Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That said, I would be interested if Disney or Universal has theme park rights to Black Panther.

Sorry to go off topic but since a moderator asked ...

Created as a supporting character in Fantastic Four, then was in the Avengers for years before finally getting his own book. Money talks, etc., but I suspect there's a reason we haven't seen King T'Challa in DHS like Dr. Strange or Groot.

Created as a supporting character in Fantastic Four, then was in the Avengers for years before finally getting his own book. Money talks, etc., but I suspect there's a reason we haven't seen King T'Challa in DHS like Dr. Strange or Groot.
Yep. I would say he’s Universal. Black Panther is slated for a huge opening and they didn’t do a simple meet and greet like they did for Strange? Would put money on there being a reason for that.

Thanks. I had suspected that about him not being there at DHS.

Back to Epcot!

Exactly....A fellow Marvel historian. :thumbsup:

Reactions: SeventyOne
*screams into a pillow*

Why not actually host the real cultures?
Hey, I said it's a bit of stretch for a reason. I was just pointing out there's more actual sense in it than crap like GOTG. I'm not saying it SHOULD happen. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Black Panter is only doing M&Gs in DLR in the Disney domestic parks.

BlackPanther1280marked.jpg

So there's your answer.

I wonder if Disney would sell one of those costumes to UOR?

Black Panter is only doing M&Gs in DLR in the Disney domestic parks.

BlackPanther1280marked.jpg

So there's your answer.

I wonder if Disney would sell one of those costumes to UOR?
Universal is contractually obligated to only use the look of the comics, so i'm pretty sure not.

Disney is the only one that can use the MCU versions of the characters.

Not sure where to post this, but I'm starting to wonder about the old Wonders of Life pavilion.

Last month they were painting the roof, which, is uncharacteristic of Disney to do, but maybe it needed weather sealing anyway.

Today there's this:

And I've noticed there has been absolutely no mention of the Festival Center for this year's Flower & Garden, which starts next week. No mention on where seminars will be held. No mention of Disney Horticulture exhibit, which is usually in there. No mention on where to find festival merchandise. And there will not be a topiary in front of it according to the official list this year. Plus, usually the dates and times that the center will be open are posted. Nothing.

Sooo, is this where the new space restaurant will go? Rumors were it would go on the right side of Mission: Space. I've heard a rumor that Test Track's cars passing by was too loud, not sure on validity of that. But also, maybe they wanted more space... I mean, this does look like a big orange Mars base station from the outside, and it would put the space restaurant between two space based attractions.

Or, are they eyeing this for a new attraction?

Or, is the building in such bad shape they're bringing in a bunch of folks to help fix it up?

Or is nothing happening and Festival Center will open next week no problem?

Something fishy is going on.

Not sure where to post this, but I'm starting to wonder about the old Wonders of Life pavilion.

Last month they were painting the roof, which, is uncharacteristic of Disney to do, but maybe it needed weather sealing anyway.

Today there's this:

And I've noticed there has been absolutely no mention of the Festival Center for this year's Flower & Garden, which starts next week. No mention on where seminars will be held. No mention of Disney Horticulture exhibit, which is usually in there. No mention on where to find festival merchandise. And there will not be a topiary in front of it according to the official list this year. Plus, usually the dates and times that the center will be open are posted. Nothing.

Sooo, is this where the new space restaurant will go? Rumors were it would go on the right side of Mission: Space. I've heard a rumor that Test Track's cars passing by was too loud, not sure on validity of that. But also, maybe they wanted more space... I mean, this does look like a big orange Mars base station from the outside, and it would put the space restaurant between two space based attractions.

Or, is the building in such bad shape they're bringing in a bunch of folks to help fix it up?

They're going to build a clone of Mission Breakout right next to the other Guardians ride. And then Mission Space becomes Guardians. and Test Track becomes Guardians. Future World West becomes Guardians Land. Nothing is sacred no more.

Reactions: UNIrd
They're going to build a clone of Mission Breakout right next to the other Guardians ride. And then Mission Space becomes Guardians. and Test Track becomes Guardians. Future World West becomes Guardians Land. Nothing is sacred no more.
Welcome to Dining with Thanos! Please enjoy this $20 non-alcoholic beverage with a blinking Infinity Stone light-up cube. It's out of this world.

Today there's this:

Supposedly Dark Lord Chapek has been touring Epcot in recent days. He might be part of the group in that photo.

Reactions: Jones14
Interesting that the details for F&G don't mention the Festival Center AT ALL.
The closest thing I could find for what would typically be in there is this:
  • The How-To Garden – Stop by this display in Future World West and take the Disney Flower and Garden Festival home with garden-ready ideas, including how to create your own butterfly house, garden crafts and sustainable ideas.

Reactions: jtsalien and Alicia
Interesting that the details for F&G don't mention the Festival Center AT ALL.
The closest thing I could find for what would typically be in there is this:
  • The How-To Garden – Stop by this display in Future World West and take the Disney Flower and Garden Festival home with garden-ready ideas, including how to create your own butterfly house, garden crafts and sustainable ideas.
Wonder where that's gonna be? The hall where Light Lab was behind Starbucks maybe?
Unless they expect for demo to begin within the next 3 months, I don't know why they won't use it as the Festival Center.
It just doesn't look like they are using it for the Festival. By now a topiary and signage would start going up. Even the little flower icons on the windows should be up by now. But the building is bare as far as I can tell. Not sure why. Just reporting whats I sees.

It could be as simple as mold found in the building and they can't open it until it gets renovated, hence the new roof repairs and repaint.

Reactions: SeventyOne

Today there's this:

For what I understood the roof painting was routine every so many years, but I did hear that the path to the entrance of the pavilion was supposed to be redone for easier/guest friendly access to the building.... Why? IDK there no project on the horizon for this building but to be the same old seasonal festival center. Perhaps a small project towards the overhaul and prep the area for guardians, maybe? Kinda like Tiffins, but that's all I heard.