Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Seuss Landing Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Then again, the new Grinch is basically a guaranteed 1b at the box office because of Illumination's marketing machine and character recognition. An attraction based off that doesn't seem off base.

Maybe, but if after that they’re getting out of the Seuss movie business, are they gonna shell out the money to redo Cat and Trolly like they need to do? I kind of expected Seuss to be on the chopping block after the movies (apparently) shifted to WB

Maybe, but if after that they’re getting out of the Seuss movie business, are they gonna shell out the money to redo Cat and Trolly like they need to do? I kind of expected Seuss to be on the chopping block after the movies (apparently) shifted to WB

It would be an easy Nintendo Overlay, Change the CitH RVs to Mario Karts. High in the Sky Trolleys to the Bullet Bill concept. One Fish Two Fish could easily be changed to the fish from the old school Mario games. A little paint and some new signs and boom. Probably explains the Kidzone uncertainty. They can get the open quicker to make certain people happy and have a unique experience in Orlando!

I really like Seuss Landing. I like all of its rides. It’s a perfectly good land, with incredible holiday decor and offerings. Y’all are mean. :(
I strongly agree. We have yet to experience the holiday offerings, but we're looking forward to doing that in December. It's one of Alene's favorite lands at Universal. We enjoy all the rides. CITH is a enjoyable dark ride, Red Fish Blue Fish is a blast. We love the Trolley, especially when we get the track that goes through the restaurant. The Carousel is the only carousel we ride anywhere, since it's characters are so unique. We even go through those interactive areas. They are hidden gems. Interesting stores too. The only negative is that we never eat there since the food choices are mostly directed to children. All in all though, it's fun, entertaining, unique and happily colorful. :thumbsup::)

I really like Seuss Landing. I like all of its rides. It’s a perfectly good land, with incredible holiday decor and offerings. Y’all are mean. :(
I actually agree with you. It's a nice whimsical area that's just one family ride short of being a really solid land. Is CitH the best dark ride? Absolutely not. But it's still serviceable and does it's intended job.

If they could fix the High in the Sky Trolley so that it somehow doesn't need a height limit anymore, then that would be a great improvement. Of course, considering the system stops to load/unload (unlike peoplemover), the capacity is unfortunately drastically lower.

If a Seuss E-ticket really is next then jeez. How much better is IOA going to be than USF? There seems to be a bit of an imbalance as it is and with the loss of Nintendo in the Studios, it's just going to keep hammering that home.

Add a good nighttime show in the IOA lagoon and stick a fork in USF. She's done. :lol:

I don’t dislike Seuss, but unlike Marvel Uni’s put like no money into it, and it needs it. Cat is kind of a joke in it’s current form, the land has a ton of wasted space, and the trolly needs upgrades as well. Just seemed like it was going to litter along forever, and then they dropped the movies so I took it as a sign

I don’t dislike Seuss, but unlike Marvel Uni’s put like no money into it, and it needs it. Cat is kind of a joke in it’s current form, the land has a ton of wasted space, and the trolly needs upgrades as well. Just seemed like it was going to litter along forever, and then they dropped the movies so I took it as a sign

Yet toon lagoon with the theater and Dudley’s in deplorable condition, and lost continent with the worst show in history still remain.

There are so many holes that need plugged- I don’t see Seuss being anywhere near the top of what needs fixed at UOR- not even near the top of IoA.

I do agree that it could certainly use better maintenance though. CitH seems to always have some trash thrown about in the ride (not as bad as Dudley, but still unnecessary), and the carousel seems to always have chipped up paint on the animals.

But that’s Universals MO on maintenance.
Some rides, queues and areas are impeccably maintained on a regular basis- TDL level of care and attention, and others are left to just sputter along for years and years. I don’t get it...

The Lorax ride maybe?

Funny enough, that was a thing Universal Creative pitched around..heck, there may be some of the concept art of that lurking around somewhere on the IU forums.

Edit: So it shall.

Found concept art of the Lorax dark ride.

2itkms3.jpg

(Found it here)
111 best Theme Park Attraction Fact Sheet images on Pinterest | Attraction facts, Vr and Park

So is Illumination not going to do the Grinch film anymore?