to have been delayed/stalled like it seems to have been, it almost has to be a ride system/engineering issue that affects all of the parks. Pivoting Orlando from Kidzone to Park 3 wouldn't directly affect Japan. I want to say there was mention of a ride system delay on here, but can't recall if it was a legit rumor or just board conjecture. If they did indeed come across a problem in the MK ride system during R&D that would require changes, stopping all construction makes sense. Don't want to pour footers just to find out a month later that they need to be moved somewhere else. Depending on how significant the changes would be, that could also be part of the reason that they'd move from Kidzone to Park 3. If the building needed to be bigger, maybe it wouldn't fit the plot as is. And if you are going to have to redesign the whole plot anyway, moving to a new spot isn't as big of a deal.
ok this is making the most sense. I can understand stopping Florida for expansion purposes being it is the biggest market of the 3, but something like this would be a reason to halt construction in japan :thumbsup: not saying it is the reason but would make sense.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
So, to somewhat sum things up.

• The Super Mario franchise is potentially moving out of Kidzone to Site B
  • Donkey Kong would feature Sqawks, Rambi, and have some form of interactivity for the Sqawks
  • Espresso The Ostrich would not be featured in Donkey Kong (sorry @Mike S)
  • Conkdor will be seen on Yoshi
  • Yoshi will celebrate a lot of the Mushroom kingdom, from the old to the new
  • An AA would be in Mario Kart that rivals Kong
  • The load/unload for MK is being envisioned as the moving floor used in multiple omnimover attractions like Forbidden Journey, Little Mermaid (MK), Haunted Mansion, and more
  • There will be a total of 50-54 cars on the track all at once (not counting characters that will ride alongside you from time to time)
  • Load/Unload will contain over 8 cars at once, with four on left and four on right
  • The ride will possibly be around 4 minutes, giving them possibly over 2.5 thousand for capacity at what I would presume is the best run.
  • We may get information by the middle of the year, or a bit later, due to the lawsuits that should be ended in the next 2-3 months.
Orlando was always meant to be the superior version, and that while Hollywood and Osaka may have the similar things to eachother as opposed to Orlando's, Mario Kart has the honest to god potential to be an all-time classic and not just the best ride in Universal Parks and Resorts.

Last edited:
Theory time: Universal will OFFICIALLY announce plans of a 4th gate on a Southern property by the end of this year. And with it, we'll get aerial concept art of the new park. And from that view, Nintendo-esque areas will be very obvious and visible. HOWEVER... the concept art will be like Beijing's concept art, where you can make out a general idea of what the park is, but it's not meant to be anything specific. So even if Peach's Castle/Zelda's Castle/Pokemon Center are on the concept art, they aren't guaranteed for the new park. But even if that's the case, it'll at least give us a general idea of what Universal is planning with the Nintendo/gate 3 mystery.

Ghost_Host_023.jpg