Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

UP! A Great Bird Adventure

Just to pick a few folks off, anything helps. I got my FOP fast passes for 5:40 anyways. My wife liked the show last time, anything to keep her entertained while we ride Everest.:)
I think it’ll be open sooner than April 22nd. Hopefully by the end of March. I just meant they’ve only promised to have it open by their birthday.

I'm a little apprehensive that the UP characters are, in fact, going to just be the stylized, costumed versions. I don't know how that's going to play to those in the audience who aren't kids. The original version of the show was one of my parents' favorite things to see in the park; I think I might be a little embarrassed to take them to this new iteration depending on how it shakes out.

But we'll have to see. Hopefully the characters are just window dressing and the bulk of the show has a similar tone to Flights of Wonder.

I'm a little apprehensive that the UP characters are, in fact, going to just be the stylized, costumed versions. I don't know how that's going to play to those in the audience who aren't kids. The original version of the show was one of my parents' favorite things to see in the park; I think I might be a little embarrassed to take them to this new iteration depending on how it shakes out.

But we'll have to see. Hopefully the characters are just window dressing and the bulk of the show has a similar tone to Flights of Wonder.
Probably very much the same show, just replace the lost tour guide with a non-face character whose mouth never moves while he talks. No biggee.

Update on theming additions work to the theater:
IMG_0936-L.jpg

IMG_0938-L.jpg

IMG_0945-L.jpg

IMG_0946-L.jpg

PHOTOS: Caravan Stage Theater Refurbishment Continues at Animal Kingdom

It should have been "Wilderness Explorers: Bird Badge Test."

I'm not sure why Russell and J Audubon Woodlore aren't throughout the park.

And DAK needs a Pokemon GO type app based on Wilderness Explorers where they "catch" the animals they see throughout the park.

What are these "book" things you speak of? You mean Analog Text Albums? They have some at the Library Museum.
The Wilderness Explorers thing as it is I think is really good. It engages kids in the park and takes them along animal trails and places they wouldn't normally go if they weren't doing it.

If it were an app would it be more popular? Sure. But I like that this takes 100% AWAY from your phone. Sometimes that's needed, especially to appreciate a park as beautiful as DAK.

The Wilderness Explorers thing as it is I think is really good. It engages kids in the park and takes them along animal trails and places they wouldn't normally go if they weren't doing it.

If it were an app would it be more popular? Sure. But I like that this takes 100% AWAY from your phone. Sometimes that's needed, especially to appreciate a park as beautiful as DAK.
Needs real badges though! Or at least a real button/pin when you complete the whole guide, rather than another sticker.

Because of MDE the phone is omnipresent. Heck, the 7 year old set up the new Samsung 9xTrem for Mom. Just hand him the phone. He's got this.

Because of MDE the phone is omnipresent. Heck, the 7 year old set up the new Samsung 9xTrem for Mom. Just hand him the phone. He's got this.
Funny you should say that... I was on my phone walking into DAK and the guard at the no-bag line says, "hey, get off your phone, you're at Disney World." trying to be cute... I had to inform him I was on the Disney app managing my FastPasses for the day. It is the way now. It is the way.

Funny you should say that... I was on my phone walking into DAK and the guard at the no-bag line says, "hey, get off your phone, you're at Disney World." trying to be cute... I had to inform him I was on the Disney app managing my FastPasses for the day. It is the way now. It is the way.
I get all of that and it's really unavoidable by Disney or any theme park company to skew towards apps now seeing as almost everyone has a smart phone. However, once you've done all of that, the Wilderness Explorers is a nice escape from even that as you don't need a FP to go see the animal enclosures, which what WE is all about. It's a nice little way to add edutainment to seeing animals lay around and poop.

#Nahtazu ;)

Randomly thinking to myself... I bet a lot of the motivation (aside from adding more IP to the park) stemmed from the shows old name: Flights of Wonder. The most popular attraction in DAK right now has a very similar name in Flight of Passage, so this was more/less just an excuse for them to remove the confusion and add IP to the show.

Randomly thinking to myself... I bet a lot of the motivation (aside from adding more IP to the park) stemmed from the shows old name: Flights of Wonder. The most popular attraction in DAK right now has a very similar name in Flight of Passage, so this was more/less just an excuse for them to remove the confusion and add IP to the show.
That wouldn't surprise me at all. I remember telling a friend of mine that this was closing, and she thought I was talking about Flight of Passage (the look on her face was priceless). Plus, like you said, IP.

Took some photos of the work going on at the Caravan Theater. Not much has changed in the last month on the outside. Wonder if anything has changed inside? Work seems to be concentrating on area above entrance currently. Lots of work walls up making the path pretty narrow.

UP! A Great Bird Adventure Construction and Animal Kingdom 20th Anniversary Merchandise Now Available – Orlando ParkStop

Off-topic, but it's interesting that there's very, very little dinosaur representation on that 20th merch...

On-topic, I'm curious to see exactly what they're doing to that theater.