Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

That’s actually a great point. Disney is known for their musical songs. Universal is known for their orchestral songs. Might as well lean into it.

You can add HP to the list from @UniversalRBLX. If you start to list the IPs that Universal have in the parks, I think they could really be onto a winner with that. I'd be more than happy if they left the lagoon as is and just used the Music Plaza for an orchestra show every night.

John Williams: Theme from Jaws (Boston Pops) - YouTube

Volga-Band - "The Terminator Theme" - YouTube

Super Mario Bros. Medley (Eminence Symphony Orchestra) - YouTube

There's something about the updates for this that is like watching paint dry.
You can add HP to the list from @UniversalRBLX. If you start to list the IPs that Universal have in the parks, I think they could really be onto a winner with that. I'd be more than happy if they left the lagoon as is and just used the Music Plaza for an orchestra show every night.

I love this idea. I loved the Pixar concert at DHS and those film scores aren't even anywhere near as iconic as those listed above.

Something similar actually happens out here in L.A. at the Hollywood Bowl a few times each season. Last summer they did most of the Harry Potter Movies. This summer, they will do Jaws and some of the StarWars movies. Since the music plaza is themed to the Hollywood Bowl, it would work great.

I predict a massive mist screen. Almost the entire lengths of the lagoon.

Just guessing.
Depending on what type of mist screen they use, some only work on one side...The ones they had before worked on both, but you could still see a reflection of the reverse image depending on where you stood..

I don’t think Universal has any incentive to build a truly spectacular lagoon show at USF. The park just isn’t built for it.

That lagoon isn’t a great place for a nighttime show. It’s too small and there isn’t enough room surrounding the lagoon for an Illuminations sized crowd. The sight lines aren’t great either, but you can work around that.

The lagoon wasn’t designed for a nighttime show. I feel like the lagoons at Epcot and TDS clearly were.

If only Universal had built a park with a lagoon that was designed to have a show performed on it with planned viewing areas and all...