Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Love that it’s coming out at the same time. I never understood why all of Marvels releases hit overseas first. I’ll be there opening night. I bet within the next week we’ll get a new poster/trailer

Love that it’s coming out at the same time. I never understood why all of Marvels releases hit overseas first. I’ll be there opening night. I bet within the next week we’ll get a new poster/trailer

I'm somewhat curious if we'll get a new ad by the time the Oscars come, with a Solo like ad for a trailer to drop on Monday.

In the past, Marvel would roll their films out over a two week period or so, with the US being one of the last to get it, because they wanted the good word of mouth to carry over to us to hype us up more and get more of us into the theater. At this point though, Marvel has reached a place in their popularity that they don't really need to do that anymore. The Marvel brand is so strong that people are going to see their films no matter what, pretty much.

Also, I assume some MASSIVE story developments and surprises happen in Infinity War and they (Kevin Feige mostly) want to avoid spoilers at all costs. Same day release across the globe will help with that for sure.

In the past, Marvel would roll their films out over a two week period or so, with the US being one of the last to get it, because they wanted the good word of mouth to carry over to us to hype us up more and get more of us into the theater. At this point though, Marvel has reached a place in their popularity that they don't really need to do that anymore. The Marvel brand is so strong that people are going to see their films no matter what, pretty much.

Also, I assume some MASSIVE story developments and surprises happen in Infinity War and they (Kevin Feige mostly) want to avoid spoilers at all costs. Same day release across the globe will help with that for sure.

That’s a good way of thinking. In this social media era, people have no problems posting spoilers. I saw The Last Jedi the Thursday night it was released, when I went home on twitter afterwards and clicked the hashtag, spoilers galore.

So I’ll be seeing this Thursday night so I don’t have to dodge spoilers for any period of time. Also because my hype for this is through the roof haha.

Hearing that some of the reviews for "Wrinkle in Time" are not very positive and Disney has already lowered the expected opening numbers. Could this be the reason they are pushing up Infinity War as well? To soften the blow of a potential bomb by pushing out their other blockbuster early and feeding off the positive BP vibes?

Hearing that some of the reviews for "Wrinkle in Time" are not very positive and Disney has already lowered the expected opening numbers. Could this be the reason they are pushing up Infinity War as well? To soften the blow of a potential bomb by pushing out their other blockbuster early and feeding off the positive BP vibes?

Nope.

If I had to guess, an extra week of no competition will just bolster up the final numbers for the film, especially as it makes all-time lists.

Nope.

If I had to guess, an extra week of no competition will just bolster up the final numbers for the film, especially as it makes all-time lists.
An extra week of no competition and with a Worldwide release all on the same day, there won't be any major spoilers going around really, either (unless you go looking for them).

An extra week of no competition and with a Worldwide release all on the same day, there won't be any major spoilers going around really, either (unless you go looking for them).

Well they will have the task of dethroning Rampage from winning its 3rd straight weekend.

I kid. Smart move of them moving that up. It’ll have a 2 week window to make some money before Infinity War comes out.

This should be a big week for Avengers. You gotta believe we’ll be getting a trailer/poster. Black Panther has been in theatres for 3 weeks now, Disney just released trailers for their other big movies last week. So it’s time to kick the marketing for this into overdrive.

By Friday morning of the release, #"insert hero name here"isdead will be trending. Any major bombs in this will be spoiled unless you try to avoid them.

By Friday morning of the release, #"insert hero name here"isdead will be trending. Any major bombs in this will be spoiled unless you try to avoid them.
That's Friday morning though. If you are dead set against spoilers, you're going to go on Thursday (and if you're like me you'll stay off of twitter until after you see the movie that day, too), so it at least helps a little bit. Hopefully they do the same for next year's movie, too.

Tickets are supposed to be going on sale this Friday. My friend that works for AMC said they received an email from Disney telling them to have all of their showtimes locked by end of business yesterday and ready for sale on Friday. My guess is that they'll release the new trailer on GMA friday morning with tickets available afterwards. OR, trailer drops tonight with a tag at the end saying tickets on sale Friday.

DYaZfTMXUAIfTes.jpg:large

Last edited:
WOW...this looks awesome!
So... who haven't we seen in the trailers so far: Hawkeye & Ant-Man and they are not in the poster or cast list (although show up on IMDB) also no Nick Fury. Are they not in this one or smaller part? Are we getting Captain Marvel or any other MCU character intros?