Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything "big" has to be a dragon (already used), something from Fantastic Beast (not England), or Grawp. There aren't many large-scale creatures apart from them unless we get some unnamed giant.

Anything "big" has to be a dragon (already used), something from Fantastic Beast (not England), or Grawp. There aren't many large-scale creatures apart from them unless we get some unnamed giant.
Maybe it’s a hedge maze coaster and we get the sphinx, but that’s probably not very big.
If you’re referring to my original BIG comment a few days ago, I’ve already confirmed I was talking about the attraction’s overall footprint and not anything specific within it.
...And the initial "BIG" comment was about the overall footprint for this thing. I mean it goes literally as far as it can on all sides along perimeter of area, even coming pretty close to the Hogwarts Express queue at one point. No space will be wasted.

They never did put that AA dragon in Gringotts

I'm expecting a the Ford Angela AA, Grawp AA, Projected Centaurs, maybe the patronis
That's if we stay in the forest, which we may not do according to Alicia.

I'm getting a strange sense the story may "match" scenes from the Tri-Wizard tournament.

Queue - Quidditch Stadium where the dragon trial is happening above/around us. Board our whatever.

Short segment through the forest, where we may past some creatures EDIT - and the Ford Anglica.

Dive into Black Lake (our first big drop) which has slow, fly-by show scene with projected grindylos and an animatronic mermaid.

Blast out of the water (like Harry), back through the forest and into the hedge maze. A fly-by show scene to enter. Maybe a sphrinx, which would be a pleasant surprise, before a dash to a projected cup.

Our stopped show scene is in the biggest building is the graveyard. We see something (the spell to bring Voldemort back or the battle), then shoot backwards out of the graveyard.

We rotate out in front of the thestral stables... I only wish...

Grawp (who can technically be a canon appearance because Hagrid retrieves him in Order...) stops our backwards portion, turns us around, and go through the last thrilling section (swooping drop) before the brake run.

I'm getting a strange sense the story may "match" scenes from the Tri-Wizard tournament.

Queue - Quidditch Stadium where the dragon trial is happening above/around us. Board our whatever.

Short segment through the forest, where we may past some creatures EDIT - and the Ford Anglica.

Dive into Black Lake (our first big drop) which has slow, fly-by show scene with projected grindylos and an animatronic mermaid.

Blast out of the water (like Harry), back through the forest and into the hedge maze. A fly-by show scene to enter. Maybe a sphrinx, which would be a pleasant surprise, before a dash to a projected cup.

Our stopped show scene is in the biggest building is the graveyard. We see something (the spell to bring Voldemort back or the battle), then shoot backwards out of the graveyard.

Grawp (who can technically be a canon appearance because Hagrid retrieves him in Order...) stops our backwards portion, turns us around, and go through the last thrilling section (swooping drop) before the brake run.
Cool. I want this ride!

I like everything about this except the graveyard scene. We already have a Voldemort encounter in EfG, we don't need another.

Anyone have any guesses for how big the RV will be? Do you think it will be limited to 2 wide?

I keep thinking a winged or hybrid wing would be pretty exciting with a bunch of close flybys. It would be easy to make you feel like you're riding a broom.

Skyrush seats have to have been most free I've ever felt on a coaster. No floor and nothing on the sides. Just the lap bar. Younger family in the middle with the floor just out of reach and older get to 'ride the edge'.

Maybe this could be a way longer and less intense version of Furius Baco.

Attachments

• 2012413214238_wing-rider-coasters-04-0412-lgn.jpg
    2012413214238_wing-rider-coasters-04-0412-lgn.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 11071171-standard.jpg
    11071171-standard.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 16
  • GALERIA_FURIUS_3_PAP-MED_ATR_FB_EXT_0615_011.jpg
    GALERIA_FURIUS_3_PAP-MED_ATR_FB_EXT_0615_011.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 16
I'm still thinking the story will take place towards the end of book 3, between 12 am and dawn just after Sirius and Buckbeak are saved, while Lupin is still a werewolf. It will draw on characters from the first 3 books. Here's how I see the ride:

We board thestral-drawn carriages (although the thestrals aren't mentioned, as they are still unknown to Harry at this point) just after midnight, and are soon driven off our path by what we can only assume is a werewolf, based upon its cries and glowing eyes. It pushes us into the Forbidden Forest, where Hagrid appears on Sirius Black's motorcycle to help us. We see centaurs and a frightened unicorn in the distance as we try to outrun the werewolf, zigzagging back and forth through the forest.

Suddenly the werewolf jumps out in front of us. Hagrid casts a spell that sends our carriage flying into the Shrieking Shack. The werewolf leaps after us and into the Shrieking Shack in front of us. Our carriage comes to a halt, dangling on the edge of the large boarded-up window we just broke through. Just before the beast reaches us, the grim (Padfoot) appears and fights off the werewolf. Hagrid casts a spell in the werewolf's direction, but it backfires, sending us flying backwards out of the Shrieking Shack again.

We lose Hagrid as we are catapulted towards the Black Lake. Suddenly the tentacles of the Giant Squid reach out and grab us. Buckbeak appears just in the nick of time, battling the squid and saving us from a watery grave. As we retreat to the castle gates beneath a rising sun, Hagrid rejoins us.

Just then, Dumbledore himself strolls by, sending someone to fetch Madame Pomfrey, explaining that Professor Lupinmay be in need of some help, and congratulating Hagrid on bringing us back to safety. "I couldna done it without the help of a couple o' escapees, if yeh know what I mean," Hagrid says, raising an eyebrow. "And to think they saved all those lives without the benefit of a timeturner," Dumbledore replies, winking as a hippogriff ridden by a shadowy figure flies away in the distance, with Fawkes calling farewell to them as he weaves in and out of the clouds.

The only way this could work is if either we're wearing goggles or the carriage itself is covered and has glazed windows or screens providing the effect of a moonlit night. Any way that is possible on a family-friendly but thrilling terrain-hugging roller coaster?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.