Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

It seems like the preferred "big reveal" entrance (i.e. Diagon Alley entrance through bricks) is via Toy Story land, do you think they will have lines snaking through a new land for the Grand Opening? or will they use the Grand Avenue entrance?
Grand Ave entrance is the "Big Reveal". I'm not convinced it will work as they think, but it makes the most sense from an ops standpoint as Grand Ave can handle the queue situation that will be needed.

TSL will be exit only upon opening and likely for quite awhile afterwards.

yeah, that's probably a good thing. TSL will draw it's own crowds, and having the SWL line interfere with the TSL lines will be chaos.

It will be interesting to see what ride will prove to be more popular. The Falcon or Battle Escape.

Also, I wonder how Fast Pass tiers will work with so many new rides in the park at once. This is my one hope that will keep standby lines somewhat manageable.

yeah, that's probably a good thing. TSL will draw it's own crowds, and having the SWL line interfere with the TSL lines will be chaos.

It will be interesting to see what ride will prove to be more popular. The Falcon or Battle Escape.

Also, I wonder how Fast Pass tiers will work with so many new rides in the park at once. This is my one hope that will keep standby lines somewhat manageable.
Falcon might be more popular initially just due to it being the freaking Falcon, but I’m fairly confident Battle Escape will be the better/more popular ride in the long term.

Grand Ave entrance is the "Big Reveal". I'm not convinced it will work as they think, but it makes the most sense from an ops standpoint as Grand Ave can handle the queue situation that will be needed.

TSL will be exit only upon opening and likely for quite awhile afterwards.

I get from an operations stand point that makes sense, but all of the mockups we see have come from the viewpoint above TSL.

It definitely seems like DL lucked out with having the better "reveal" entrance. I'm still excited to check out DHS's version though, just to see what the small differences will be.

Just curious...Anyone hear any budget cost estimates for;
* DHS GESWL
* Disneyland GESWL
Kind of somewhat different builds, state/local construction codes, wage costs, etc. . Probably close to one another but I wouldn't expect them to be exact duplicates.

Just curious...Anyone hear any budget cost estimates for;
* DHS GESWL
* Disneyland GESWL
Kind of somewhat different builds, state/local construction codes, wage costs, etc. . Probably close to one another but I wouldn't expect them to be exact duplicates.

According to an interview with Iger back in 2016, he says each land will cost $1 Billion.