Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

But literally no relation to another. If it’s just a Japan area with Pokémon then it’s a huge disappointment for me.

If it’s 7 acres of Pokémon immensely themed area with two rides and plenty of interactive areas and a small extra spot for HK, then fine.

Again this land isn't made just with you in mind. Its for everyone. Sanrio sold more merch (4.8 Billion in sales #12 in top brand licensor) and goods than Pokemon (3.3 billion #19) last year....that is a 100% proven fact despite whatever this site likes to make about well the store at Universal being empty. Most likely they will just theme the land to Tokyo to keep the "real location" theme going.

The Top 150 Global Licensors | License! Global

Tokyo as the "city" could be a lot of fun and makes since with USF. Portals for Pokémon would be easy enough to get you around to different areas of the IP, dining options would be an awesome addition. Heck they could even throw in a Pacific Rim/Godzilla/Kaiju e-ticket and blow our minds!

Again this land isn't made just with you in mind. Its for everyone. Sanrio sold more merch (4.8 Billion in sales #12 in top brand licensor) and goods than Pokemon (3.3 billion #19) last year....that is a 100% proven fact despite whatever this site likes to make about well the store at Universal being empty. Most likely they will just theme the land to Tokyo to keep the "real location" theme going.

The Top 150 Global Licensors | License! Global
The plan sounds like Toy Story Land more than what Pokémon should actually get and Pokémon is already “for everyone.” No need for Hello Kitty wasting its potential. They can shove that in a small corner of Site B if they want. Half an acre should be good right?

The plan sounds like Toy Story Land more than what Pokémon should actually get and Pokémon is already “for everyone.” No need for Hello Kitty wasting its potential. They can shove that in a small corner of Site B if they want. Half an acre should be good right?

What similarity at all does this have with Toy Story land? You don't even know what is planned for the land yet already complaining about one IP being part of it because its something you don't like. An IP already has three operating and somewhat popular theme parks and last time I checked it wasn't Pokemon. Lastly, both IOA and USF have no IPs that are strictly female marketed whereas they are full of male dominated IPs. Disney has the princesses let Universal get something substainal for them.

Besides if they do the Tokyo route they can add a lot more IPs than just Pokemon, Hello Kitty. It opens the door to Detective Conan, Shonen Jump Properties (Dragonball Z) Sailor Moon, Godzilla and Pacific Rim which all can't hold even a land.

Last edited:
What similarity at all does this have with Toy Story land? You don't even know what is planned for the land yet already complaining about one IP being part of it because its something you don't like. An IP already has three operating and somewhat popular theme parks and last time I checked it wasn't Pokemon. Lastly, both IOA and USF have no IPs that are strictly female marketed whereas they are full of male dominated IPs. Disney has the princesses let Universal get something substainal for them.

Besides if they do the Tokyo route they can add a lot more IPs than just Pokemon, Hello Kitty. It opens the door to Detective Conan, Shonen Jump Properties (Dragonball Z) Sailor Moon, Godzilla and Pacific Rim which all can't hold even a land.
Stuffing all that in KidZone? Wow you’re dreaming :lmao:

you forgot all the IPs squeezed in the initial Nintendo plans?
Yeah, 3. You named 7.

And this is where I get the Toy Story Land comparison.
2A23639200000578-3145973-image-m-32_1435762111496.jpg

harmonyland-042913.jpg

And here’s Hello Kitty at Universal Japan.
UnviersalJapan_233.jpg

Truly world class stuff right there :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Ewwwww get that Kitty out of my Pokemon land... we already have

Meowth
Persian
Skitty
Delcatty
Glameow
Purugly
Purrloin
Liepard
Shinx
Luxio
Luxra
Litleo
Pyroar
Espurr
Meowstic
Litten
Torracat
Incineroar
Solgaleo

she is not welcome here and it will just be confusing (can I catch hello kitty in my pokeball?) When you have literally over 800 pokemon you can play with you don't need anything else! I don't really know if I love the idea of Pokemon in Kidzone I feel like they might cheap out, where as if it was in IOA or the new park they would be more fleshed out.

Yeah, 3. You named 7.

And this is where I get the Toy Story Land comparison.

And here’s Hello Kitty at Universal Japan.

Truly world class stuff right there :thumbsup:

Last time I checked the original nintendo land plan had DK, Pokemon, Super Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Zelda, and Kirby all represented. That's 6 IPs...one less than the 7 listed.

Also the USJ is misleading as you totally forget the inside areas and the fact its also a shared land with 2 other IPs.

map_img.jpg

Last time I checked the original nintendo land plan had DK, Pokemon, Super Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Zelda, and Kirby all represented. That's 6 IPs...one less than the 7 listed.

Also the USJ is misleading as you totally forget the inside areas and the fact its also a shared land with 2 other IPs.

map_img.jpg
If I recall correctly those original plans gave those others incredibly tiny representation. Things like Godzilla and Pacific Rim would have to be huge. I’m guessing the same for Dragonball Z. Not happening.

That’s all that came up when I searched for it in google images. I was looking for pictures of the actual land.
Pretty solid on Hello Kitty in KidZone. Zelda in Lost Continent. And Mushroom Kingdom in the 3rd gate.

Also some Nintendo property along with Hello Kitty, but fuzzy on whether it's Pokemon.
If they’re going all kiddy land like it’s looking like it could be Kirby if it’s not Pokémon.

Surprised they have yet to introduce a temporary Nintendo store somewhere in the park.
Spongebob replacement? less popular stores like (god forbid) prop shop? would be cheap and profitable. Also Citywalk.

What if they delayed the land so that they could add Luigi's Mansion in ET's place? Would you guys still be okay with that?
Don't tell anyone...but yes I would

I just don't see where it would go without it taking over KidZone in USF and I don't see where it would go in IOA without replacing an entire land. Kong was shoehorned as it is... and pretty poorly.
any number of outdated attractions, take a look at about half of UO right now... also what's wrong with Kong's theming?

What if they delayed the land so that they could add Luigi's Mansion in ET's place? Would you guys still be okay with that?
Heck, if we're just tossing out ideas though, wouldn't the best outcome be if they also added in Yoshi's Island to one of the bodies of water in the middle of the next park.

I mean if we're talking about a bigger Nintendo spread in the 3rd dry park, might as well go all the way and do everything: Mushroom Kingdom, Bowser's Keep, Luigi's Mansion, and Yoshi's Island...

Heck, if we're just tossing out ideas though, wouldn't the best outcome be if they also added in Yoshi's Island to one of the bodies of water in the middle of the next park.

I mean if we're talking about a bigger Nintendo spread in the 3rd dry park, might as well go all the way and do everything: Mushroom Kingdom, Bowser's Keep, Luigi's Mansion, and Yoshi's Island...

Bowser's Keep? Fill me in please?

Doing Tokyo/Japan would be fantastic. The food would be unique for UOR (especially with tchop gone). I don’t need fully inclusive lands for certain IPs. Some can just be rides in a centralized area (I.e- the mummy in New York).