Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 452 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Splatoon for me would work better as a Men in Black type ride. The hard part would be coming up with a way to enter the paint and slide through it like they do in the game.

giphy.gif

Structure it as a hydro fighter (suspended, free-swinging seats) with projection mapped impacts. Putting you high and over the "battle ground" makes a new type of shooter and can enhance the speed of the game.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
No it can't
All things come and go. I've learned that long ago.

Men in Black, isn't a timeless IP. It's far from that. Unless if the reboot does the franchise wonders to bring it back, I would rather want that showbuilding used for something unique.

That said, perhaps that should be saved for it's own separate area that isn't Nintendo related?

Splatoon for me would work better as a Men in Black type ride. The hard part would be coming up with a way to enter the paint and slide through it like they do in the game.

If you have it be a row of seats suspended below a track like on an inverted coaster, then you can somehow make the seats tilt partially forward like what happens after loading on a B&M flying coaster. Accelerate slightly, add lighting and sound effects, and I think it could work for ink swimming.

Reactions: Legacy
I think this is far more likely than Zelda showing up at IoA or something. Nintendo is weird, and probably wants their stuff centralized, at least their big stuff

If that's the case, the new park will probably be 60% Nintendo, 20% Dreamworks, 20% Middle Earth (if it comes to the park). That would be awesome. And a little insane :).

I think this is far more likely than Zelda showing up at IoA or something. Nintendo is weird, and probably wants their stuff centralized, at least their big stuff
I'm going to against the grain and say that I actually think it's much more likely that Mario, Zelda, and potentially smaller things like Kirby and Splatoon are all mixed together in Park 3, and Pokemon ends up being the one that's separate. I wouldn't be surprised if Game Freak wants the theme park money, but wants to be its own separate thing from SNW. If that's the case, it could easily go in TL, KidZone, or even LC.