Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fantastic Beasts - Crimes of Grindelwald

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Fantastic Beasts 2 has begun production; with an official synopsis confirming that Tina, Queenie, and Kowaliski will return to the new film. Other characters are returning, with even Credence returning in a new form; as Ezra returns to the character.

Dumbledore and Newt will team up against Grindelwald in the new Fantastic Beasts film - Pottermore

Warner Bros. reveals the new characters coming to the new Fantastic Beasts film - Pottermore

Plot synopsis,

J.K. Rowling wrote the screenplay for the film, which opens in 1927, a few months after Newt helped to unveil and capture the infamous Dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald. However, as he promised he would, Grindelwald has made a dramatic escape and has been gathering more followers to his cause—elevating wizards above all non-magical beings. The only one who might be able to stop him is the wizard he once called his dearest friend, Albus Dumbledore. But Dumbledore will need help from the wizard who had thwarted Grindelwald once before, his former student Newt Scamander. The adventure reunites Newt with Tina, Queenie and Jacob, but his mission will also test their loyalties as they face new perils in an increasingly dangerous and divided wizarding world.

Unpopular opinion, there was much I liked in the first one. But how do you stretch out the Dumbledore/Gridelwald feud over four movies?

"The Hobbit got 3 movies out of a kids' book, we're going to get 4 out of 2 pages!"

Unpopular opinion, there was much I liked in the first one. But how do you stretch out the Dumbledore/Gridelwald feud over four movies?

"The Hobbit got 3 movies out of a kids' book, we're going to get 4 out of 2 pages!"

I have an honest feeling they are going to do the "Talk less, smile more" approach, but instead of smile more, go full into magical ethics.

Hrmm, I got the same feeling from that as I did from the Solo trailer. They cast the wrong guy. It'll probably grow on me, but that just didn't feel like Dumbledore.