Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I'm thinking my son will be around 4-5 years old when SNW opens, which is a good age. He's 6 months now. I'm definitely going to introduce him to Mario & friends when he's a little older.

I have a feeling that we might get a SNW announcement next year. Next year, Star Wars Land is gonna pull in a lot of tourists into OC instead of L.A. and HP isn't gonna be the only thing saving USH anymore. The Lower Lot definitely needs to be expanded, but aside from SSs 22-25, I don't really see a lot of activity there. With the recent indication that USH might open its SNW 2nd after Japan and before Orlando, I really feel that something coming good pretty soon.

I have a feeling that we might get a SNW announcement next year. Next year, Star Wars Land is gonna pull in a lot of tourists into OC instead of L.A. and HP isn't gonna be the only thing saving USH anymore. The Lower Lot definitely needs to be expanded, but aside from SSs 22-25, I don't really see a lot of activity there. With the recent indication that USH might open its SNW 2nd after Japan and before Orlando, I really feel that something coming good pretty soon.

The next major announcement should be for Jurassic World.

We also then have the possibility of Pets, and any other project coming to USH prior to SNW.

The next major announcement should be for Jurassic World.

We also then have the possibility of Pets, and any other project coming to USH prior to SNW.

I was hoping Jurassic World would be based on a gyrosphere attraction which is more land-based, since the first JW entirely centers the action around it. However, doing so would eliminate the only water ride USH ever has and it would be awkward if they just retheme into JW while keeping the water ride intact. So based on your estimate, we might not get the SNW announcement until 2020. The building for SLOP though under my impression doesn't fit for the entirely practical effect unless UC drills more room down below to make room.

I was hoping Jurassic World would be based on a gyrosphere attraction which is more land-based, since the first JW entirely centers the action around it. However, doing so would eliminate the only water ride USH ever has and it would be awkward if they just retheme into JW while keeping the water ride intact. So based on your estimate, we might not get the SNW announcement until 2020. The building for SLOP though under my impression doesn't fit for the entirely practical effect unless UC drills more room down below to make room.
River Adventure isn't leaving. The main thing being rumored about is a 9 month closure of River Adventure for upgrades to the attraction, and changes to make it more like Jurassic World.

As far as Pets, it wasn't exactly at a bigger plot to begin with. They'll just need to be creative with what the Globe Theater size brings.

Reactions: ush.hacker
I agree that Jurassic World will be the next announcement. I would expect that we may hear something from the 25th Anniversary. I am only afraid that the fans will not like the news of losing a classic attraction when management may see it from a different perspective.

SLoP will get some adjustments being in the Globe Theater. I think the attraction would serve a much better purpose as a smaller attraction and not a large E ticket.

SNW will get announced when the planning of construction is to begin. When it is time to break ground...the announcement will be made.

I agree that Jurassic World will be the next announcement. I would expect that we may hear something from the 25th Anniversary. I am only afraid that the fans will not like the news of losing a classic attraction when management may see it from a different perspective.

SLoP will get some adjustments being in the Globe Theater. I think the attraction would serve a much better purpose as a smaller attraction and not a large E ticket.

SNW will get announced when the planning of construction is to begin. When it is time to break ground...the announcement will be made.

I get the vibe it'll have a similar reaction to when Star Tours closed, but that in this case, it'll close the only water attraction for an extended period of time, longer than previously.

I do think the announcement will come for the 25th, and it wouldn't phase me if Orlando's is possibly announced, as that seems to be happening for them too..

As far as Nintendo is concerned, it'll be announced when they need it to be announced. And even then, I don't think we'd be expecting much to be said for it as of now, outside of confirmation of Mario Kart coming to Hollywood as-well.

I would expect that we may hear something from the 25th Anniversary. I am only afraid that the fans will not like the news of losing a classic attraction when management may see it from a different perspective.

I don't think they'll announce anything during the 25th. They'll let the anniversary simmer, then once the Fallen Kingdom comes out and does super well at the box office that'll be the prime time to announce JW.

I want to recap where SNW would be located, but I have a feeling that SNW at the Lower Lot would be located where the demolished SSs are, after some of the temporary HHN mazes would wrap up. There isn't much to be done about the demolished SS at the Lower Lot for now on, so it looks like it would be a potential future site for SNW.

As for Jurassic World, as long it's still a water attraction, then fine by me, but you would also miss out the potential for a land-based Gyrosphere ride too., which can only be suitable for Beijing and Florida.

Jurassic Park ride track and building will remain. The Jurassic World will be an overlay of the scenes.

SNW was supposed to replace Mummy and the Soundstages between Transformers and Mummy...that being said, with the relocation of SLOP, there is space available between JP and TF, but I think that would require a sizable downgrade. Hmm...

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Jurassic Park ride track and building will remain. The Jurassic World will be an overlay of the scenes.

SNW was supposed to replace Mummy and the Soundstages between Transformers and Mummy...that being said, with the relocation of SLOP, there is space available between JP and TF, but I think that would require a sizable downgrade. Hmm...

As far as I've been told, SNW has not and will not be downsized.