Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 292 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI, the area I circled is where the golf channel associated resort is supposed go.

2018-03-12-13-03-41.jpg

A lot of that is wetlands and creeks. It's not impossible, but they'll have to get creative.

It’d also be difficult to get approval to destroy a lot of it. The east most land has a waterway that feed into the Everglades and are therefore federally (or it it state? 80% sure it’s federal tho) protected wetlands.

A lot easier to do that than straight up buildings, although that waterway runs right behind Ikea and the Mall of Millennia too. It'll be prone to flooding though in rare rain events (Stalled out Tropical Storms/Hurricanes). It also could just be sharing the Shingle Creek Resort Golf course with some sort of arrangement with Rosen. Not necessarily a new course.

Isn't Tussauds already at I-Drive 360?
Yeah, it depends on what they want to do.

If they want to bring everything to this larger plot, they could bring the odditorium and Tussaud's or leave those out and build the rest.

Basically a land of attractions either way.

Yeah, it depends on what they want to do.

If they want to bring everything to this larger plot, they could bring the odditorium and Tussaud's or leave those out and build the rest.

Basically a land of attractions either way.
Tussaud's Wax Museum is owned by Ripley. Madam Tussaud's Wax Museum is owned by Merlin Entertainment.

It would be weird if Ripley opened a complex with a Tussaud's Wax Museum and a Ripley Aquarium less than a mile from I-Drive 360 which has Madam Tussaud's Wax Museum and the SeaLife Aquarium.

Last edited:
Toussad's Wax Museum is owned by Ripley. Madam Tussaud's Wax Museum is owned by Merlin Entertainment.

It would be weird if Ripley opened a complex with a Tussaud's Wax Museum and a Ripley Aquarium less than a mile from I-Drive 360 which has Madam Tussaud's Wax Museum and the SeaLife Aquarium.
Oh I didn't realize there was that difference; well it'll be interesting to see what they have planned that can take up 40 acres of space.

It makes the most sense to bring their brands together in one land as sort of mini-resort kind of setup (maybe with a hotel attached) given that we're talking about a substantial space, but that requires a lot of investment and moving things toward that spot.

And as you've mentioned there's competitors right nearby...

Oh I didn't realize there was that difference; well it'll be interesting to see what they have planned that can take up 40 acres of space.

It makes the most sense to bring their brands together in one land as sort of mini-resort kind of setup (maybe with a hotel attached) given that we're talking about a substantial space, but that requires a lot of investment and moving things toward that spot.

And as you've mentioned there's competitors right nearby...

Could they be proposing these plans in the bid to drive up the price of any future sale?

Reactions: Mad Dog
Could they be proposing these plans in the bid to drive up the price of any future sale?
Yeah, given what @Disneyhead said, it seems almost unprofitable to spend a ton of money to centralize Ripley's attractions and offices given there's so much similar competition nearby... building a wax mueseum/aquarium/mini-golf with a lot of competition for those nearby doesn't make all that much sense.

It makes more sense to me if they sell the land to Universal for a profit (plus a lease on some CityWalk 2.0 land).

Yeah, given what @Disneyhead said, it seems almost unprofitable to spend a ton of money to centralize Ripley's attractions and offices given there's so much similar competition nearby... building a wax mueseum/aquarium/mini-golf with a lot of competition for those nearby doesn't make all that much sense.

It makes more sense to me if they sell the land to Universal for a profit (plus a lease on some CityWalk 2.0 land).
It could be a negotiating ploy? Ripley’s spends a small amount of money on land prep to scare Universal into paying for the land. Then, Ripley’s can package the land prep money into the final sale price.

Just FYI, the area I circled is where the golf channel associated resort is supposed go.

2018-03-12-13-03-41.jpg

I'm assuming at least a 9-hole course is part of the plans?

It’d also be difficult to get approval to destroy a lot of it. The east most land has a waterway that feed into the Everglades and are therefore federally (or it it state? 80% sure it’s federal tho) protected wetlands.

If there is a golf course planned, you can work these waterways into a golf course; course designers often rework and add in new wetlands to the design to help preserve the surrounding environment. As long as the course uses green / sustainable fertilization techniques then a golf course can improve upon current wetlands.

Reactions: zg44 and WAJAS
Could Universal build and open a second waterpark at the same time as CitiWalk 2.0, hotels, and the 3rd park? It could help Volcano Bay's capacity issues, and make Universal South into more of a resort destination.

Also, it would be kind of nice to not have CitiWalk 2.0 connect directly to the 3rd park. Build a Hogwarts-Express-like transportation system to carry guests to and from the park, with buses and a long walkway just in case the train breaks down.

Could Universal build and open a second waterpark at the same time as CitiWalk 2.0, hotels, and the 3rd park? It could help Volcano Bay's capacity issues, and make Universal South into more of a resort destination.

Also, it would be kind of nice to not have CitiWalk 2.0 connect directly to the 3rd park. Build a Hogwarts-Express-like transportation system to carry guests to and from the park, with buses and a long walkway just in case the train breaks down.
Universal is maxing out Volcano bay so many days as it is. If they want to add that much hotel capacity and push multi park passes, they would pretty much have to.

Reactions: Magic-Man

I think a second water park is a high probability.

I'm curious to see the layout of the overall resort and what Universal can cook up with their 20 year experience with the current resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.