Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sapphire Falls Resort

I have had a series of very poor experiences during my stay this week while evacuating Irma and have gotten nowhere with speaking to management that has been on duty. Does anyone know if there is e-mail address or phone number to whoever is in charge to set up a time to speak to them about these continued issues?

Sorry to hear, I've also only had positive experiences there. We usually only stay at Sapphire now.

That means my previous Saturday morning $20 breakfast is now $35. Wonderful.

I am kinda interested in this. I love the minions. My big concern is the location. I have seen where they are holding it in a tent like structure at Sapphire Falls. How this is not going to be miserable hot and muggy in the summer months? The one review I watched from someone who went to a preview like event of this breakfast noted it was cold in January. Why are they not hosting this in a regular restaurant with heat and most important A/C?

I am kinda interested in this. I love the minions. My big concern is the location. I have seen where they are holding it in a tent like structure at Sapphire Falls. How this is not going to be miserable hot and muggy in the summer months? The one review I watched from someone who went to a preview like event of this breakfast noted it was cold in January. Why are they not hosting this in a regular restaurant with heat and most important A/C?
They've had those at Portofino also. The Trattoria restaurant has both indoor and outdoor piazza seating. In fact,, last May we watched it from our Portofino balcony. What was most noteworthy, and hilarious, was a crane that was begging for food and ultimately jumped up on one of the diner's shoulders. The kids, and adults, were really enjoying the DM characters & minions.

Everything about this seems like a test. The sales are through the Loews tickets site, not through dining. The location feels temporary. I get the vibe this is being rolled out by Loews at first as a justification to UOR to expand the character breakfasts.

Everything about this seems like a test. The sales are through the Loews tickets site, not through dining. The location feels temporary. I get the vibe this is being rolled out by Loews at first as a justification to UOR to expand the character breakfasts.

They really are missing a money machine with not having more character breakfast options. People love these kinds of character interactions. When my kids were little Disney soaked us for sooo much money. We did so many of these character meals at Disneyland.

Usually they have this sort of thing in the outdoor convention space between the main building and the inside convention space. It is outside but not that bad, it has fans to move the air.

Ohh, no.. fans don't help that much in humidity. If this is where it is held in May/June I will skip it. Winter they can at least put in heaters, but fans in an open tent structure are not going to cut it in muggy Florida summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. I mean, the character breakfast they’ve had in the past at the hotel restaurants, well, the characters were just there, I imagine to try and drive families to breakfast.

A buffet was on the menu, but you could order a breakfast from the menu as well, there was no added charge to us because the characters were there.

This sounds more like the model in the park where you pay for an experience that includes breakfast.

Interesting. I mean, the character breakfast they’ve had in the past at the hotel restaurants, well, the characters were just there, I imagine to try and drive families to breakfast.

A buffet was on the menu, but you could order a breakfast from the menu as well, there was no added charge to us because the characters were there.

This sounds more like the model in the park where you pay for an experience that includes breakfast.

Taking a page from Disney. Parents will pay a premium to get their kids a special character interaction opportunity. We did them all at Disneyland. I never regretted the expense because the experience they had was a great memory. We still joke about my daughter diving below the table when the mad hatter came to our table at Goofy's Kitchen.

Think about the kids in the costumes!

I did, just figured it would not be worse than being out in the parks. Though, minions do tend to stay inside at their ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
New sign!
_7KzuMrD8P_RSVCWQyjZm6J6KsRgc5a_F02XxAKzFdjYDsjMB4L5toK4i-utIyjj37QZGYuryseGhDYE1ghs1xoYNYK9DMw1ZxXU0fFxfGy_O1CBiM2-Fx53eMdOFwNIoNKr2WwVz07hHcl28Qfz5D5yg3M3UsM6ZzYNHkBz9sqnTVwc56OUl1K-Qcur6vDDTBVe6GlYlwadKnakjAp7d2fd0bBy6ZbTzgcCcJ-8kjBrEdnP3YO9QBzFlGabnRdYqTVb32-phRLbJGeOP4zR58e0kTysvW6ZAuCWnT3TCfMSWDMf_fDA_4HXpHdmLdCNnMkXybT623uuHKHHPzObYoyHu6LBFQ64PJUGcbsvLuR9qVHo5uK0ewtLqC1pLAR8CUH6MAtnw5fDSRVxphcfYLewQ7W78XUTz-J-A5F_2eRFmzlALg15HzhJpvIpNTFbkIGZGc1tG1f30QxdmBCOcx7TdQ9Jl3TJAfAnBCKS0k-BjWMqFamLLp6IEF-yLMOYFQeUryO3dGU0e6DSvqLm7NKYfO1iVAV1kjbQfocQzHcFDapMAE_YTgQcyu8wnhDFXQoNUCTVXVT6R_7fF89ktSyH6esKnqjYdfiN9vOh=w850-h637-no

Perhaps it is just the sunlight, but the darker blue text causes it to look like an old western saloon font the way that the shadow blends together. Not the best show. I do like the swooshy mosaic curves though.