Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

Watch, John's punishment will be we don't get any announcements until late-August/early-September, in the style of an entire announcement event, kinda like what Knott's has been doing for the past few years. My main concern at first with the leaked lineup wasn't what IPs were gonna be pulled out, due to being still rumored, but rather that we were gonna be a bit off. Like last year when the first lineup leaked had Jigsaw, some of the Blumhouse properties, and Evil Dead 2, only to be later found out it was the entire Saw franchise, just 3 Blumhouse movies (including HDD which no one thought was gonna be in it), and Ash vs Evil Dead. All in all, I too don't think Murdy would risk switching out the IPs, given that not only is this year's is a very solid one, but given the no terror tram, and possibility of no show, as well as how underwhelming last year's event was (consensus of horror fans, die-hard HHN fans, and a lot of GA), it would help HHN get out of that rut for sure.

you realize that if you didn't wanna make the announcement public. why did you announce it on a public forum?

You have to keep in mind that whatever we say, it will be always set as a rumor until proven officially. That should be the way to how people should look at whatever we say, regardless of our track record.

It's been the case with film, television, video games, and theme parks. Whenever one of us bring up something that may be a plausibility, we acknowledge that there can be instances to where we were totally off-kilter and wrong.

It's not always, but it does happen. And while you got people who post rumors to get attention, some do it for the excitement or passion.

Just a thought about Stranger Things; if it goes into Waterworld how are they gonna do the transitions? The venue isn’t big enough to fit a ton of facades in between, so unless they use the Tunnels or Upside Down I’m not sure how they’d do it?

A little bit of self promotion but I thought I would give a shoutout to my new Video. Since I know you all love TLEV.

Not even 1/3 into the video and I'm highly glad I didn't pursue my "career" as an HHN Youtuber, or a Youtuber at all.
(Although I'm gonna have to agree with them, as bad as TitE was, it was hella fun to go through. And I went by myself as well.)

Oh no... they did not just question "why The Thing?" What the hell did they want then, another insidious?

They thought Halloween 2018 would be a backup maze for the other properties…not trying to be mean but I don’t see the logic in why Universal wouldn’t do Halloween as a main maze

The Weinstein Company deal fell through; they're gonna sell everything to a bunch of different groups, possibly including Lionsgate.

Weinstein Company Sale Deal Is Off Again, Bidder Says | Deadline

I dunno if Scream or Hellraiser is in there, but it's something to look out for, if not right now, than in the next couple of years.

So in practice, the planning is primarily on liquidating and stripping away what The Weinstein Company had, giving it to the best bid possible?

I feel like this should be saved for it's own thread, as this can turn to interesting business results real quick.

The Weinstein Company deal fell through; they're gonna sell everything to a bunch of different groups, possibly including Lionsgate.

Weinstein Company Sale Deal Is Off Again, Bidder Says | Deadline

I dunno if Scream or Hellraiser is in there, but it's something to look out for, if not right now, than in the next couple of years.

I’d think that if either of those became available we’d probably get Hellraiser first since Scream’s rights also have to do with the mask itself besides the Weinstein issues

So in practice, the planning is primarily on liquidating and stripping away what The Weinstein Company had, giving it to the best bid possible?

I feel like this should be saved for it's own thread, as this can turn to interesting business results real quick.

It's not the new owners; the successful bidders discovered undisclosed debts and other fun business in TWC's ledgers. It's a mess; I'm not sure who's getting what, but it sounds to me like TWC is going to auction off its assets.

One of my friends saw The Strangers: Prey at Night last night; from what they made it sound like it could’ve been a pretty good maze if they combined it with Strangers 1. Not saying I’d switch any of the IP’s out for it, but if we have another Conjuring incident it seems like it’d be a really good replacement property

One of my friends saw The Strangers: Prey at Night last night; from what they made it sound like it could’ve been a pretty good maze if they combined it with Strangers 1. Not saying I’d switch any of the IP’s out for it, but if we have another Conjuring incident it seems like it’d be a really good replacement property
Well, I’d take it over the Purge.