Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 622 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I like Kong. Haven't been to USH so it's a new experience but it's a good ride. I do agree with Andysol that if it were in USF it would probably lose a few points but being in IOA really helps. That park needs more indoor/dark rides.

Have they rolled out all the storyline tram drivers now? I thought they only had like 3 of them going at one point but it's been a while since I checked up on it.
When we were there in May they had the ones that we hadn't seen during the first months of the ride. I think we experienced all five between the two trips.

As of an hour ago today 11/27 the bats are there.

I have never done the bypass, can the bats be missed going that way?
No, the bats are visible from both ways. They must've been down for a quick refurb, as they were very clearly not there. The sound effects of them being there were still going off, but it was just a blank wall with no bats.

No, the bats are visible from both ways. They must've been down for a quick refurb, as they were very clearly not there. The sound effects of them being there were still going off, but it was just a blank wall with no bats.
Bats in full force yesterday and today. I think they were plussed and redressed, more prominent and look really good.
@Teebin I thought you might like to see how precisely the vehicles are tracking (if I can get the photos attached) - nope, file too large and I have trouble uploading and down loading from photo sites. (I have trouble with lots of other things but...)
Have to click the link I guess
Dropbox - 20180223_092751.jpg

So I was listening to the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets soundtrack and came across this...

Is it just me, or did they totally rip off that score for the Kong score? Lol

William Ross worked on the Chamber of Secrets score. I don't think he has official writing credits, but most people believe he ghost wrote chunks of it. He's credited for "score adaptation" and conducting. He also wrote and conducted the Potter music adaptations used in FJ, Escape from Gringotts, and HE.

William Ross worked on the Chamber of Secrets score. I don't think he has official writing credits, but most people believe he ghost wrote chunks of it. He's credited for "score adaptation" and conducting. He also wrote and conducted the Potter music adaptations used in FJ, Escape from Gringotts, and HE.
I hope he is boning up on the style. With Williams retiring from Star Wars I don't think Potter is far behind. William Ross is no spring chicken either so where are the scores going to come from? Kanye?

Finally got to ride this last weekend. The scare-actor in the queue is seriously terrifying. The story was a little weak, but it was a thrilling experience and the Kong AA was absolutely impressive.
I was reading one of the Universal Forum threads on Magic this week. Usually comments are middlin to pretty negative towards Universal. Anyway, the thread was started by a guy that spent a day at Universal for the first time. He was really complimenting the Universal parks, and said he was really surprised how good Kong was since he had read some negative reviews from Disney oriented sites. And then, to my surprise, another 5 or 6 posters chimed in and said they felt the same, that Kong was one of their favorite rides, and that it didn't deserve the bad mouth some gave it. One poster even said if Kong was in a Disney park it might be considered the best ride in the park. Good to hear that it's getting better press. It's a high capacity attraction but, on any given day, it's one of the two or three longest lines in the two Universal parks. ...and I guarantee you, the more you ride Kong, the better you'll like it. It's great for rerideabilty. Just one thing, only ride it when the outdoor portion is running. It loses a lot when it's indoors only.

Good to hear that it's getting better press. It's a high capacity attraction but, on any given day, it's one of the two or three longest lines in the two Universal parks. ...and I guarantee you, the more you ride Kong, the better you'll like it. It's great for rerideabilty. Just one thing, only ride it when the outdoor portion is running. It loses a lot when it's indoors only.

Last time we were there it seemed as though morning rides did not go outdoors. (Maybe to build lines before adding capacity? Who knows.) Anyone know if this is still the case?

Last time we were there it seemed as though morning rides did not go outdoors. (Maybe to build lines before adding capacity? Who knows.) Anyone know if this is still the case?
The general rule, that TM's said to me when I asked, is if they're only running two trucks, they generally only do the indoors. If the early morning is slow, I'd imagine they'd only run two trucks until the crowds pick up. Three or four trucks includes outdoor, unless the weather intervenes.

Reactions: Skold
The general rule, that TM's said to me when I asked, is if they're only running two trucks, they generally only do the indoors. If the early morning is slow, I'd imagine they'd only run two trucks until the crowds pick up. Three or four trucks includes outdoor, unless the weather intervenes.
That is interesting as I only ride when the wait is nonexistant which means morning in most cases. I walk up and get a row to myself but I have never done the indoor portion. I am a fair weather park goer so maybe that has something to do with it.

I just had to make my first ride at night. I've ridden it both day and night and the outside part is so much better at night. Also, if you're going for the first time, wait until night and then go towards the toon lagoon area to make sure your first glimpse of the castle is walking up that way, lit up at night. Its breath taking.

I just had to make my first ride at night. I've ridden it both day and night and the outside part is so much better at night. Also, if you're going for the first time, wait until night and then go towards the toon lagoon area to make sure your first glimpse of the castle is walking up that way, lit up at night. Its breath taking.
Yes, I was lucky enough to get one night ride in, since IOA always closed so early during non peak times. It was excellent. The effects were more pronounced in the dark. I'm definitely going to ride it many times during my May vacation since Universal has finally seen fit to keep IOA open until 10:00 PM most nights.

Reactions: Mike S and DK745