Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Resort

I doubt they'll do away with monthly payments altogether. But it's crazy to see that Disneyland's most expensive pass with no blackout dates is $320 more than WDW's Platinum Plus pass.
That's what happens when you have a much larger local market and a huge amount more wealth. Still absurd prices by any theme park standard.

What they need is a 3rd park somehow.

Somehow, I don't think they want to have a third park, which is funny.

If they would, they'd be clamoring for Garden Walk, and figuring out ways to appease the hotels, Anaheim, and the county. But if I had to think with the issue of the Eastern Gateway, Anaheim and the hotels are in no mood to allow Disney to expand towards a third park.

If anything, I buy USH getting a second gate now more than Disney.

Somehow, I don't think they want to have a third park, which is funny.

If they would, they'd be clamoring for Garden Walk, and figuring out ways to appease the hotels, Anaheim, and the county. But if I had to think with the issue of the Eastern Gateway, Anaheim and the hotels are in no mood to allow Disney to expand towards a third park.

If anything, I buy USH getting a second gate now more than Disney.
I think it's really dumb that Anaheim is hurting their tourism stream. You allow Disney to expand, it will draw more tourists/more people to your Anaheim, which means a better economy for their city. Hopefully that will change later. A third park would really help spread those crowds out. They only have so much expansion space left in those two parks.

I think it's really dumb that Anaheim is hurting their tourism stream. You allow Disney to expand, it will draw more tourists/more people to your Anaheim, which means a better economy for their city. Hopefully that will change later. A third park would really help spread those crowds out. They only have so much expansion space left in those two parks.

To me, I think Disney should be somewhat to blame in a way, but that it's hard to explain.

If I had to give an analogy, think the opposite of the seeming relationship sofar with NBCUniversal/Comcast and the city of Los Angeles. Unlike Disney for right now, NBCU has the edge in political warfare, having individuals from the city support what Universal does, along with giving back to it's community outside of Universal City in ways.

I think Disney was at their own fault for the Eastern Gateway project, when it could've been easily avoided of having issues and to of been greenlit, if they worked with the city and the hotels. It may seem jealous of me, but that it isn't like they have easy ways to get out of situations like crowd control with entry's. They should've had things made in prep for that project, if they needed to appease the blvd.

I would love for someone to debunk it, but that I do think that as of now, Universal has more the likely chance of a 2nd gate as opposed to Disney getting a third.

What are the chances of Disney doing what they did for Guardians again for Star Wars? As in, selling ticket's for $150 (or whatever the price was) to preview the area before it opens?

Honestly, depending on the price, I would be willing to just do that. I would rather pay a bit more to see the land before it officially opens and not have to fight through the crowds. I'm sure it'll still be relatively crowded but nothing like it will be when it's opened to the masses.

After Star Wars land is built, my close Disney source told me Fantasyland will have a huge make over and perhaps have 2-3 new attractions. 1 being a e-ticket Attraction.

That makes sense, as it was a rumor flying around a few years back (along with Runaway Railway coming to TT) to include Frozen into the midsts.

The only location's that'd make sense, is if it'd be Fantasyland Theater and the SL area (Swan Lake).

After Star Wars land is built, my close Disney source told me Fantasyland will have a huge make over and perhaps have 2-3 new attractions. 1 being a e-ticket Attraction.
Ideally, I would love to see TDL’s Beauty and the Beast Ride/Gaston’s/Be Our Guest go in Fantasyland Theater/SW expansion pad, the Olaf sled coaster HK is getting in the motorboat area, and maybe one flat or meet and greet or something. Knowing Disney, the E-ticket will probably be Frozen Ever After (I hope not). ETA on this? ‘23? ‘24?
That makes sense, as it was a rumor flying around a few years back (along with Runaway Railway coming to TT) to include Frozen into the midsts.

The only location's that'd make sense, is if it'd be Fantasyland Theater and the SL area (Swan Lake).
I really want Runaway Railway, but I completely disagree with it going in Toon Town. Roger Rabbit is one of the better “FL dark rides” and putting RR in Toontown would put that ride in danger. It needs to go in DCA to balance things out. Yeah, I know, Eastern Gateway fell through and that’s what caused its supposed move, but they could modify it to fit in Monsters Inc and the Millionaire building. They would have to readjust the Monorail a bit to make it work, but they’re going to do that anyway for FL.

I also have one opinion that would trigger a lot of Disney purists: I would love to see Casey Jr and the Storybook boat ride get scrapped for “double Dumbo” and more foot traffic. “BUT ITZ BEEN THERE SINCE OPENING DAY!!! NOT MAH WALT DISNEY HISTORY!!!!” Look, Disneyland needs to change, it’s not a museum. Those two rides are relly holding the park back in terms of progress. Fantasyland is crowded as heck constantly. I would love to see those pointless rides go for more space to sprawl and a double capacity Dumbo.

Last edited:
I really want Runaway Railway, but I completely disagree with it going in Toon Town. Roger Rabbit is one of the better “FL dark rides” and putting RR in Toontown would put that ride in danger. It needs to go in DCA to balance things out. Yeah, I know, Eastern Gateway fell through and that’s what caused its supposed move, but they could modify it to fit in Monsters Inc and the Millionaire building. They would have to readjust the Monorail a bit to make it work, but they’re going to do that anyway for FL.

Call me crazy, but I'd love to see BVS absorbing Hollywoodland, with it more in the lines of this.

upload_2018-5-25_12-52-18.png

Oh no. Does this mean we're losing classic fantasyland attractions like Mr. Toad?