Aventura Hotel | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm working to open a hotel now and we're going to soft open a week before we're permitted to start accepting reservations. It's common to have a pre-open period where you can only accept walk-ins, but it's usually the difference of a couple of days.

Hotel openings are definitely not like flipping on a light switch.
Someone should have told Sapphire Falls that....

So I'm trying to reserve OCT 5 - OCT 13 and I'm getting the following message on top

"The property is currently unavailable for the selected date(s). Please select an alternative date, adjust the number of nights of your stay, or select another on-site hotel. Alternate properties are listed below."

I called Universal and they say the dates are available and this is just a system glitch right now. They said they cannot book it right now though. Do you guys think they are full and booked out already?

So I'm trying to reserve OCT 5 - OCT 13 and I'm getting the following message on top

"The property is currently unavailable for the selected date(s). Please select an alternative date, adjust the number of nights of your stay, or select another on-site hotel. Alternate properties are listed below."

I called Universal and they say the dates are available and this is just a system glitch right now. They said they cannot book it right now though. Do you guys think they are full and booked out already?

We ran across the same thing with trying to book Oct 7 - Oct 14. One day, there were multiple types of rooms listed, a few days later, nothing. We ended up booking Cabana Bay just to lock in lower room prices.

Reactions: JoeCamel

Keep trying, expand the dates, shift them around and as @Jocamom did book a backup just in case. You can adjust later. Those are prime dates so they do go fast.

I just noticed that my Adventura ressie has a $12/night parking fee attached. This means I park in the same design garage I parked in at SF right next door when it opened for $10 less a night! That is going to rub some people the wrong way.

Do any of you find it mysterious that we never, in all the photos, see a window actually being hung? It’s as if they just appear overnight through some kind of black magic.
Yep, that's it. I was wondering when someone would stuble upon Universal's hidden secret of fast construction. They used black magic in the super fact building of Transformers also, double dose there. Legit info, I got it from an Insider on a 'hill'. . :lol:

So looks like those Oct Dates are available again with the regular rates (They were really jacked up last few weeks). So I was able to book Oct 5-13 and get my $100 dining credit. Woohoo!
Universal has different hotel rates depending on the season. There's quite a difference between peak/holiday room rates and regular season rates. There's also a difference between value rates and regular season rate, but it's not as pronounced as the peak/holiday vs. standard rates. If you're booking a vacation during most of the September days, it would generally be less than Oct. rates. Additionally, there's the Stay More Save More discounts whose percentages also fluctuate according to the season. And, weekend rates are also higher than weekday rates...Bottom line is there is a lot that goes into getting a Universal hotel rate, and sometimes it's best to play around with the dates a bit to get the results you prefer.....Note: Columbus Day weekend is pretty busy at all the Orlando parks since so many school calendars started having fall breaks. Expect some crowds. Not like Xmas or Easter, but still substantial.

Do any of you find it mysterious that we never, in all the photos, see a window actually being hung? It’s as if they just appear overnight through some kind of black magic.
Maybe the windows can only be put up overnight? Something, something reflecting sunlight with a focused piece of glass?

Reactions: Teebin

Yep, that's it. I was wondering when someone would stuble upon Universal's hidden secret of fast construction. They used black magic in the super fact building of Transformers also, double dose there. Legit info, I got it from an Insider on a 'hill'. . :lol:

Maybe the windows can only be put up overnight? Something, something reflecting sunlight with a focused piece of glass?

I think they do place glass early in the morning while its cool and no one's too tired too drop glass.

Never ever doubt that bio documented it!