Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 139 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I still think it'd be smart to hold off on offering FastPass for the first couple weeks to better regulate the lines and to further break in the ride systems (like Universal did with Harry Potter). But Disney will probably be offering some kind of up-charge by the time this land opens...it's all about the money.

I still think it'd be smart to hold off on offering FastPass for the first couple weeks to better regulate the lines and to further break in the ride systems (like Universal did with Harry Potter). But Disney will probably be offering some kind of up-charge by the time this land opens...it's all about the money.

I don't expect that as Disney markets hotel rooms with the idea of having early access for FastPass. However, they can be like Uni and just not offer it or make it a "Deluxe FastPass".

No doubt. 26,000 Disney hotel rooms on site plus private hotels on site. A dearth of new attractions the past decade or so. Yes, GESWL will constantly be crowded, Hogsmeade level...... Of course, nothing will probably ever recreate opening day at Hogsmeade for a crowd line. That was once in a lifetime stuff.
Specially if they intend to open early exclusive days only to the fan base

Reactions: Mad Dog
I wonder how many guests will think that Star Tours is the new ride and not even enter the land itself, LOL.

It's going to be interesting how Disney regulates crowd flow for the land. Will they do ticketed entry for the first few weeks? Queue?

Speaking of capacity, I don't think capacity for the park will be too bad will still be bad, but not too dramatic) since the park is somewhat balanced now. Instead of the two main attractions (ToT and RnR) being in one corner, you have two new lands on the opposite side to balance the park.
The way they did it for Pandora on opening day was a queue to get in a queue to wait to get in the land. Took me close to 2 hours to get from the front gate into the land and I was in the park when the gates opened at 8am... the problem was it was an Early EMH day, so before the park even opened to regular guests, the land was at capacity and lines had formed to enter.

It goes without saying that Galaxy's Edge will be far worse and likely require a ticket system. I'm frankly not sure if they ever did that for Pandora but I think they will need to here.

I do know that for quite awhile, the only way into SWGE is going to be through the Grand Avenue entrance and Toy Story will be used as an exit only, similar to how they ran (and still run in busy times) Pandora where the only entrance is the main bridge and the only exit is the side bridge leading to Africa.

The way they did it for Pandora on opening day was a queue to get in a queue to wait to get in the land. Took me close to 2 hours to get from the front gate into the land and I was in the park when the gates opened at 8am... the problem was it was an Early EMH day, so before the park even opened to regular guests, the land was at capacity and lines had formed to enter.

It goes without saying that Galaxy's Edge will be far worse and likely require a ticket system. I'm frankly not sure if they ever did that for Pandora but I think they will need to here.

I do know that for quite awhile, the only way into SWGE is going to be through the Grand Avenue entrance and Toy Story will be used as an exit only, similar to how they ran (and still run in busy times) Pandora where the only entrance is the main bridge and the only exit is the side bridge leading to Africa.

This actually has me wondering if DL will move their EMH to DCA when SW opens.

This actually has me wondering if DL will move their EMH to DCA when SW opens.
No, I don't think so.

The reason Disney did Early EMH on Pandora opening was bc it was an incentive for even locals to get a room for the night so they could get in early. The same will happen out west. I also expect DHS to follow a similar opening with both TSL and SWL.

Reactions: Scott W.
No, I don't think so.

The reason Disney did Early EMH on Pandora opening was bc it was an incentive fore even locals to get a room for the night so they could get in early. The same will happen out west. I also expect DHS to follow a similar opening with both TSL and SWL.

My plan is to do California and Vegas again next September and I'm looking for every advantage I can get to get into SWL with as little hassle as possible.

It seems like the preferred "big reveal" entrance (i.e. Diagon Alley entrance through bricks) is via Toy Story land, do you think they will have lines snaking through a new land for the Grand Opening? or will they use the Grand Avenue entrance?

It seems like the preferred "big reveal" entrance (i.e. Diagon Alley entrance through bricks) is via Toy Story land, do you think they will have lines snaking through a new land for the Grand Opening? or will they use the Grand Avenue entrance?
I have heard the plan is for temporary switchbacks all down Grand Ave. And possibly some entertainment and ODV carts there as well.