Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Black Panther

Watching this, I couldn’t help but think how well a Wakanda land would fit in Animal Kingdom. But I’m going to assume BP is considered an Avenger and would not be able to be in any kind of attraction in WDW.

This film KILLED it at the box office this weekend! It blew past every prediction. If I were a Disney exec I would totally be throwing around ideas for a Wakanda land.

Be careful what you wish for. This is Disney we’re talking about.

You wouldn’t get a new Wakanda land in DAK, you’d get an Africa Overlay. Half actual Africa half Wakanda.

Enjoy.

I loved the movie, but it was about 15 min too long and I’m sorry...the CGI was unforgivable. If these were the effects in any other Marvel movie, I don’t think people would be as kind...

Black-Panther-bad-CGI-suit.jpg

That said, everything else is so good in it, I can’t stop thinking about the movie!

MCU Rankings

1. The Avengers
  2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  3. Captain America: Civil War
  4. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  5. Captain America: The First Avenger
  6. Iron Man
  7. Guardians of the Galaxy
  8. Black Panther
  9. Thor: Ragnarok
  10. Ant-Man
  11. Thor: The Dark World
  12. Thor
  13. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  14. Iron Man 3
  15. Doctor Strange
  16. The Incredible Hulk
  17. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  18. Iron Man 2

Last edited:
In SLIGHT defense of the CGI at the end of the film. It was very rushed because they were constantly changing their minds about how they wanted it all to go down up to about a month or 2 before release. I have a friend that works for Marvel Studios so that’s where I get the info from.

In SLIGHT defense of the CGI at the end of the film. It was very rushed because they were constantly changing their minds about how they wanted it all to go down up to about a month or 2 before release. I have a friend that works for Marvel Studios so that’s where I get the info from.

I’m glad I’m not the only one. I personally did not like at all what they did with BPs suit. I liked it much better in Civil War. From the looks of the trailers, he’ll be back in his regular suit in Infinity War.

Letting it settle in more, I can’t put this on top with all of the top MCU movies. It’s middle of the road for me. Which is not a bad thing at all. Because it’s still a good movie.

Iron Man
Civil War
Avengers
Winter Soldier
Guardians.

That’s my top 5. I think it’d be pretty surprising if Infinity War doesn’t knock Guardians out of that though. Too hard for me to rank all of them since there’s so many I group together. I’d put Black Panther among the likes of Doctor Strange, Ant Man, Thor etc.

Great, but flawed is the most accurate description of this. They finally made a good, compelling villain. Finally made some different and unusual character choices. But....

The first hour or so is rudderless. And everything else is exactly as you'd guess. I get that it still has to be somewhat comic-booky, but when you're nearing film 20, take some damn plot chances Marvel.

Micheal B Jordan's Killmonger is by far my favorite MCU villain. Yes his methods were a bit extreme but I for the most part I couldn't figure out who to root for. Of course I wasn't too fond of how my girlfriend was looking at him the whole time so in the end I needed BP to take him out...

Good thing Photo Dave from Magic doesn't post here. He'd be complaining about that for the next twenty pages. :lol:....You guys settled that nicely. Another example of the friendliness and civility of IU Forums. :thumbsup:

I for one don't think he's sorry enough. I brought enough tomatoes for everyone to throw one.