Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh god...the strollers.....

giphy.gif
That western town at the entrance? Had to be removed for stroller parking... Theming on the other side of Slinky Dog? Strollers. It all makes sense now.

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
But seriously, that parking garage needs to go. Build one across the other side of World drive and build a walking bridge if you have to. DHS needs expansion and Animation is a disaster of an area currently.

Thanks for the map @scott_walker!
So what is that pathway that wraps around the back of the TSMM building near SWGE needed for? Kinda looks like the relocated M&G since it has what looks like a lean-to attached to the side of the building at its termination

Reactions: Scott W.
Just read through 250+ comments on a Facebook post about TSL out of curiosity. Every single one is positive.
It's a sickness.

Listen, I love Disney. Wouldn't be on these boards talking about theme parks if it wasn't for my vacations there growing up. But as an adult with a fully developed brain, I don't see how anyone can be enthusiastic about this land and acting like this is going to be some sort of next-level theme park land.

The only thing I take away from that type of stuff is that TSL is going to be a bigger draw than I think some of us thought, meaning DHS is going to be hell even before SWGE & MMRR open.

It's a sickness.

Listen, I love Disney. Wouldn't be on these boards talking about theme parks if it wasn't for my vacations there growing up. But as an adult with a fully developed brain, I don't see how anyone can be enthusiastic about this land and acting like this is going to be some sort of next-level theme park land.

The only thing I take away from that type of stuff is that TSL is going to be a bigger draw than I think some of us thought, meaning DHS is going to be hell even before SWGE & MMRR open.
Agree with you. And even last summer I said this was really going to be big with the Disney moms and their kids. Lots of hardcore Disney fan reactions make no real sense, but they are easy to predict. Pure unadulterated blind loyalty.

I don’t know how much of it is the pixie dust, and how much of it is just a lack of knowledge.

The average guest only knows that there’s a Toy Story Land coming, with a roller coaster and some other type of ride being added to Toy Story Mania, which is already like cocaine for most guests.

Add in Disney marketing and the fact that the last land gave us Flight of Passage, and it’s not difficult at all to imagine people getting really excited for this. We of course know that it’s going to be on the lower rung of Disney’s latest efforts, but the general population has no reason to think that at this point.

To be fair, doesn’t Disney censor the more critical comments on their social media pages?
Not on stuff like FB and Twitter, but that isn't really what people are talking about here I don't think. I think people are referencing the WDW fan groups all over Facebook.

I don’t know how much of it is the pixie dust, and how much of it is just a lack of knowledge.

The average guest only knows that there’s a Toy Story Land coming, with a roller coaster and some other type of ride being added to Toy Story Mania, which is already like cocaine for most guests.

Add in Disney marketing and the fact that the last land gave us Flight of Passage, and it’s not difficult at all to imagine people getting really excited for this. We of course know that it’s going to be on the lower rung of Disney’s latest efforts, but the general population has no reason to think that at this point.

I think lack of knowledge is the major factor here. I think plenty of people will enjoy it but when the queues become ridiculous this summer and people come off the Slinky coaster after a 3 hour wait, I don't see how they could be anything but disappointed.

Reactions: Nick