Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 252 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Whatever happens with this thing, I'm praying that the graphics that are gonna be on that screen around me are not as atrocious as the ones in the behind the scenes video.
Check out around 50 seconds to see what I mean. Hopefully they were just preliminary renderings...

Nope. That checks out. Rode it in Hollywood.

Reactions: tankart150
And your thoughts in general? I want to be excited for this as I'm heading to Universal for the first time in a few months, but there is a ton of negativity swirling around.

When I was in Hollywood back in 2016 for a private preview of Hogsmeade as apart of a company initative, I was able to ride the Studio Tour, and in turn, to see the updated visuals seen for Supercharged.

As for the dialogue, it's horrendous for theme park standards, but is conveyed well in a cheesy way that makes it on the border of bad to roughly passable.

My favorite scene was the Musion scene, but that's more due to how they used a practical effect seamlessly, and isolated the other tram cars in front and behind us. That was creative and unique in a way I give them props for.

As for the 360 scene itself, they did rather splendidly with the wind effects, as it helped simulated that feeling of rushing through the freeway well, ontop of the blasts of I think CO2. And as far as the visuals, they weren't as bad as I thought they were being, but they weren't great either. I would also say the way the height of the 360 screens actually ruined more of the immersion than anything else.

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to Inside Universal! I hope you have a great time!

Last edited:
And your thoughts in general? I want to be excited for this as I'm heading to Universal for the first time in a few months, but there is a ton of negativity swirling around.
It’ll be cool to ride something new. I may be down on it myself lately, but I’m always excited to ride something new. Plus, I actually like the Furious films. I wish the ride wasn’t just more screens, but I’m still gonna have fun riding something new. Heck, if anything, the story and stunts going on are so crazy, the ride will be fun just for how purely over the top it is!

My favorite part will probably be the little turn after load before entering the warehouse party. At least that will be a practical set, and I love inside scenes made to look like your outside.
Off topic but that is my most favorite part of RNRC the first time I experienced that I was blown away and felt like I was outside (with suspension of belief).
On topic though I have always thought but didn't want to say it but I think we will be pleasantly surprised on this attraction once open. I'm not saying groundbreaking or top 5 but I don't/didn't believe it would be the dumpster fire it's been thought to be.

Off topic but that is my most favorite part of RNRC the first time I experienced that I was blown away and felt like I was outside (with suspension of belief).
On topic though I have always thought but didn't want to say it but I think we will be pleasantly surprised on this attraction once open. I'm not saying groundbreaking or top 5 but I don't/didn't believe it would be the dumpster fire it's been thought to be.

I also agree that the outside scenes that are indoors are the best!

What’s RNRC?

I mean.. it's a blast when you're on it but the graphics do take you out of it when Vin Diesel goes full limp noodle. They work so hard in motion capturing but the animation just doesn't do it justice. (And I say animation because... that's what it looks like. Even though the all the main actors really were used).

It's obviously a fun segment of the Studio Tour and the 360 wrap screen works for that as they do have to get creative in attractions for a 40-row tram. I actually did the VIP tour and we rode in mini-versions of the tram so that made the tour even cooler.

jwjTSHw.jpg

We dog the attraction a lot but we're going to enjoy it when we ride it. It just should never have been cloned here.

The 360 scene felt
I mean.. it's a blast when you're on it but the graphics do take you out of it when Vin Diesel goes full limp noodle. They work so hard in motion capturing but the animation just doesn't do it justice. (And I say animation because... that's what it looks like. Even though the all the main actors really were used).

It's obviously a fun segment of the Studio Tour and the 360 wrap screen works for that as they do have to get creative in attractions for a 40-row tram. I actually did the VIP tour and we rode in mini-versions of the tram so that made the tour even cooler.

jwjTSHw.jpg

We dog the attraction a lot but we're going to enjoy it when we ride it. It just should never have been cloned here.

This picture looks familiar lol

I'm also in the group that didn't think the Hollywood version was as bad as people made it out to be. The sense of speed was definitely there. My biggest complaint was that the 360 scene felt way too short and should've been longer. There was alot going on and then all of a sudden it was over. I didn't time it, but it felt a lot shorter than Kong's scene and unless they added more to it, I think people will notice it immediately. Also, the vast majority of YouTube POVs do a horrible job of showing how the experience will be (like showing only one side of the screen the entire time). Ive seen only one that filmed it correctly. A lot of people are watching these vids and then automatically trashing the ride.

I'm also in the group that didn't think the Hollywood version was as bad as people made it out to be. The sense of speed was definitely there. My biggest complaint was that the 360 scene felt way too short and should've been longer. There was alot going on and then all of a sudden it was over. I didn't time it, but it felt a lot shorter than Kong's scene and unless they added more to it, I think people will notice it immediately. Also, the vast majority of YouTube POVs do a horrible job of showing how the experience will be (like showing only one side of the screen the entire time). Ive seen only one that filmed it correctly. A lot of people are watching these vids and then automatically trashing the ride.
Thanks for your interesting perspective of the ride. :thumbsup:

People are constantly asking what abbreviations mean. Just take a minute to spell things out ppl.
Agreed. Hate when people use abbreviations so much as if EVERYONE knows what they are talking about.
They’re convenient. Ask if you don’t know and it shall be answered, but mostly a quick thought will answer your question. There’s also a thread with all of them somewhere.

I bet you anything my first reaction will actually be it’s better than I expected.

Because I expect so little.

The IU crew has bets on this being the common thought.
Yeah, this has been my thoughts for quite some time now too. I mean, it can't possibly go BELOW my expectations considering where they are.

Much like TSL though, for a park at a premium for attraction space, this will always be a wasted opportunity to have done something grand.

Last edited:
I'm going to be there on the 27th any chance of it being in soft opening yet? Last year they were letting people on Fallon around the same time.
That was going to be the very earliest I could’ve seen softs start, but with last Wednesday not going as planned I would say it’s going to be at least another week longer unfortunately. Hopefully I’m wrong though!

EDIT: Anyone see anything in Team Member news today about previews yet by any chance?