Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

If that means what I think it does then that makes sense. In Hollywood Murdy said everything is locked but one IP which is going back and forth(used the same wording with Conjuring last year, but not as extreme). If you know which IP it is can you give any hints?
It's not about an IP.

I try to triple-verify stuff. While some stuff remains constant, others vary from source to source.

It's not about an IP.

I try to triple-verify stuff. While some stuff remains constant, others vary from source to source.

Huh, if I’m thinking of the right thing, either 22% of the houses will be original, or 30%, depending on how things shake out then.

It depends on more than that.

What I'm saying is that, from where I'm sitting, basically everything is in flux. I'm literally getting new stuff every couple days, and a lot of it contradicts.

Nothing is solid until opening night.

To piggyback - it's also February. There is still almost 8 months to go.

A majority of you are too thirsty to find out everything before the first house is even announced; when HHN season finally does rolls around... ya'll get quiet.

I think it was @SeventyOne who pointed this out last year. There's more discussion about what could happen than when it actually is happening.

I used to like HHN speculation...

To piggyback - it's also February. There is still almost 8 months to go.

A majority of you are too thirsty to find out everything before the first house is even announced; when HHN season finally does rolls around... ya'll get quiet.

I think it was @SeventyOne who pointed this out last year. There's more discussion about what could happen than when it actually is happening.

I used to like HHN speculation...
These past few years have been no fun. As much as the riddles and hints can become tiresome, it was much more entertaining when most of the event wasn't made public months and months in advance.

Personally, I don’t want to know what all the houses are now. It’s February.

I am going regardless of what they announce. The summer reveals start to build excitement for Sept/Oct.

I am very curious to see if we get a new show and/or an additional house. On busy nights its nice to sit and watch a show for a break. If they don’t add a show its a slam dunk to add the plus to FF ... assuming they still offer it.

Not sure about on here but on Horror Nights Nightmares many members write reviews on the event and I love reading detailed opinions on each house and street, sometimes more. I feel like you're not giving the community enough credit (no hard feelings).

Not sure about on here but on Horror Nights Nightmares many members write reviews on the event and I love reading detailed opinions on each house and street, sometimes more. I feel like you're not giving the community enough credit (no hard feelings).

We do reviews here, too. I wouldn’t be doing any of this if it weren’t for HHN.

There’s a fair share that stick through it all. Love HHN through and through and will share their opinion of before, during, and after. There’s a good amount of HHN fans that are great.

But there are a good amount who give the fandom a bad name, especially this new breed of horror nights fan, which I feel, that creates this issue. Where speculation is more exciting than the event itself and would rather here their voice and be “in the know” then anything else - and if I had to guess, I’d bet they didn’t attend an event before 22.

There’s a fair share that stick through it all. Love HHN through and through and will share their opinion of before, during, and after. There’s a good amount of HHN fans that are great.

But there are a good amount who give the fandom a bad name, especially this new breed of horror nights fan, which I feel, that creates this issue. Where speculation is more exciting than the event itself and would rather here their voice and be “in the know” then anything else - and if I had to guess, I’d bet they didn’t attend an event before 22.
I mean I think I fit the description of a good hhn fan - I go out of love for horror and the experience of being fully immersed in the ideas the creative team cooks up, and also to feel part of my favorite films (I loved TCM in 26 because it captured the essence of the film so well, not just because ahhh it's a chainsaw guy) but I've only been taking the event seriously since 26, so I think some new fans have their heart in the right place. However, other new fans are into it just to be trendy and that sucks. Once met a girl that was going last year, and when we met up again she had only went in 3 houses, so I guess some just go because it has popular IPs

lol they're not even trying to hide it with that liked profile
ClIpCWV.png

I'm not sure what kind of fan I am other than rabid. I went to HHN in Hollywood in 2007 and 2008 and then hit a long dry spell. I didn't truly become indoctrinated until 2015 when my girlfriend and I went to 25 in Orlando. Since then I've kept up with things and had to suffer through not attending 26. I live in Vermont and am not wealthy by any stretch. We went to 27 in Florida last year and decided soon after we had to go to 28. Got our tickets for the Parks and hotel and airfare and things a week ago. Right now I'm so unimpressed with the world and bored with my job I'm living for October to a certain extent. I'm so excited that I will likely enjoy whatever is presented to me. I generally feel too enthusiastic to be negative about things. I'm whatever kind of fan that is.

That said, I'm hoping for no Purge, Insidious, Saw or Walking Dead and John Carpenter's The Thing is one of the few films that actually freaked me out, so I hope beyond reason that it is truly on the way.

Last edited: